The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Because my old Bosch washing machine gave up... got me a Sammy Washer + Drier!

IMG_20240904_143722.jpg

IMG_20240904_172329.jpg

^^ Samsung Smart Things App integrated with the machine (running on iPad).

Model: Samsung WW90T504DAN1TL (Inox).

Moved to FF from my A6100.
Sony A7C - for smallest Sony FF body
Sony FE 85mm F1.8 - for portraits and replaces my Sigma 56mm F1.4 from APSC setup
Sony FE 28-60/4-5.6 - for other general usage. it covers roughly same focal length as that of my Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 from APSC setup except it is 40mm equivalent on tele end and variable aperture

IMG_8717.jpeg

You're on a shopping spree! :woot:

Now no more monies so no more shopping :p

The washing machine purchase was not even planned and just suddenly became a need of the hour! My Bosch decided to breathe it's last suddenly after 9 years of use and after an inspection by the Bosch repair guy (who came 8 days after placing a request for a Technician at Bosch) said that it needed a full drum change and that wasn't going to be possible because my machine was old and drums for older models are not available anymore. This lead to me browsing washing machines and I ended up liking 2 of them. Went overboard as I also decided to change my other older Whirlpool machine in my other house. In the middle of the night ordered 2 washing machines... Life is one crazy journey! :grimacing:

1000077324 (1).jpg

I got this neat little Trackpad+KB for my dad as he migrated to a POCO Pad for his work from a laptop.
I was eyeing the logitech one for a long time but the Bluetooth variant was way too expensive for what it does, so went with this Ant E-sports one. Works pretty well on both BT and the provided USB dongle. It's pretty lightweight and has no noticeable flex on the plastic body.

Had to share this as well, my first-ever Kindle. As a person who reads a lot of comics, mangas, and ebooks (primarily on PC & Android), this was a much-needed purchase I put off for too long. Finally got a great condition Kindle Paperwhite from the classified by @rahuljawale
All set up and ready to go!

1000077350.jpg

Last edited:
When an acquaintance in Japan asked me for one thing to bring back, I chose the worst selling Nintendo console in history. ;)

Apart from the NES/SNES knock-offs when growing up, I have always been a PC gamer, so this happens to be my first, first-party console. Picked up a WiiMotion Plus controller as well specifically for Wii and overall cost was around JPY 10000. Seems the console was hardly used as everything is in top-top condition., though I taped off the disc opening as everything is running off the SD card.

Wii U.jpg

Homebrewing was fun, especially converting it from Japan to North America region and also unlocking Gamecube support on vWii so that it natively supports the first 3 Nintendo consoles from the 21st century. The rest can be managed through Retroarch as the Virtual Console is a bit iffy, with only N64 support being limited.

Also, to close the loop, Switch on Wii U gamepad through Moonlight.

Moonlight.jpg

Back