The DLF IPL 2010 thread

gizmoholic said:
^ Reports say they weren't keen on playing the match after the blasts. Trying to sneak 1 point :p

ideally, the match should've been called off. I was waiting at one of the gates when we heard the sound of blast. We first though it was a loud cracker. After getting in, we were told that match is delayed but no reason was mentioned and there was no cell phone network (maybe jammed). At around 8pm, my friends called and told me about explosion that happened at gate no.8.

We were really lucky that the security and frisking at the stadium is so good that explosives were not taken inside. Else it would've been chaos.

anyways, though am sad that RCB lost today, I think they will still go to semis without any headache. My top 4 will be;

MI
DC
RCB
CSK

Looking at the way that DD is struggling on slow pitches, DC should be able to win against DD without any problem.

The points table as of now:

Teams Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR For Against
Mumbai Indians * 13 10 3 0 0 20 +1.251 2275/257.0 1965/258.3
Royal Challengers Bangalore * 14 7 7 0 0 14 +0.219 2166/260.4 2245/277.3
Delhi Daredevils * 13 7 6 0 0 14 +0.066 2021/255.4 2021/257.5
Deccan Chargers * 13 7 6 0 0 14 -0.363 2043/257.4 2120/255.4
Chennai Super Kings 13 6 7 0 0 12 +0.270 2090/251.3 2065/256.5
Kolkata Knight Riders 13 6 7 0 0 12 -0.456 2009/255.3 2059/247.3
Rajasthan Royals 14 6 8 0 0 12 -0.514 2179/270.4 2224/259.4
Kings XI Punjab 13 4 9 0 0 8 -0.490 2086/256.2 2170/251.3

Three matches remain:
1. Punjab vs CSK
2. DD vs DC
3. KKR vs MI

CSK have the advantage of higher NRR, so a win against KXIP will see them through to semis. If not, then both CSK and KXIP are out of contention.

DD vs DC is virtually a knockout match. Whoever wins is assured of a semis place. The other team will lose out due to less NRR, supposing that CSK win. However, if both want to go through, then CSK and KKR should lose in their matches.

KKR should win the last match, and win with a huge margin so as to improve their NRR. Theoretical chance. Practically, they are out of the semis.

@ logistopath,

If Deccan and Chennai both lose, then KKR need not win by a huge margin. Considering that DC will go further below in NRR(assuming they are losing), so KKR can scrap through. But then again, they won't win against MI in the 1st place :p

i don't know why but i feel kkr will beat mumbai. its just a gut feeling - i am no kkr/mi supporter i watch ipl bcoz i like watching a good game of cricket irrespective of which team is playing.

Asky said:
Well I am a MI supporter and even i hope KKR beat MI. Simply because, like MI they have never been in the semis :)

More importantly we will get to play them in semis :p ( if CSK loose today )

I am guessing both Bhajji and Zaks get rested in next match ( and outside chance of Tendulkar resting himself but I dont see that happening seeing he has long match free rest period after IPL ).

There is still selection dilemma for semifinal for MI. The dilemma is whom to pick and whom to drop :p

Duminy has basically made sure he plays in semis with his 2 knocks.

Dhawan needs to get the opening spot back.

Tendulkar

Dhawan

Rayudu

Tiwary

Duminy

Pollard

Dwayne Bravo / Ryan McLaren

Rajagopal Sathish

Harbhajan

Malinga

Zaheer Khan.

This would be ideal team. Bravo or McLaren is the critical decision ( thanks to duminy, or both would have been in :p ). Rest all have basically sealed their position.

@Shripad

Now that nayar is fit,would rather play him in semis in place of sathish.. his batting technique is better and he was won MI many matches in IPL 1 and 2.

Also gets you the right hand left hand combination..

tiwary - nayar - dhawan - duminy LHB

sachin-bravo-pollard-rayudu RHB

Dhoni powers CSK into semis...great innings..

With CSK winning this, KKR has no chance of making it to the semis, even if they win by a big margin. Their NRR cannot improve from -.45 to +.21

MI to play RCB in the first semi-final. :)

Nixy said:
Dhoni powers CSK into semis...great innings..

With CSK winning this, KKR has no chance of making it to the semis, even if they win by a big margin. Their NRR cannot improve from -.45 to +.21

MI to play RCB in the first semi-final. :)

Nope :p Whichever team wins the match that's on now will have 16 pts and move to the 2nd place. So, MI vs CSK in the first semi final :)

Back