The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Got some stuff from Flipkart. Amazing service in terms of packaging/Employee communication and delivery timings.
This is my 6th purchase from them in last 3 months and except one mobile phone all other deliveries were made in flat 24 hours. Incidently all items were shipped from Bhiwandi warehouse to Pune. But even then 24hours delivery time is damn impressive.

Some casual shoes to go with my Red ASICS. :)
1.jpg
2.jpg
This box is 5kg and little shy of 2X1X1feet in dimensions. Even this was neatly shipped in 24hours.

3.jpg
Excellent bubble wrapping surrounding the inner package from all sides. Even up and down.

4.jpg
The Eureka Forbes Trendy Nano. After few TE members bought this few months back I had this on my list but was weary of the noise being too loud feedback everywhere. Got to check this same model in Croma and the noise was less than of a mixy. So bought it online. Only if you attach the small nozzle which is for delicate electronic items or such. The noise becomes very loud else with all other attachments its pretty reasonable.
5.jpg
Good quality overall and nice suction power. Tried out all accessories and I am happy with the purchase.
6.jpg
Hope FK maintain this quality and speed..... Though prices of many items on their site is still more than other sites like ebay, etc.

Bought some stuff over the last 30 days or so.

1) Macbook Air 2013 256GB - Bought during the 'Back to School' sale. Ordered 2 Skinomi skins - Transparent and Natural Wood. Tried the Wood one and liked it very much. Soon gonna order for my phones as well. The transparent one will be soon put for sale.

2) Sony DSC QX-10 - Bought the Z1 and this on launch day. Decided to sell off the Z1 but am hanging on to this because the camera on my Galaxy Nexus is not that great.

3) PS3 - Had gone to shop for clothes today but ended up in the Games4U shop at the local mall somehow. :rolleyes:
Ended up purchasing the PS3 Last of Us bundle and FIFA 14. The guy gave me the Steelbook Edition of the FIFA 14 which he had lying around from someone who might have cancelled their pre-order. Contemplating whether to play or sell of 'Last of Us' that I got with the PS3. Is this game part of a series or a stand-alone game. Not a big fan of campaigns. Frankly, I bought the PS3 solely for playing FIFA 14 and maybe a couple of racing games.

P.S. - My editing skills are terrible.

oknJb71l.jpg

Congrats on the macbook air. Do yourself a favor and finish that game. It's one of the best games you will ever play in your life. Yep, it's that good.

@rdst_1, Congrats on the purchases and do post the damages.
Also more pics needed. The Wood cover looks cool and unique.

Thanks mate. The Wood skin looks great and I don't have to worry about any damage to the body either. Posting the damages and a few more pics of the MBA with the skin and of the Sony camera lens attachment.

1) MBA - 79k plus another 3k for the skin.
2) Sony DSC QX10 - 13k
3) PS3 Bundle - 22990 plus 3499 for FIFA14.

5OmZk7Nl.jpg

Pr7lDWXl.jpg

r6t8n1ml.jpg

aKyvxRCl.jpg

UrAJ081l.jpg

Last edited:
@asingh
@amitsharmameetu

Finally got some :D[DOUBLEPOST=1380987710][/DOUBLEPOST]and this
^whats the big deal about that ink? some written samples plz...
Big deal is that I was looking for this specific brand and it is the most VFM ink I have used so far. Regarding written sample my hand writing is too good to be displayed. Sorry if this posted wasted your time :)

thats the history,

I feel similar about pens, what's the big deal about fountain pens and ink? ;)

thats my response...

Brother there is no big deal in expensive watches
No big deal in bad ass computer rigs
No big deal in one's blue ray collection, anybody's gaming consoles and so on
Its about choice and liking of a person

They are just watches & pens...! That is the big deal about them.

i assume we are in sync? My Point is hunting down the Chelpark Ink was special for Roxtin so he posted and I supported the FEELING behind the purchase..
I also agree there's nothing special with watches, rigs, blu rays, pens, gaming consoles.. yada yada ..
its the FEELING that's SPECIAL

@amitshamameetu, welcome to TE! you seem to have LIKED @Roxtin's post, and then tried to explain a lot to me in a very brotherly way!! ;)

'nuff said

Last edited:
^Well nothing to drag, I grew up with inks like Chelpark, Camel/Camlin and Bril. These were the only brands available to us at that time and no one was aware of the brands like Caran d'Ache, Noodler or any other shizz. At present very few use FPs and those who do use the cartridges (well seems getting your hands dirty is no more IN) and availability of Indian ink (Not talking about Quink/Lamy or some other brands) is almost nil. I have a soft corner for Chelpark and will keep it as is.

So lets move on and meanwhile I'll arrange for some other common inks to be show offd :D

Got Ducasso KL-A6 Black Boy Multimedia Speaker from Flipkart @1139/-

VroEOQp.jpg

OBxwBTN.jpg

Features

6 Watt RMS speaker
Has In build LED Clock & Alarm
Build-in rechargeable battery (Nokia BL-5C)
AUX-in
Has inbuild audio amplifier
USB and SD card support
Remote control
Wood body

Got Ducasso KL-A6 Black Boy Multimedia Speaker from Flipkart @1139/-

VroEOQp.jpg

OBxwBTN.jpg

Features
6 Watt RMS speaker
Has In build LED Clock & Alarm
Build-in rechargeable battery (Nokia BL-5C)
AUX-in
Has inbuild audio amplifier
USB and SD card support
Remote control
Wood body

damn! shows 2400 as the price......

Back