The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Parker 98R, 3 - piece double edge razor.

DSC03654_zps3530b78a.jpg

DSC03662_zps2af12ef7.jpg

DSC03657_zpsb76582df.jpg

DSC03659_zps791a78f4.jpg

Nice and heavy razor. Nickel plated. Probably one of the heaviest razors out there. It is touted to be super aggressive, but I found it to be decent after 10-12 shaves. Guess my initial TTO was far more aggressive. One has to be careful while loading/unloading the blade. I hold the razor in a towel. It did slip once (without a towel), but luckily the guard caught my finger, and not the blade. It did have to alter my style a bit, guess that happens once razors are swapped.

Am happy...!

I was confused between a 18-135 and 24-105 for a few weeks now and I didnt want to buy a gopro this made more sense to me. it also connects to the phone and I have the sony xperia z1 compact so seemed logical to me. and yeah... 60fps at 1080 and 120/240fps is exactly what I wanted. :)
damages $390

Parker 98R, 3 - piece double edge razor.

Nice and heavy razor. Nickel plated. Probably one of the heaviest razors out there. It is touted to be super aggressive, but I found it to be decent after 10-12 shaves. Guess my initial TTO was far more aggressive. One has to be careful while loading/unloading the blade. I hold the razor in a towel. It did slip once (without a towel), but luckily the guard caught my finger, and not the blade. It did have to alter my style a bit, guess that happens once razors are swapped.

Am happy...!

Where did you pick it up from and how much did you pay?

Also since you are in all likelihood going for wet shaving, which brush are you using?

I would like to change my current razer for something that doesnt cost a bomb.

Where did you pick it up from and how much did you pay?

Also since you are in all likelihood going for wet shaving, which brush are you using?

I would like to change my current razer for something that doesnt cost a bomb.

I got it from someone at Quikr. He had used it 3-4 times, and could not get the hang of it. He also has a 99R (TTO), just as used as mine (3-4 times) up for sale. I got mine for 1250 (Amazon retails it for USD 31). No box though. I used a Gillette synthetic as of now, will get a Boar soon. Good razors cost a lot, and you cannot get them in India. Ask someone from abroad to get it. You can try in local shops for Monarch. Their TTO is decent, and does the job, for INR 100.

If you want the 99R, let me know we can work something out, but you would need to pay shipping to where you are.

@whatsinaname nice! Are you using a Hario pour over filter? or the aeropress mentioned earlier. If i recall correctly, you're based stateside, so if you want reccos on good coffee/beans for your coffee habit, lemme know(I've been through tons of Intelligentsia Black Cat, Stumptown, Klatch myself)

--Also got this over the week. My back sorely needed it.

Nope, no pour over. It seems like it will be a lot less forgiving of bad technique and preparation. :p

I am trying out the local roasters here. Will definitely hit you up for more recommendations.

Is that a herman miller or a knock off?

Lol, no, still saving for a Herman Miller. It's what is known as the Featherlite Optima (Although it goes by many names, as its made in taiwan and imported by every other office chair dealer here). Its no Herman Miller, but its BASED on the Mirra, which is what i'll be buying next year, well... because aesthetics.

Not really "techy" but got a Moka pot and a french press from Germany, so i can escape the instant coffee menace :D
aUmc1ri.jpg

Haha, I have the same moka pot but the brown one from CCD. They have a n new SS moka pot up for sale which can make around 450 ml coffee..... but I am more interested int heir milk steamer. good buy for 1.9k.

Back