The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Got the x540-t2 10g ethernet adapter I ordered off of ebay, connected to my pc (which already has a 10g aquantia onboard nic) over cat6, getting 9.4gbps in direct (peer to peer) iperf test without tweaking with any config. Was pretty cheap too, 30usd, no import duty. Seeing that it has active cooling, hopefully it'll last.

Attachments

• 20240810_144250.jpg
    20240810_144250.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 84
  • SmartSelect_20240810_154850_WhatsApp.png
    SmartSelect_20240810_154850_WhatsApp.png
    437.9 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Toys like Hotwheels were a luxury for me while growing up. Well, I'm all grown up now (open to debate :p) and can make my own decisions XD

While the quality of today's standard Hotwheels models has definitely gone down compared to a decade or 15 years ago, well, the heart wants what the heart wants :)
I gifted a few hotwheels cars tosome of my relatives' kids. They aren't very impressed, and I too was surprised how normal 10,20 rupees cars look almost identical to hotwheels today.
Either hotwheels quality is compromised or the cheapers ones are being well made. Or else hotwheels guys might be ordering from these cheaper companies and rebadging them? No idea.

The only type of hotwheels those kids were really excited were those color changing hotwheels cars.

Got the x540-t2 10g ethernet adapter I ordered off of ebay, connected to my pc (which already has a 10g aquantia onboard nic) over cat6, getting 9.4gbps in direct (peer to peer) iperf test without tweaking with any config. Was pretty cheap too, 30usd, no import duty. Seeing that it has active cooling, hopefully it'll last.

got a link to the place you ordered it from?

How were you able to order from a chinese seller at ebay? Just placed the order and wait ? time taken and customs charges ?

How were you able to order from a chinese seller at ebay? Just placed the order and wait ? time taken and customs charges ?

Yes you can. I bought an ITX motherboard for cheap for an upcoming NAS build.

Couple of things you need to clarify before placing an order is (a) do they ship to india? I was refunded on couple of orders due to restriction their shipper may have and you may lose on forex charges. (b) Can we choose or provide a list of shippers (traceable/non traceable/cheaper option)

Onward with shipping, I did not ask the name of the provider and my board was shipped via DHL. While its a reputed brand and I got the board within 4 days! They slap massive charges that includes Custom Duties + IGST +SW Surcharge (no idea about this) + Disbursement fee + CGST and SGST @ 9% which added another 25% (rough ballpark) on top of the price.

And now, the board in question. It was new in retail packaging along with accessories and manual.

1723997323724.png

Back