The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey #[member='raksrules'] ,

Is it a possibility that they might not unlock the phone after taking a request. One of my friends was told straightaway that his phone can't be unlocked due to security reasons. He was foolish enough to try again and was given the same verdict. But i tried for 2 phones and both the requests were accepted. What is the chance that they will still decline to unlock the phone, after the 8 days waiting period.

Hey #[member='raksrules'] ,

Is it a possibility that they might not unlock the phone after taking a request. One of my friends was told straightaway that his phone can't be unlocked due to security reasons. He was foolish enough to try again and was given the same verdict. But i tried for 2 phones and both the requests were accepted. What is the chance that they will still decline to unlock the phone, after the 8 days waiting period.

Keep pestering different reps until someone gives in
<

I was shot down 4 times before being approved. Don't loose hope. They giive all sorts of reason and this "security" thing is at top and they would not even tell what the ACTUAL problem is.

Talk softly and sweetly and explain them you are travelling overseas or tell them you already are overseas.

They shall give you case# and hopefully will unlock soon.

Send email to icare3@amcustomercare.att-mail.com with IMEI only and request an unlock. No need to explain much, may be travelling overseas etc. People have got more success with this email id.

If they ask for proof of purchase, tell them you bought from craigslist and do not have proof as it was cash and hand to hand deal.

Keep pestering different reps until someone gives in
tongu23e.gif

I was shot down 4 times before being approved. Don't loose hope. They giive all sorts of reason and this "security" thing is at top and they would not even tell what the ACTUAL problem is.

Talk softly and sweetly and explain them you are travelling overseas or tell them you already are overseas.

They shall give you case# and hopefully will unlock soon.

Send email to icare3@amcustomercare.att-mail.com with IMEI only and request an unlock. No need to explain much, may be travelling overseas etc. People have got more success with this email id.

If they ask for proof of purchase, tell them you bought from craigslist and do not have proof as it was cash and hand to hand deal.

I already have case no for both phones. When i asked one of the reps that does this guarantee that the phone will be unlocked since he took hi time checking the IMEI nos,. i was told that i will be contacted by e-mail whether or not th ephones will be unlocked. I however of the thought that once they have taken the request, there must be very less chance of the request being turned down.

I already have case no for both phones. When i asked one of the reps that does this guarantee that the phone will be unlocked since he took hi time checking the IMEI nos,. i was told that i will be contacted by e-mail whether or not th ephones will be unlocked. I however of the thought that once they have taken the request, there must be very less chance of the request being turned down.

I would suggest wait for few days and see if you get email from ATT about the unlock instructions. It is true that a case# does not mean you will get unlock but in most cases it does. Did they give any date ?

If yes then wait for that date and then contact the chat rep or someone.

Direct link for ATT Chat is below (you do not need ATT account and enter junk info of things you do not know)

https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/65595271/?cmd=file&amp;file=visitorWantsToChat&amp;site=65595271&amp;SESSIONVAR!skill=customersupporttech&amp;SESSIONVAR!pagename=WirelessSupportChat&amp;SESSIONVAR!Section=MyATT&amp;SESSIONVAR!CTN=6013414770&amp;SESSIONVAR!AccountOwnerName=SCOTT%20SPEED&amp;SESSIONVAR!device=AppleIPHONE%204&amp;SESSIONVAR!PhoneDevice=AppleIPHONE%204&amp;SESSIONVAR!FAN=02395462&amp;SESSIONVAR!sessionId=jtNKPGHV2d0tXn2pJbJLZg7Qy0tzhnYJnwVwqwzGVnDrqQbQ7nTV&amp;SESSIONVAR!stack=woammw30&amp;SESSIONVAR!upgradeEligibilityFlag=N&amp;referrer=https%3A//www.att.com/olam/passthroughAction.myworld

I would suggest wait for few days and see if you get email from ATT about the unlock instructions. It is true that a case# does not mean you will get unlock but in most cases it does. Did they give any date ?

Direct link for ATT Chat is below (you do not need ATT account and enter junk info of things you do not know)

https://sales.livepe...hAction.myworld

Thanks for all the info. Much appreciated. I think i will wait it out till the time they have said i will be contacted by their case team. From the words of the reps i am pretty confident that the phones will be unlocked. Just hope it all works out.

Can anyone tell me what i did wrong here ?

I wanted to run skype on my JB iPhone and after installing skype, it gave me error saying it cannot be run on modified iPhone. Read somewhere on internet that i need to download Mobile Subtrate to run it.

When i searched in cydia i found that mobile subtrate is already there and unknowingly i uninstalled it. Checking its logs, i saw that it uninstalled all my JB apps and even Ultrasn0w, Zephyr and such. So after rebooting, i installed Ultrasn0w again and it automatically installed Mobile subtrate also. Things are back to as before now (few things missing).

Can anyone tell me what i did wrong here ? I should not have uninstalled mobile subtrate ?

Can anyone tell me what i did wrong here ?

I wanted to run skype on my JB iPhone and after installing skype, it gave me error saying it cannot be run on modified iPhone. Read somewhere on internet that i need to download Mobile Subtrate to run it.

When i searched in cydia i found that mobile subtrate is already there and unknowingly i uninstalled it. Checking its logs, i saw that it uninstalled all my JB apps and even Ultrasn0w, Zephyr and such. So after rebooting, i installed Ultrasn0w again and it automatically installed Mobile subtrate also. Things are back to as before now (few things missing).

Can anyone tell me what i did wrong here ? I should not have uninstalled mobile subtrate ?

From what i know, and this is just an inkling, the mobile substrate acts as a layer between iOs and cydia. It always gets installed alongside Cydia and is like the most important part of jailbreaking. You can say that it is one of the steps of jailbreaking. So removing it led to removal of all apps that were dependent on the phone being jailbroken.

^not true exactly, however it is essential to run JB apps as you said. I just did a tethered JB using RedSnow & mobile substrate did not install along with it. When I was installing the first package, "afc2add" & Installous, mobilesubstrate was installing.

Mobile Substrate is some very imp app for JB & without it none [I guess] JB apps would work. Even SB Settings needs Mobile Substrate. Apps are dependent on it, so when u uninstall it, all dependent apps also gets uninstalled.

^not true exactly, however it is essential to run JB apps as you said. I just did a tethered JB using RedSnow & mobile substrate did not install along with it. When I was installing the first package, "afc2add" & Installous, mobilesubstrate was installing.

Mobile Substrate is some very imp app for JB & without it none [I guess] JB apps would work. Even SB Settings needs Mobile Substrate. Apps are dependent on it, so when u uninstall it, all dependent apps also gets uninstalled.

Oh yeah, so sorry. I meant Installous rather than Cydia. Installous is really dependent on the Mobile substrate and so are many other important apps/hacks. Like i said it is supposed to act as an interface.

thanks

So my iPhone came in two weeks ago. Since then I've added various programs, including a voice recorder, theme changer etc. on its 1.1.1 firmware.

https://sales.livepe...hAction.myworld

Well. the D-Day came and went and since i didn't get any response from AT&T, i contacted them via Chat. They said that they are waiting for the approval from Apple. I am guessing that they are waiting for the acknowledgement from Apple that they have unlocked the phone. They told me to wait for 1- 2 more days.

Well. the D-Day came and went and since i didn't get any response from AT&T, i contacted them via Chat. They said that they are waiting for the approval from Apple. I am guessing that they are waiting for the acknowledgement from Apple that they have unlocked the phone. They told me to wait for 1- 2 more days.

Yes it is not approval but acknowledgement i feel since i had a call once with apple and they told they are not related with this unlock and ATT is completly responsible for unlocking the device.

even me waiting for AT&T to respond. called on 12th April, resolution date was on 20th April.called and mailed them multiple times.

same response: Request under process

dont hold your breath might take some time.

hope you have better luck than me

Im using a new White iphone 4s, its on 5.0.1(9A406). The seller from I bought said its Factory Unlocked.

I want to Jailbreak it, please guide me through the steps. Should I upgrade to 5.1 or remain on 5.0.1 & do a unthethered JB?

Also after JB, is it ok to carry out upgraded or upgrade should be disabled?

Confirm that its factory unlocked by using different sims.

To JB, refer tutorials on iclarified.com , you need the shsh blobs. Also, use untether of 5.0.1 and don't upgrade unless 5.1 untether us out.

JB doesn't affect your update/upgrade

even me waiting for AT&T to respond. called on 12th April, resolution date was on 20th April.called and mailed them multiple times.

same response: Request under process

dont hold your breath might take some time.

hope you have better luck than me

That is sad. Sprint unlocks the iPhone in under 5 minutes. Why does AT&T take so long. After they have checked the eligibility, it shouldn't take more then 1 day for the request to be completed.

Confirm that its factory unlocked by using different sims.

To JB, refer tutorials on iclarified.com , you need the shsh blobs. Also, use untether of 5.0.1 and don't upgrade unless 5.1 untether us out.

JB doesn't affect your update/upgrade

Any other way to check whether Factory unlocked?

iClarified shows Absinthe JB while Redsnow also has a JB for 4s on 5.0.1.

Are you sure, one can connect to itunes & upgrade after carrying out JB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back