The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Strontium 32gb usb otg is here.....very quick delivery by hs18

uploadfromtaptalk1405063993422.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405064010468.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405064024678.jpg

Been a long time.
Using Prime is much different than zoom. Good framing is so essential. Should be a good learning curve. Only drawback is this doesn't has VR. Loving it so far though ! :)

Congrats mate.... I too wanted a 35mm prime but in Canon its not cheap so went for the plastic nifty fifty... :)
For a 35/50mm prime once you start using it you will find that manual focusing is faster and more preferred and since this is a very fast lens you wont miss VR outdoors....

A 40mm STM is available in Canon but on comparison with 50mm 1.8 it seems that the 40mm compresses the background. I am happy with the 50mm. I am sure you will enjoy your 35mm.

Congrats mate.... I too wanted a 35mm prime but in Canon its not cheap so went for the plastic nifty fifty... :)
For a 35/50mm prime once you start using it you will find that manual focusing is faster and more preferred and since this is a very fast lens you wont miss VR outdoors....
A 40mm STM is available in Canon but on comparison with 50mm 1.8 it seems that the 40mm compresses the background. I am happy with the 50mm. I am sure you will enjoy your 35mm.
Thanks Ravi.
I think it's alright to say that many peeps were surprised when Nikon launched this prime. Cheap, fast and specially for DX lenses. Also got it for 6.7k (vs ~9k for which it goes generally. Amazon India offer via some seller selling only 2-3 pieces). Had a bit of a trouble using it indoors due to no VR, but quickly got used to it. Plus since it opens upto 1.8, can use high shutter speeds. Overall, very impressive for it's price. And sharp ! :joyful:[DOUBLEPOST=1405257661][/DOUBLEPOST]Bit of a late update.

4CKsH2l.jpg

nMrrNp3.jpg

NioCMuK.jpg

ENd00UI.jpg

3 HDMI ports at the back (not in picture).

32 inches. 16k only. :p

Last edited:
@alekhkhanna how is the picture quality bro ? post some screenshots too with the tv on :D
Aslo does it play all formats ?
Have played MKV and MP4 so far. No hiccups. VQ is very good. Obviously HD content looks good, but it's currently attached to a SD DTH box. Will upgrade soon. Audio is surprisingly loud. Thin bezel. Only gripe is the VU logo. Looks fugly. But I'm not complaining for 16k !

From where did you get it and how are the viewing angles i heard that the colours are too bad if you watch the tv from different angle
Ebay. VU sells it directly.
Didn't have any viewing angle problems. But then I haven't used it much. Mounted in parent's room.[DOUBLEPOST=1405318923][/DOUBLEPOST]Just an update: Got a call 2nd time this week to ask how was the experience with the installation. I complained when their engineer did not turn up on the specified day. Mumbai HQ is pretty good in terms of CS.

Last edited:
Ebay. VU sells it directly.
Didn't have any viewing angle problems. But then I haven't used it much. Mounted in parent's room.[DOUBLEPOST=1405318923][/DOUBLEPOST]Just an update: Got a call 2nd time this week to ask how was the experience with the installation. I complained when their engineer did not turn up on the specified day. Mumbai HQ is pretty good in terms of CS.
What's the model number and is it FHD?

Back