The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Got a basic point-n-shoot for mum-dad.

WP_20131010_18_20_49_Pro.jpg

WP_20131010_18_14_22_Pro.jpg WP_20131010_18_14_54_Pro.jpg WP_20131010_18_15_42_Pro.jpg WP_20131010_18_16_33_Pro.jpg

They are headed to Varanasi and Kanpur for a short trip to relive the moments from their past. Dad started his career at Kanpur as a bachelor during 1969 working for SBI and took mom along after their marriage at 1977. She joined another SBI branch there. The two had relocated to Kanpur later before shifting to Coimbatore where I was born. The two oldies still struggle to cope up with some of the electronics; mum especially so I chose to gift them a simple P&S which is easy to handle and operate. Cost me Rs. 4265 from Flipkart. Very good cam for this price I’d say - clicks good snaps in daylight and okay’ish ones in the dark. Comes with a Li-ion battery, charger and a USB cable. A 4 GB SD card and pouch were also bundled.

WP_20131010_19_00_20_Pro.jpg

Got this Energizer LED light for the boot space of my car. Uses 3 AA cells (Energizer cells bundled) and the LEDs are very powerful. It has a magnetic attachment at the back and the whole light is enclosed in a rubber shell to protect it from damages. Cost me Rs. 1447 through Amazon Global. A bit expensive after shipping, handling and customs charges but well worth it IMO.

Got this Energizer LED light for the boot space of my car. Uses 3 AA cells (Energizer cells bundled) and the LEDs are very powerful. It has a magnetic attachment at the back and the whole light is enclosed in a rubber shell to protect it from damages. Cost me Rs. 1447 through Amazon Global. A bit expensive after shipping, handling and customs charges but well worth it IMO.

thats for the TSI?? no boot lights? :( ????

This arrived sometime back! So Snapdeal also delivers on Sundays. Good job guys. The best part - they stuck to their old pricing of 3k when the distris. Milestone Interactive had jacked it up to 3.5k! I am seriously impressed. Not one deal from Snapdeal has gone bad so far!

WP_20131013_16_27_14_Pro.jpg

Will fire it up after washing the car and keeping it for puja sakes. :p

^^ Grats. Mini review please. :cat:

Will try to post some benchmarks if I get time to install it this week.

@^^ Nice. Damages please? And any reasons why you went with this rather than the Pro? Or any other brand for that matter?

Paid about $175 on Amazon. Went with this because I really didn't think I would notice the difference between evo and pro (which was $40 more) in day to day use.

Replaced the analog sticks of the dualshock 3 controller. 4 years on, the analog sticks became gluey emanating some weird nasty sticky thing. Ordered a set of replacement sticks from Dealextreme, referred the iFixit guide and replaced them. It took me an hour but well worth it. The best part is even after 4 years and so many titles, the battery hasn't died on me yet! :D

Before:

IMG_3116.JPG

The replacement analog sticks:

IMG_3122.JPG

After:

IMG_3128.JPG

The bloody culprits:

IMG_3141.JPG

Just be careful when opening the back of the controller after unscrewing it. You have to pry it open and carefully remove it. When I did it, the trigger buttons came off and I had a hard time refixing it. iFixit's guide came in very handy!

Back