The DRINK Thread.

Nope. Tequila is actually a very mild drink IMO. Nothing like that the movies say. But say if you are having Tequila bombs(Beer mug. 75% with beer(no light crap). put a tequila glass shot filled), 3 or 4 will have some awesome kick. I was on the table on 3rd. :D.

Tequila shots work with beers like corona, basically yellow stuff not brown. Try and ensure it isn't the cheapest or you will regret it the next day. The cleaner the drink the less sick you will be the day after. Though my trick for this is to drink a pint of water for every single measure consumed to counter dehydration. So a peg of liquor is equivalent to a pint of beer in alcohol content, its a lot of liquid to go down and you're not going to sleep too well but it helps.

You lose a lot of fluids on a binge. i weighed myself the day after once and found i weighed 5kg less (!). Drink lots of fluids

And when it comes to girls having drinks. 90% of girls have what i called placebo Kick. They "think" they are having the buzz and they do stupid stuff. Like in movies they see.

Not cool. Makes us having real kick look bad. :D

Girls having real kick... I pray you never see one. I did once. I was scared out of my mind. I didn't go out or have drinks alone for sometime. :( :( :(. I wanted to cry that day. It was so horrible.
and scary.

^Actually all "kicks" may be a placebo effect (outside of alcohol poisoning :p) people "behave" drunk because they want to act uninhibited/like dicks in public with a "get out of jail free" card. I am not saying you don't get a buzz, but the "drunk" behavior is all you, not the alcohol.

Being buzzed does however take the right music to a different level altogether. And sometimes even makes abominations (like Korn's version of brick in the wall) sound halfway decent.

Nope. Tequila is actually a very mild drink IMO. Nothing like that the movies say. But say if you are having Tequila bombs(Beer mug. 75% with beer(no light crap). put a tequila glass shot filled), 3 or 4 will have some awesome kick. I was on the table on 3rd. :D.

Hmm, Tequila Bombs are next on the cards - thanks.

Tequila shots work with beers like corona, basically yellow stuff not brown. Try and ensure it isn't the cheapest or you will regret it the next day. The cleaner the drink the less sick you will be the day after. Though my trick for this is to drink a pint of water for every single measure consumed to counter dehydration. So a peg of liquor is equivalent to a pint of beer in alcohol content, its a lot of liquid to go down and you're not going to sleep too well but it helps.

You lose a lot of fluids on a binge. i weighed myself the day after once and found i weighed 5kg less (!). Drink lots of fluids

I usually prefer KF Blue or Budweiser.. what other "Yellow" beer are there ?

^Actually all "kicks" may be a placebo effect (outside of alcohol poisoning :p) people "behave" drunk because they want to act uninhibited/like dicks in public with a "get out of jail free" card. I am not saying you don't get a buzz, but the "drunk" behavior is all you, not the alcohol.

Being buzzed does however take the right music to a different level altogether. And sometimes even makes abominations (like Korn's version of brick in the wall) sound halfway decent.

Waking up the next day with injuries & bruises on your body you never remember getting happen all too much. "Drunk" behaviour will vary from person to person but the usually symptoms are there with everyone ..

And when it comes to girls having drinks. 90% of girls have what i called placebo Kick. They "think" they are having the buzz and they do stupid stuff. Like in movies they see.
You see similar at office parties where people that do not usually drink get plastered with very little. Some people can't take it, these people should abstain. Some can get conditioned with practice. I don't think you should have to practice drinking to enjoy it. Like with good wines or single malts, the appreciation experience usually stops at one or pushing it two after that senses are overwhelmed. Time to shift to cheaper stuff.[DOUBLEPOST=1396626931][/DOUBLEPOST]
I usually prefer KF Blue or Budweiser.. what other "Yellow" beer are there ?
KF is my usual, just the ordinary one as its the easiest available everywhere. UB is another. Any lager will work.

I'm on the lookout for Lion and golden eagle (?) from mohan meakin, same people that do old monk. Anyone tried them ?[DOUBLEPOST=1396627103][/DOUBLEPOST]
Anyone with experience in Amrut? heard good things about it. :D
This another thing i've wanted to try for long. Forgotten the name. A local attempt at single malts.

There are two versions, one with imported barley and the other with domestic.

Last edited:
I'm on the lookout for Lion and golden eagle (?) from mohan meakin, same people that do old monk. Anyone tried them ?[DOUBLEPOST=1396627103][/DOUBLEPOST]
Golden Eagle is possibly the worst lager ever made, smells and tastes of burnt rubber and medicines

Making this post drunk on Kingfisher strong. I rarely drink so that's what we had after India's win playing tabla and singing Punjabi songs while crashing at a friend's place tonight.

Tequila is mild ? What planet are we living on ? :p
Me and a friend had this huge craving for Tequila one of the days (college time), so got a Sorza Silver, 6 shot glasses and decided to have 3-3 shots at one go. Then a break f/b 3-3 shots again. By the time I was at my 6th shot, got pretty buzzed and called up some friends so that somebody could pour us our drinks. :p
We did finish the bottle (just the 2 of us), but have absolutely no remembrance of what we did ! Got to hear some funny stories the next morning. :D
Possibly the only time in my life when I was drunk (I'm a large man and can hold my drink pretty well). Might be because we hadn't had much to eat since morning due to long hospital hours. But ****, it was fun. :bag::p

Last week accomplished my long term wish on Absinthe.
Bought one bottle French La Fee Absinthe with accessories.
Ceremoniously got drunk up to the gills.
Green fairy didn't appear though.

I stopped taking frequent casual drinks, it is boring now. Now only experimenting with exotic varieties. Absinthe was the beginning. Next one planned is Japanese Sake, Mead and so on...

Absinthe... Another type i find unattractive and too much hype. :(. I have a lot of colleagues coming and going from Germany. They all used to bring it.
Now the entire group is saying no to it. Been a year or so.

Sake used to have when i was in my old firm. Jap client. So all of the mates are there. :D. Reminds me of Kerala Kallu. :D. Dunno if you people know about it.
love it.

I tried some (damned expensive) Sake when I was in Singapore. It was nice, but no way would I drink it regularly at that price. Wouldn't mind cheaper versions though.

Anyone tried any Fenny? I polished off a bottle of Big Boss about a month ago. Strong and stinky! :wtf: I had to wash my clothes after every night of drinking.

Anyone tried any Fenny? I polished off a bottle of Big Boss about a month ago. Strong and stinky! :wtf: I had to wash my clothes after every night of drinking.

I prefer the Coconut flavor over the more popular Cashewnut, when it comes to Fenny.

Absinthe is told to be toned down too much for current day consumption. Many artists like Van Gogh, Chalres Dickens... were influenced by Absinthe. But, Thujone, the hallucinogenic in Absinthe caused so much issues (heresay that Van Gogh cut off his ear under Absinthe's stupor) that Absinthe was banned in many countries. Currently, it is only present in extreme minor concentrations within Absinthe. I bought an expensive french variety, but guys (middle east) says Lebanese use Absinthe a lot and their version comes cheaper. Found Absinthe pleasant, without much hang over, but over rated.

And you said it right, nothing beats the experience of Kerala Kallu, sipped along with good non-veg food, sitting in a kallu shaappu in the middle of a paddy field. :)

So you again reminded me of Kallu and Sake. It will be done this Easter :)

Absinthe... Another type i find unattractive and too much hype. :(. I have a lot of colleagues coming and going from Germany. They all used to bring it.
Now the entire group is saying no to it. Been a year or so.

Sake used to have when i was in my old firm. Jap client. So all of the mates are there. :D. Reminds me of Kerala Kallu. :D. Dunno if you people know about it.
love it.

While Saar old monk continues to be my perennial favorite, the lady of the house has force me to upgrade(?) my tastes..
While I find them all good, she is the one who goes all ga ga over the peaty goodness (?) of an Ardbeg over the oakish vanilla flavors (???) of a Balvenie :-S
DSC04166.jpg

Back