The "Everyday" show-off thread !

BTW there isn't any mention of protection against voltage spikes in the product description.
Surge protection is always about protection from high current surges. Check out Honeywell Platinum products as well. They are saying that they are providing MOV technology, which is a somewhat better method of protection. Of course, for any of these surge protectors to work, you must have a functional earth connection.

That's the product, the higher socket ones appear to be sold out.
1634965751908.png

These were cheaper last year.

You're too lazy dude, I almost finished mine in two months. Thanks to these RMA and returns.
Also finished that came with noctua D15 cromax :D

View attachment 117938
I also bought MX5 but last time I bought NT H1 from prime for Rs.499 only.
Been using the stock Wraith Prism AM4 cooler which came with its TIM pre applied. So not yet tested the MX5 until now.

Last time I used the NT H1 I bent some pins on my 3600 and my heart sank while it refused to take 2 RAM sticks I tried several combinations and later I saw in AMD forum about bent pin episodes not accepting RAM

So saw 4 pics which got bent due to excess TIM which made the Corsair H45 heatsink to stick and I used some considerable force to untangle it which caused some bent pins.

And I exchanged that H45 for a stock Wraith Prism from a kind member here in this forum and until now after I unbent the respective pins no problems what so ever.

And I recommend only to use Asus, Asrock and Gigabyte boards and stay away from MSI boards.

I used isopropyl alchohol or rubbing alcohol or sanitizer to clean the heatsink off its TIM.

Just follow the Linus Tech Tips video on best types of cleaning solvents to use for cleaning off TIM.

PS: Don't try to put too much TIM. Just a pea size is enough lest these new AM4 chip heatsinks are getting stuck to the processors as I never noticed such happenings regarding any Intel chips until now.

Last edited:
I also bought MX5 but last time I bought NT H1 from prime for Rs.499 only.
Been using the stock Wraith Prism AM4 cooler which came with its TIM pre applied. So not yet tested the MX5 until now.
I got mine for Rs.899 from Amazon. These two are top brands both perform similar but I feel Arctic Mx5 is slightly better than Noctua.
It has slightly thin texture than Noctua looks like pepsodent tooth paste, it came with a little spatula to apply evenly which was a better experience.

I got mine for Rs.899 from Amazon. These two are top brands both perform similar but I feel Arctic Mx5 is slightly better than Noctua.
It has slightly thin texture than Noctua looks like pepsodent tooth paste, it came with a little spatula to apply evenly which was a better experience.
Arctic MX5 and Noctua NT H1 are like Maruti quality TIM'S while Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut & Conductonaut are the Benz quality in TIM'S.

AM4 chip heatsinks are getting stuck to the processors as I never noticed such happenings regarding any Intel chips until now.
Happened to me too with stock thermal paste, I pulled the heatsink and the processor came out with it. Took considerable force to get the processor off the heatsink. Luckily no damage was done but I learned my lesson that day, if your heatsink is stuck to the processor just run a stress test for 15 min and it should come apart easily.
You're too lazy dude, I almost finished mine in two months. Thanks to these RMA and returns.
Also finished that came with noctua D15 cromax
You must be using those giant threadrippers dude, I was mainly using it for laptops and GPUs which require very little amount.

Happened to me too with stock thermal paste, I pulled the heatsink and the processor came out with it. Took considerable force to get the processor off the heatsink. Luckily no damage was done but I learned my lesson that day, if your heatsink is stuck to the processor just run a stress test for 15 min and it should come apart easily.

You must be using those giant threadrippers dude, I was mainly using it for laptops and GPUs which require very little amount.
lol, I just used it for my 4650G but installed it like 4-5 times on different boards.

For laptops MX5 is not good at all and in other hand Kryonaut performs much better. I used both myself so I know.
I tried to use NT H1 on my MSI laptop since it was heating too much on its left side but I lost few of its screws and my laptop also does not have proper warranty so got worried to let any PC Repair man to touch it.

BTW there isn't any mention of protection against voltage spikes in the product description.

I have a few of these, they've really good build quality but they're not Surge Protectors. They all have just a basic 10A resettable fuse. The fuse protects against devices from shorting out and drawing high current, but it doesn't suppress against high voltage spikes. So I've paired each one of these with a GM single socket surge protector:

I'm using 4650G

I haven't seen anyone other than myself give storage such a high priority in a build. I used to spend hours at storagereview.com daydreaming about elaborate multi-tiered storage setups with 15K and 10k SCSI disks in a double-wide workstation case back when I was still in college. And now we have infinitely faster/better technology with NVMe m.2 drives, ha!

Thanks for sharing your (nightmarish) experience with current MSI boards. I had been considering an X570 Unify for my next workstation, but now it'll be one of the Aorus models.

I am more focused on apps load times, processing power may be a slow but programs or files should load as fast as possible. It's not a night and day difference but certainly faster.
If we use sata HDD's or other sata devices like dvd writer along with nvme m.2 as primary drive, boot time is comparatively slow when using only NVME. I've observed it myself no matter what the experts say.
Everything worked as expected for this Aorus Master, Not a bug but only feature I am missing here is the debug LED on MSI board which shows CPU temp after post, wonder why gigabyte can't program their BIOS. after Post it sets at code 9E which is reserved.
Other minor flaw is - Just to maintain looks gigabyte implemented a single piece heatsink for all 3 extra m.2 slots, so to remove one stick we need to unscrew it all and remove GPU and other Pcie cards installed.
I am a Asus fanboi and this is the first time in last 20 years I tried MSI & GIGABYTE.

Back