The "Everyday" show-off thread !

My six year old F&D E200 sound bar died so today I spent about Rs 150 in parts to refurbish it with a PAM8403 based amplifier, panel mount sockets for power and audio, and pink leds for the illuminated ring around the volume control. Photos were taken with a sixteen year old Nikon D200. It was a very therapeutic way to spend a few hours.

Can't believe these are from a 16 y.o. camera. Good work!

I see an old school music system (not as old as mine) on one of the stools. Which one is it and is it still functional? And since I don't see any speakers, but a keyboard next to it, what are you using it for?
Ah yes, the Samsung MAX-VS530.
It is almost 2 decades old now - bought in 2002 and still mostly functional! I have the AM Radio Antenna as well (not sure what happened to the FM antenna tho). It is connected via Aux to a Logitech Bluetooth Receiver, but I still used to play CDs on it (and still have a bunch of them along with cassettes) till 2017 or so. It can no longer play CDs reliably tho; not sure what the issue is - maybe the laser just needs to be cleaned, but more than happy with the SQ over bluetooth and aux anyway. Cassettes still work well, and so does the radio :p
Speakers are connected (via the dangling wires in the pic) on the vertices of the room on the wall (yes not the most optimal setting for sq I know), and sounds just as good as ever!

Last edited:
The flowers and peda offered are the part of the Vishwakarma puja proceedings; we don't have an idol/picture of the deity in our home.

Gotta keep the internet gods happy one way or the other, very important especially in these wfh times [emoji14]

But the bed isn't really used so it's mostly cluttered with stuff anyway XD
I do Ayudha Puja every year during our Vijayadasami Festival for my PC.( ie. Depawali Festival)
Because my mom says my PC is my instrument of expression whether it is used by my kid, wifey or me
For Gaming, Browsing,
Study from home, Work from home etc tasks
That's why...

Ah yes, the Samsung MAX-VS530.
It is almost 2 decades old now - bought in 2002 and still mostly functional! I have the AM Radio Antenna as well (not sure what happened to the FM antenna tho). It is connected via Aux to a Logitech Bluetooth Receiver, but I still used to play CDs on it (and still have a bunch of them along with cassettes) till 2017 or so. It can no longer play CDs reliably tho; not sure what the issue is - maybe the laser just needs to be cleaned, but more than happy with the SQ over bluetooth and aux anyway. Cassettes still work well, and so does the radio [emoji14]
Speakers are connected (via the dangling wires in the pic) on the vertices of the room on the wall (yes not the most optimal setting for sq I know), and sounds just as good as ever!
Nice man. I have a 97 Sony system which needs repair or cleaning for both CD and cassette player parts. Also have hundred of cassettes with me. Earlier plan was to bypass the system completely and just get a cheap amp/player with bluetooth to drive the speakers that came with the system. But everything has been on hold as can't find time to get anything done.

Final gravel/decor theme.

Final.jpg

1.03 L
Just tinkering around for the time being, will put it to good use on an upcoming trip.
Has the cost gone up? I think it was for around 82-85k not too long ago?

Edit: Ah you have the 18-135mm lens! probably that's why. though i thought it would a touch under 1L still

Back