The "Everyday" show-off thread !

^^ I'm assuming that was referred to me, in which case, apart from the insane bandwidth required (for a proper 1080i/p copy with DTS-HD/5.1/6.1/7.1 tracks), I would prefer physical copy over digital copies anyday. They look beautiful and you cannot replicate the feel of a physical copy. You can take them anywhere, play on any number of players and show them on your shelf. The same reason I prefer buying books & graphic novels over downloading PDFs. It just never is the same.

Plus digital copies are always bound by some kinda DRM or the other. You have a limited number of players on which you can play. But moreover, it's just digital. It's nothing you can feel, which takes away a huge part of experience IMO.

^Alekh I must say that's an impressive collection of blu rays you have there! May I ask what AV system do you have in place to watch the content?

^^ Thanks.

And please don't ask about the setup. It's pretty generic at the moment (and I'll feel embarrassed showing it off :ashamed:), though I'm saving for the big leagues. Will put up a proper setup next year !

Just got this at my home awesome delivery on 11/11/11.:clap:

[attachment=10180:17023.attach]

I think this will led my entry to "show-off" section.

Attachments

• dsc08496b.jpg
    dsc08496b.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 234
Bought these when i was roaming around in Singapore last week :p

[attachment=10183:17026.attach]

Attachments

• IMG_7300.jpg
    IMG_7300.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7554a.jpg
    IMG_7554a.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_7565a.jpg
    IMG_7565a.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 125
alekhkhanna said:
Congrats !

Are these set kits or do you've assemble them yourself ?

I assembled them myself, it was fun though :D
nehaladsul said:
^^ When will these be available in India?? Damages please!!! :( :(

Paid 60 SGD for the Gundam, ~11 SGD each for the masks and roughly some 7 SGD each for the keychains and the head band.

Availability in India ? Don't know mate :(

Back