The "Everyday" show-off thread !

Well,

IMG_3417.jpg

And I found Mad Max : Fury Road is the best movie to test drive Atmos. You need to have the UHD Atmos version though.
Mad Max has amazing sound, but the DA channels engage a lot less than one would think. Ive tested this my muting all ground channels (via my AVRs mobile app) and only playing the overhead ones. But perhaps this is more for our future DA specific thread. ;)

Let us know your thoughts. Content and source details. Perhaps we should start a Dolby Atmos thread.

PS if you like Formula 1, watch Drive to Survive on Netflix, it has amazing DA effects.

And I found Mad Max : Fury Road is the best movie to test drive Atmos. You need to have the UHD Atmos version though.
Not sure how effective heights channels will be compared to a AVR with dedicated speakers.

I am replacing 5.1 channels AVR+speakers with this soundbar. Not sure how much downgrade/upgrade it will be. Have tons of BR Discs with Dolby True HD / DTS-HD-MA which were too good in AVR setup but my AVR is not 4K, so needed to change.

Installation person is not coming today so thinking of unboxing it myself, there is hardly anything to install.

Last edited:
Not sure how effective heights channels will be compared to a AVR with dedicated speakers.
I would have preferred a DA HT setup with dedicated speakers if it weren't for constraints so got the Sony HT-Z9F with 2 rear speakers. Soundbars cannot match a dedicated speaker setup as they are really "simulating" the DA. Having said that when I watched Mad Max, the experience was eerily good, actually better than some of the puny multiplex screens.
Gravity is another great experience.

Last edited:
I kept a journal to determine the ghosting/failure rate. :D

Applying in linkedIn doesn't work for sure. Just one interview with a startUp I got. That's a total time waste. :( :p
I just use LinkedIn for networking. May be in future something big might happen :angelic:
F696FCBE-7058-47E9-993E-D5FCFD41D182.jpeg
Order yesterday evening, got the delivery today itself. Good experience while shopping at apple.com

Just keep in mind, their pin code database is screwed up. So confirm with with an custom quotation with their sales team where you can add more accurate address with landmark option.

Last edited:
Now that I decided to wait few more months for new GPU, decided to get the iPhone 13. Paid 66900, going to get a Cash back of 5%.
Planning to sell off my one plus 8 and Amaz for gtr2e to cover some of this expense.

Back to iOS after half a decade and no more non stop snooping of Google.
Absolutely in awe of FaceID. Did now know that it is this good. I don’t have to do any action to authenticate. It just happens.

image.jpg

I just use LinkedIn for networking. May be in future something big might happen :angelic:
View attachment 133358Order yesterday evening, got the delivery today itself. Good experience while shopping at apple.com

Just keep in mind, their pin code database is screwed up. So confirm with with an custom quotation with their sales team where you can add more accurate address with landmark option.
Damages?

Back