The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Nope, the roads here require an all-terrain bike. so it will be a mixture of both tarmac and.....

Just casual cycling, so doesn't really matter. Moreover, my budget was ~4K. :p

It was this, or the Ultima DX / AXN DX 6SP.

No intention of crapping your buy, but just felt like reiterating what Appo was saying..

Simply put, a cheap full suspension bike is going to be wasting money on the wrong components.

Got my Clip+ via KMD. :eek:hyeah:

Sorry for the bad quality picture.

image493z.jpg

stalker said:
No intention of crapping your buy, but just felt like reiterating what Appo was saying..

Simply put, a cheap full suspension bike is going to be wasting money on the wrong components.

Relax, you guys. :p

Are you telling me, people all over the country are buying bikes starting upwards of 7K, for day-to-day, basic usage?

In fact, most geared bikes in this price range have a rear suspension and *knobby* tyres. The slightly heavier Ultima DX 6SP seems to be the most popular option.

I understand what you are trying to convey and where you are going with this, but not everyone is ready to spend a fortune on a bi-cycle, atleast not here nor for the intended purposes.

What's done is done, not like the shopkeeper is going to take it back!? :)

^You must be having some guts to ride the cycle in Chennai (you are in chennai right ?) :p unless you are planning to riding it early morning. Anyways congrats :D

As for my update, bought the MSI X340 a week back. A little more than a netbook minus battery life :p

^You must be having some guts to ride the cycle in Chennai (you are in chennai right ?) :p unless you are planning to riding it early morning. Anyways congrats :D

As for my update, bought the MSI X340 a week back. A little more than a netbook minus battery life :p

Saiyan said:

Err...why so? The streets are close to empty after 10AM and the sunlight (which I never get enough of) / heat isn't too bad.

Thanks though.

apollyon said:
Nice to see people switching over to human powered vehicles :p

seriously though TTM, rear shocks + knobby tires on tarmac is a strict no no, imho the hercules 110S @ 7k would have been a better buy?

stalker said:

Never thought I'd say this but...THANK YOU FOR YOUR MOTIVATIONALLY DIRECTED CRITICISM ! :hap2:

The *hurricane* has passed and I'm a whole lot happier now! :eek:hyeah: ;)

thetoxicmind said:
Never thought I'd say this but...THANK YOU FOR YOUR MOTIVATIONALLY DIRECTED CRITICISM ! :hap2:

The *hurricane* has passed and I'm a whole lot happier now! :eek:hyeah: ;)

erm :S
Did you manage to swap it for something better suited to commuting?

stalker said:
erm :S
Did you manage to swap it for something better suited to commuting?

Indeed. :eek:hyeah:
It meets all my requirements with ease, although I had to shell out 8.3K for it. :)

Also noticed a significant difference, compared to the hurricane.

Special thanks to the folks at bikeszone.com

thetoxicmind said:
Indeed. :eek:hyeah:
It meets all my requirements with ease, although I had to shell out 8.3K for it. :)

Also noticed a significant difference, compared to the hurricane.

Special thanks to the folks at bikeszone.com

wtf :S
Post pics! :mad:
Details :p

SunnyBoi said:
Not a purchase but a reason for celebration :D and this is something to show off :p

Crazy times are back :hap2::hap2:

wtf

Post pics!

Details

yep, will post them real soon.

till then, this should keep you guessing...

Aluminium alloy frame, 7X3 Shimano Tourney gear system, Alloy rims, Adjustable handle bar & seat, Radical fenders, Matt blue (with black) paint job... ;)

and this is something to show off

Hell yeah! :eek:hyeah:

lucky bugger.

Back