The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Just got delivered

2B6D4F55-A4B1-45DF-91C8-EB16982F1D07.jpeg
BC95D454-0574-419A-B3C4-63212CB817CD.jpeg

I've been pretty happy with my Havit keyboard with blue switches (it's my first) but I've been meaning to explore more of the mechanical keyboard world and experience firsthand what distinguishes different kinds of switches, so I picked up a bunch of sample switches from GenesisPC:

photo_2021-11-22 21.10.40.jpeg

Top is Durock stuff, bottom left are Gaterons, bottom right are Tecsee and in the center are Huano. Except now I don't care anymore.

It's because I quickly realized that I can barely tell them apart! That was hilarious. I can tell the difference between actuation force and that I don't prefer switches with heavier actuation force.

These are almost all Linear or Tactile and now I know for sure that I don't prefer linear or tactile switches. At all. Maybe it's because I'm in a super noisy environment (I moved my computing activities out of the bedroom years ago, the bedroom is a computer-free zone), so silent keyboards don't appeal to me.

I like super clicky ones and the Gateron Green was easily my favourite, with the Gateron Blues being my second favourite of this bunch.

So I haven't been missing much, I guess. Some of the Tecsee ones are really pretty, like the Ruby and Sapphire:

photo_2021-11-22 21.10.43.jpeg

photo_2021-11-22 21.10.46.jpeg

The entire set was about 1800 so that's a bit of a bite (and a cat probably stole the Tecsee metal switch).

I'll probably end up using these as power switches or something in electronics projects.

I've been pretty happy with my Havit keyboard with blue switches (it's my first) but I've been meaning to explore more of the mechanical keyboard world and experience firsthand what distinguishes different kinds of switches, so I picked up a bunch of sample switches from GenesisPC:

View attachment 120587

Top is Durock stuff, bottom left are Gaterons, bottom right are Tecsee and in the center are Huano. Except now I don't care anymore.

It's because I quickly realized that I can barely tell them apart! That was hilarious. I can tell the difference between actuation force and that I don't prefer switches with heavier actuation force.

These are almost all Linear or Tactile and now I know for sure that I don't prefer linear or tactile switches. At all. Maybe it's because I'm in a super noisy environment (I moved my computing activities out of the bedroom years ago, the bedroom is a computer-free zone), so silent keyboards don't appeal to me.

I like super clicky ones and the Gateron Green was easily my favourite, with the Gateron Blues being my second favourite of this bunch.

So I haven't been missing much, I guess. Some of the Tecsee ones are really pretty, like the Ruby and Sapphire:

View attachment 120588

View attachment 120589

The entire set was about 1800 so that's a bit of a bite (and a cat probably stole the Tecsee metal switch).

I'll probably end up using these as power switches or something in electronics projects.
please give links where you got this

You should try out Kailh Box Clicky switches, White Pink and Jades. I have the Whites and Jades, they're really a class above the usual cherry/gateron offerings when it comes to clicky switches!

View attachment 120587

View attachment 120588

View attachment 120589

Probably we can contribute and take the kit off your hands, and let it rotate between contributing members so we can see which key works and which doesn't work for that individual. Rather than getting a set of sample switches for each one of us. The power of many working for eachother.

Back