The Enshittification of Swiggy

AND HERE GOES BLINKIT AS WELL

I had received damaged goods but your app doesn't allow me to upload photos from my phone storage but the customer support said that the photos were illegitimate as if I would commit fraud for a Rs.40 cone of ice cream. The cone was damaged and melted so I ate it.
Was I supposed to wait to talk with customer support first?

If you want to you can tag blinkit in the twitter thread below:

https://x.com/newxiiplus/status/1804240904145838409

Last edited:
Hot stuff becomes cold, and cold stuff melts if it takes too long to deliver: food apps seem to have forgotten these items are time sensitive and think they are courier apps where short delays doesn't matter. As long as you increase the ETA and deliver within that, they think it's ok.

Oh, and the pic that you take in-app directly and send to them, it's not saved to your gallery

For the heck of it tried to order something at 3AM. Looked for something closeby. Arrived within half an hour and was nice and warm. So yeah...

Pizzas I generally avoid if the delivery time is more than half an hour

I've had melted ice cream with instamart because the idiots forgot to include an ice pack in the pouch with the magnums. And this is for a delivery that took no longer than a half hour

Big basket only for those items

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240622_152427_Swiggy.png
    SmartSelect_20240622_152427_Swiggy.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 40
That does happen from time to time but an hour is OK for me except for pizzas
You misunderstand the point of this thread: it's not about the total time from Ordering ---> Receiving food
I don't mind waiting an hour for HOT food. But after waiting for an hour, if I get cold pizza, I'm gonna be pissed.

What happened was: Ordering ---> 1st order Ready ---> 2nd order received ---> Waiting (1st order getting cold) ---> 2nd order Ready ---> 2nd order delivered ---> 1st order delivered

The underlined part is the unnecessary time wasted on 1st order, allowing it to get cold

If Swiggy had only 1 delivery partner at that time in the area, they should have done this:
Ordering ---> 1st order Ready ---> 2nd order received ---> Deliver 1st order ---> Return to store ---> Pick 2nd order ---> Deliver 2nd order

I'd rather get hot food in 40 mins, than cold food in 30 mins because it was merged; the only one profiting from this is Swiggy, not the DP, not the customer. Swiggy is neither letting the customer opt in/out of merging, nor informing them that their order might be merged, resulting in cold food. It's a gamble. And the house always wins.

I don't mind waiting an hour for HOT food. But after waiting for an hour, if I get cold pizza, I'm gonna be pissed.
I got your point which is why I stick to outlets close by and try to order early to beat the rush at peak hours when it comes to pizza

Your case is a bit unique given the hour of day when you place orders or at least what that's what your screen grabs indicate, isn't it?

PS
This is a PSA

Last edited:
AND HERE GOES BLINKIT AS WELL

I had received damaged goods but your app doesn't allow me to upload photos from my phone storage but the customer support said that the photos were illegitimate as if I would commit fraud for a Rs.40 cone of ice cream. The cone was damaged and melted so I ate it.
Was I supposed to wait to talk with customer support first?

If you want to you can tag blinkit in the twitter thread below:

https://x.com/newxiiplus/status/1804240904145838409
17 minutes delivery time for a blinkit order is very high. They usually deliver in 8-12 minutes. Was your order a big one? I have noticed bigger orders take slightly longer on average. Also since they have ice packs and special bag for cold items that ice cream should not had been melted on arrival. I see you took 10 mins to contact customer care (12:50am delivered time vs 1 am in chat) now i dont know where you live but 10 mins in room temperature is enough for an ice cream to melt here where I live.

I think they closed your inquiry because you consumed the damaged/melted goods which would mean ice cream was in consumable condition.

Your case is a bit unique given the hour of day when you place orders or at least what that's what your screen grabs indicate, isn't it
Late night ordering has been a thing for me since Domino's started delivering till 3am - midnight pizza just hits different.

Ordering over phone and asking Pizza Hut to send the card machine home so I could swipe, in a age when web/app ordering and online payment didn't even exist, was a regular affair as well.

But not once had I received cold food in all these years, until Swiggy started this "Minimal order grouping" BS. They might have been a couple of mins over the 30 mins or free deadline, but even then it was never cold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-17-11-56-46-370_in.swiggy.android.png
    Screenshot_2024-06-17-11-56-46-370_in.swiggy.android.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 11
Late night ordering has been a thing for me since Domino's started delivering till 3am - midnight pizza just hits different.

Ordering over phone and asking Pizza Hut to send the card machine home so I could swipe, in a age when web/app ordering and online payment didn't even exist, was a regular affair as well.
Don't Dominos & pizza hut have their own apps for this?

I never order from domino's because there are better options but last delivery is midnight and I generally try to get an order in way before that.
But not once had I received cold food in all these years, until Swiggy started this "Minimal order grouping" BS. They might have been a couple of mins over the 30 mins or free deadline, but even then it was never cold.
I think they don't have enough riders available. If demand builds this could be temporary but riders will ask for more at that time of day so I imagine some late charge will come in. It will work itself out is what I want to say

Back