The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://unlockit.co.nz/

^^ Go there on your iPhone , select country/carrier, email and you are all set. Install the received profile from your email and your iPhone settings are done.

I tried what you suggested..

I screwed up my wifi router couple of days ago while doing some RnD
eye.gif
, so I setup Wifi hotSpot on my HTC Inspire and accessed the above site on iphone, I done the carrier/Location selection and clicked on send to mail..got the msg that "mail sent" and after that i got msg that "last call cost Rs.79" for 1 min work
mad44.gif
and moverover I haven't got anymail in my mailbox too
<

Any other way to check whether Factory unlocked?

iClarified shows Absinthe JB while Redsnow also has a JB for 4s on 5.0.1.

Are you sure, one can connect to itunes & upgrade after carrying out JB?
to confirm unlock, changing sim is the best way. Nonetheless, if you are using it on India's sim/telecom then most probably its unlocked !!
<

Use the redsn0w method.

Yes, you can update via itunes, but you will loose your JB !! Once 5.1JB is out, update to 5.1 and then JB.

@Distro, yup mine is working on Indian sim flawlessly.

Ok shall try Redshow. Anything to keep in mind/consider, backup, etc...?

So, before 5.1 JB is out, should I disable Update? Btw I know update is disabled in itunes, does one have to disable update in phone too?

I tried what you suggested..

I screwed up my wifi router couple of days ago while doing some RnD
eye.gif
, so I setup Wifi hotSpot on my HTC Inspire and accessed the above site on iphone, I done the carrier/Location selection and clicked on send to mail..got the msg that "mail sent" and after that i got msg that "last call cost Rs.79" for 1 min work
mad44.gif
and moverover I haven't got anymail in my mailbox too
sad.gif
lol, thats some serious shit. Was the rs 79 msg was on your htc or iphone ? Either way fire the CC guys abt the charges and always use 2g for internet. Never use 3G unless you have some data plan.

Check your spambox via iphone , transfer to inbox and check the download, it will be kind of a profile certificate, install it and you are set.

If there is no mail, try again via same site. I just tested it and email came within a minute.

@Distro, yup mine is working on Indian sim flawlessly.

Ok shall try Redshow. Anything to keep in mind/consider, backup, etc...?

So, before 5.1 JB is out, should I disable Update? Btw I know update is disabled in itunes, does one have to disable update in phone too?
itunes generally takes a backup, but you can check it by trying to restore it and you will see the various options of backups starting with latest backup. Anyhow, JB doesnt affects your backup on itunes. Iphone update is just an option, nothing much in there.

Correction: just checked on iclarified, absinthe is the only way to jailbreak iP4S atm !! do not use redsnow.

Was the rs 79 msg was on your htc or iphone ?

the msg was on my HTC, I had only rs.80.

Check your spambox via iphone , transfer to inbox and check the download, it will be kind of a profile certificate, install it and you are set.

If there is no mail, try again via same site. I just tested it and email came within a minute.

I will try it again when my router is fixed.

absinthe is the only way to jailbreak iP4S atm !! do not use redsnow

Thanks, JB'ed using Absinthe. Went on pretty smooth.

Cydia there, now what else to do...?

Small issue, signal strength fallen from 5 bars to 3(after JB).

After re-boot, signals showing only 2 bars. Settings & youtube icon gone blank.

Now after 2nd update, signals back to but settings & youtube icons still blank.
cry.gif

Not restore phone !!

Just restore the backup, in iTunes, left panel , right click and select "restore backup"

The phone was acting weirdly, wasn't able to call/recieve. Tinkered with settings, nothing worked. Phone was hanging up also.

Then Switched on Location services, things improved. Why so...?

Location services is just for Gps positioning. It doesn't affect other things, must be just weird. How are the icons now ?

I don't know, after switching on the location services, the phone started working. Earlier I was not able to do/recieve calls.

Settings icon is ok now but Reminders icon is still White.

Btw, does the location services consume lot of battery power?

Not much if you let only map services access the gps. I have let Facebook twitter map apps let access to gps. Anyway, it doesn't affect battery.

Evenmi was under impression that turning GPS on all time would eat my battery but i was proven wrong by a friend. You can restrict which apps use GPS via restrictions in settings. GPS does affect battery life if you use apps like maps extensively

I am getting 10 hours battery life with edge, GOS , push mail activated the whole time.

Not much if you let only map services access the gps.Anyway, it doesn't affect battery

How to go about these settings, I mean how to choose which app uses what?

You can restrict which apps use GPS via restrictions in settings.

I am getting 10 hours battery life with edge, GOS , push mail activated the whole time.

I shall try that too. Just checked, I've still to enable restrictions. How to go about this...?

10hrs with all those functions is reasonable. I'll download some maps & start using GPS. Any inputs on how to use GPS...?

Got iPhone 4 from Canada.

Original Carrier - Bell Canada

IOS - 5.0.1 jailbroken

Baseband - 4.11.08

Whats the unlock solution available ? I have heard that there is no Gevey or R-Sim yet available for 4.11.08
<

Well apple has patched their server. SAM trick will not work now. And this apple patch has also affect applenberrys latest gevey sim unlock for 4.11.08 they have recalled their gevey sim.

guess i am stucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back