The "Everyday" show-off thread !

why you giving information in EMIs ?

give model & damage information. I'm hunting for the alpha, jumping ship from canon sooner.
EMI's :woot:

Sony Models are hard to come by now a days. In full frame you have A73, A7C, A74, A7R3, A7R4, A7s3. For APSC cameras from Sony. you need to be extra lucky or wait for 4 to 6 week after paying advance and still no guarantee on the order delivery.

I would suggest to either get the A7C or even A73 if 30 min record limit is not an issue for you. A74 gets warmer so might not be everyone cup of tea.

Now to story,
Yesterday and day before yesterday I started getting singles from universe that the A74 is in stock. Did some R&D on stores and when I will get in hand.
I got the A74 + kit lens @ ₹ 2.4L was not able to get the A7C which I was planing to as A74 is an overkill for me. But waiting and waiting was killing the mood. This is my first camera in any genre. so I bought it with kit lens. body was available for around ₹2.2L . After placing the order, what a luck that I even got a call from order dealer saying A7C was in stock and can be ordered. But I was like, let it be now. A74 = 10bit 4:2:2 and 33 mp sense will not go to waste ;)

I would have normally spend more on the Sony website for this model which is ₹2.43L. If to visit Ford Mumbai, it would have costed me ₹4.5K for the travel.
With gods grace, I was in contact with few stores and one of then also started showing one piece online available. I asked them for what will be the final price and they said ₹2.4L so I said OK. could have bargain but I am really bad at it :p

After payment I casually asked them about estimation for the delivery time. in mean while I had already shared my shipping address. He saw it, and told in evening. I am like How ? he said, one of their store member is traveling to the next city for marriage. I am like WOW! no problem for me to visit the next City (railway station), 20 mins from my place. And Like this on a wimp I though + paid and got the camera on the same day :)

EMI's :woot:

Sony Models are hard to come by now a days. In full frame you have A73, A7C, A74, A7R3, A7R4, A7s3. For APSC cameras from Sony. you need to be extra lucky or wait for 4 to 6 week after paying advance and still no guarantee on the order delivery.

I would suggest to either get the A7C or even A73 if 30 min record limit is not an issue for you. A74 gets warmer so might not be everyone cup of tea.

Now to story,
Yesterday and day before yesterday I started getting singles from universe that the A74 is in stock. Did some R&D on stores and when I will get in hand.
I got the A74 + kit lens @ ₹ 2.4L was not able to get the A7C which I was planing to as A74 is an overkill for me. But waiting and waiting was killing the mood. This is my first camera in any genre. so I bought it with kit lens. body was available for around ₹2.2L . After placing the order, what a luck that I even got a call from order dealer saying A7C was in stock and can be ordered. But I was like, let it be now. A74 = 10bit 4:2:2 and 33 mp sense will not go to waste ;)

I would have normally spend more on the Sony website for this model which is ₹2.43L. If to visit Ford Mumbai, it would have costed me ₹4.5K for the travel.
With gods grace, I was in contact with few stores and one of then also started showing one piece online available. I asked them for what will be the final price and they said ₹2.4L so I said OK. could have bargain but I am really bad at it :p

After payment I casually asked them about estimation for the delivery time. in mean while I had already shared my shipping address. He saw it, and told in evening. I am like How ? he said, one of their store member is traveling to the next city for marriage. I am like WOW! no problem for me to visit the next City (railway station), 20 mins from my place. And Like this on a wimp I though + paid and got the camera on the same day :)

Super. You got pretty lucky with availability. Honestly though that kit lens is meh. Like not worth the price, if you had looked around you can get a used one for 12.5 approx easy. Now, having said that go enjoy, Also AFAIK, the overheating is only in certain modes (Bitrate/Format). Which you don't have to worry about too much.

post full spec of rig please.
1 marks extra for the viewsonic monitor :)
It's an hp elitedesk 705 g4. Bought it as a refurb unit for 14.x K
Ryzen 3 pro 2200GE (35w TDP chip)
Samsung PM981 nvme 512 GB SSD bought from te used
Kingston Fury 2*8GB 2666 laptop ram - bought from Amazon
Original 500GB hdd
2 years extended warranty for 6K from HP (it was still in warranty when i got it)
Dongles for bt and AC 1200 wifi (bt from Amazon, wifi from here) - stock was a HP USB n dongle instead of the internal one this should have had. Was missing the antennas so didn't buy the m2 card

Super. You got pretty lucky with availability. Honestly though that kit lens is meh. Like not worth the price, if you had looked around you can get a used one for 12.5 approx easy. Now, having said that go enjoy, Also AFAIK, the overheating is only in certain modes (Bitrate/Format). Which you don't have to worry about too much.
Where I stay, its hard to scope out for a lens market. as I said. traveling to Mumbai would have costed me a lot. this kit lens is not that bad for normal use case so went with it. now planning to get a 35mm f1.4 prime and something that can shoot the sky like a champ in near future :angelic:

Where I stay, its hard to scope out for a lens market. as I said. traveling to Mumbai would have costed me a lot. this kit lens is not that bad for normal use case so went with it. now planning to get a 35mm f1.4 prime and something that can shoot the sky like a champ in near future :angelic:

Check out the Samyang 35 1.8 and 24 1.8. The new AF series. Superb lenses for the money. A 35 1.4 GM will cost you 5x more.

I've also got a Samyang 24 2.8 which doesn't get used anymore except for on Gimbals and am probably going to list it on the market. (Had on JJM)

Check out the Samyang 35 1.8 and 24 1.8. The new AF series. Superb lenses for the money. A 35 1.4 GM will cost you 5x more.

I've also got a Samyang 24 2.8 which doesn't get used anymore except for on Gimbals and am probably going to list it on the market. (Had on JJM)
When apsc was on my mind. I was looking for a sigma 30 mm f 1.4 lens. primarily to be used for webcam lens or recording lens. will check out the Samyang 35 1.8 :) was doing the comparison of sigma 35mm f 1.4 and sony 35mm 1.4 yesterday. only difference is sigma is slow in AF. else same quality for half the price.

Sony Models are hard to come by now a days.
why so.. the chip shortage ?
looking at the full frame... would my first mirrorless as well. Sony models naming are super super confusing, R/S/A - super confusing :(
im still confused with go with sony or cannon nirrorless, with canon we can use all my existing lenses. but whoever i have asked, majority pointing towards sony & not cannon.
~2.5 is by budget as well, not much into video- but good to have. want little future proof.

you are in Mumbai - what about jjmenta... didn't they given you competitive pricing that you went through official website ?

looking at the full frame... would my first mirrorless as well. Sony models naming are super super confusing, R/S/A - super confusing :(
im still confused with go with sony or cannon nirrorless, with canon we can use all my existing lenses. but whoever i have asked, majority pointing towards sony & not cannon.
~2.5 is by budget as well, not much into video- but good to have. want little future proof.

you are in Mumbai - what about jjmenta... didn't they given you competitive pricing that you went through official website ?
for 2.5L a7iV hands down. but A7C is also good and you can save money and invest that in a lens. the body of a7c should cost around 1.45L to 1.64L. add a prime lens or a variable lens with F1.8 or F 1.4 and you are good to go.

jjmenta is expensive on website. but might sell you for less if you can call them. not everyone will reduce the price. Never went on it before. no experience on the same. I am not in Mumbai but near it. if you can visit the store then you can get a pretty good deal by bargain. Have seen a7iv for 2.13L for body and for with kit lens for around 2.36L. but as I was not going to travel as in the end it costed me same so went for the 2.4L deal.

My final mobile upgrade atleast for 2 yrs..
20220425_103207.jpg

Finally a replacement for my bike that was sold off a couple of years ago. Was very close to getting the Ather EV, had to scratch that off for many reasons.

This scooter is a blast to ride in cities, and can do decent speeds on highways. Stiff ride quality on the rough road is a story for another day.

IMG-5218.jpg

Finally a replacement for my bike that was sold off a couple of years ago. Was very close to getting the Ather EV, had to scratch that off for many reasons.

This scooter is a blast to ride in cities, and can do decent speeds on highways. Stiff ride quality on the rough road is a story for another day.
Very nice! How much did you spent in total and how's the riding experience?

There is nothing called 'out of stock' in auto industry. Only the most boring models will be available in days. 30 days is usual standard for new models and 60 days for high demand vehicles.

Did you try booking one ?
I tried booking one two months ago, this scooter was unavailable at that point of time and no dealer was taking bookings at all.

Did you try booking one ?
I tried booking one two months ago, this scooter was unavailable at that point of time and no dealer was taking bookings at all.
That only means that they are overbooked and they have halted bookings. ;)
Sidenote but what's the mousepad and its dimensions? Looks nice.

Back