The Desktop Thread!!

Its amazing, very user friendly, way better than Ubuntu for me coz it asked me to add any other boot entry to GRUB loader, which OS I want to be Primary, all network settings during installation, once installed we dont need to give 100s of commands, 95% newbie to Linux wants this kind of usability. Dunno why I was stuck with Ubuntu, never thought of trying other distro's. :ashamed: Now it seems Ubuntu is over rated. and All Linux haters should try this, I hope they will never go back to XP if gaming is not top priority.

Yes now installed Oxygen Icon pack (added 2 new screenshots above), and file associations changed in CP.

Thanks Darkstar for suggestion, Keep doing good work. :)

Dark Star said:
^^Yay.. Congrats on getting Mandriva.. So how it is ? Have you changed the file association as told under sound and applictions ? Mandriva 2008.1 Spring Edition : Breath Of Fresh Air - TechEnclave

Wallpaper's gone will post it after I backup my data :p

Edit : Sidhu bro. download this icon set and install it from Kde Control Center Oxygen Icons KDE-Look.org .

Just one more thing.. Add all the media/repositories except the testing one .. Also add the OLF media to enable Divx, Real Player and other s/w availability :) Check the review 2'nd page I have posted how to :) Do not forget to install additional Compiz Plugin after update from Add/Remoe.. Select the compiz plugin ver 0.74 after update :D

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 86
nice screens siddhu. looks very good. i wish i get the time someday to install ubuntu or madriva sometime as my secondary os just to try it out. but am too lazy.
here is good old xp x64 for the time being.

Back