The "Everyday" show-off thread !

No. It makes wheeeee kind of sound due to belt drive system. It is so unique that you have instantly recognize an ather scooter approaching even when you are not watching the road.

Does it make enough sound to indicate its presence?
I hope one day it will be as recognizable as the pulsar's engine sound.

Does it make enough sound to indicate its presence?
I hope one day it will be as recognizable as the pulsar's engine sound.
Due to the inherent silence of EVs, there even are regulations in place that they must have additional devices (read speakers) to make some sound to alert pedestrians and other road users of their presence. These are called Acoustic Vehicle Alerting Systems. Not sure if these are a thing in Desh yet..

If an electric vehicle can't be completely or as close to silent as possible, then that is a disappointment for me. I am guessing it is easier for cars to feel more silent, than 2 wheelers.

If an electric vehicle can't be completely or as close to silent as possible, then that is a disappointment for me. I am guessing it is easier for cars to feel more silent, than 2 wheelers.
That is not allowed IMO. From a safety standpoint, someone with visual disability will never know when electric vehicle approaches. It is safer to have some kind of sound coming from EV for pedestrians to know that a vehicle is approaching.

That is not allowed IMO. From a safety standpoint, someone with visual disability will never know when electric vehicle approaches. It is safer to have some kind of sound coming from EV for pedestrians to know that a vehicle is approaching.
Only in India. I mean pedestrians are not suppose to walk on the road, they have footpath for that. Ask Salman Khan he would give you the same argument.

Someone with visual disability should not be out on the road without there being sufficient suitable infrastructure in place for them to not have to rely on auditory inputs. But I get your point. In India, even people without disabilities can just run in front of your cars, so maybe it is a good thing. Just that I hate engine and road noises and one of the allures of an EV for me is a silent ride.

Only in India. I mean pedestrians are not suppose to walk on the road, they have footpath for that. Ask Salman Khan he would give you the same argument.
This is not my personal opinion. Majority of developed countries have rules/policy where minimum noise must be generated by EV when it is traveling at specific speed. This includes hybrid vehicle as well when it is running on battery power. For example, UK policy expects 56dB low frequency sound generated by the EV to warn pedestrians, especially those with disabilities. Once it hits certain speed, artificial noise is removed. Two years ago EU had made this mandatory and is made mandatory in USA as well. You can search for AVAS. In India where footpaths are liberally used by shop owners and construction builders, this is very much required.

Coming to ather, the sound from Ather 450 models is not artificial. It is the sound that is coming from engine and belt drive system. There is no way to control level of sound. It is unique, it is not like those irritating sounds from ICE scooters. We love that sound, especially when we accelerate in warp mode. Where is the fun if it is too quite? It would be like playing a PC game on mute.
I have created a new AMA thread on EVs (two wheeler only). We can discuss over here:

Last edited:
6DDFE508-6430-40EE-A6FC-776CDE8E5910.jpeg
image.jpg

Finally got this master stroke. An over kill, but with c3 review suggested some issues so got this instead :confused: only if I would have bought this in black for Friday, I would have saved around 600 bucks. Well god had another plans I suppose :angelic:

Last edited:
No. It makes wheeeee kind of sound due to belt drive system. It is so unique that you have instantly recognize an ather scooter approaching even when you are not watching the road.

Well as long as it doesn't overpower entirely the ambient sound of the place I'm traveling in, that's all I'm looking for. Hopefully its a huge leap from a combustion engine's noise. Congrats on the purchase!

Well as long as it doesn't overpower entirely the ambient sound of the place I'm traveling in, that's all I'm looking for. Hopefully its a huge leap from a combustion engine's noise. Congrats on the purchase!
It makes a lot of noise and there are vibrations that can be felt on the floorboard by the rider. Especially if you go above 40kmph then the motor fan kicks in and it is very loud, especially if you are in a quiet place.
Still an upgrade over petrol scooters though.

It makes a lot of noise and there are vibrations that can be felt on the floorboard by the rider. Especially if you go above 40kmph then the motor fan kicks in and it is very loud, especially if you are in a quiet place.
Still an upgrade over petrol scooters though.
I see. I hope these are solvable problems that we get around to fixing eventually.

8A884296-30CC-4003-B84B-118377E39F8D.jpeg
2E3B2422-9E10-4B3D-9489-AE2E15351EF5.jpeg
59B24289-0C9B-4B57-A5DC-880CDA77B94B.jpeg

Got myself another monitor arm. Was going to use it for my 32inch monitor but ended using it with 27inch one. Both monitor arms are in their own league. Still 3.7k or so it’s a better deal.
The Thin one the current buy. Thick one is from Rife and costed around 9k+ shipped. so quite a difference in the price and quality. also please don't complaint about the mess on my table :p was working on something so all the mess :angelic:

Last edited:
Back