Audio The first pair of IEM's your bought??

FaH33m said:
^ The perfect jumps :D

Yeah :) every step was like 30-40 percent upgrade over the predecessor !! After the Hippo VB decision was much harder - there was no clear bass oriented upgrade to VB within even up to 250 USD . So just jumped to FX700 ! And I think I have made the right decision :)

^ Would love to try the FX700 someday . I just don't have the passion and moolah to pull he trigger on them . I am afraid they might not provide huge improvements over my TF10 and then I will have to think of selling either of my top-tiers which I can't :( .

FaH33m said:
^ Would love to try the FX700 someday . I just don't have the passion and moolah to pull he trigger on them . I am afraid they might not provide huge improvements over my TF10 and then I will have to think of selling either of my top-tiers which I can't :( .

you can come to Pune anytime :D

I think once we reach decent IEMs like TF10 there wont be any huge upgrade. All high end IEM sounds very good. Its all about sound signature preference IMO. Personally I love V shape sound signature and bass of dynamic driver over armature

Anshul said:
Finding it really hard to resist getting earsonics sm3 v2 as my first iem's :ashamed:

Then get it . I can tell you it's one of the best Ive ever heard in my life ;). Just make sure you get a good deal and don't over spend .:bleh:

FaH33m said:
Then get it . I can tell you it's one of the best Ive ever heard in my life ;). Just make sure you get a good deal and don't over spend .:bleh:

True.. if you dont get inflicted with upgraditis.. this would be the last IEM also.. provided you dont damage it ;)

ep630 - mylar x3 - klipsch s4.

i reviewed the first 2 here back in the day if anyone remembers :D

mukulymn said:
Hii thr...I am also in Pune....can we arrange a meet, i nvr heard fx700

sure :) in fact we can even arrange small G2G with other Pune members so than we can audition multiple IEMs/Headphones

FaH33m said:

Try them first. Speaking of FX700 and TF10, here's a view from Joker which I totally agree with -

Much as I like the GR07, I think the FX700 and EX1000 together would cover the spectrum for me. Except isolation, of course, as neither is very good at that.

I think the EX600 is at GR07 level in sound, though of course with the same usability quirks as the EX1000. Whether the jump from there to the EX1000 is worth it is up to you - diminishing returns are just a part of this hobby. The jump in quality you get by spending more once you get to that level can (subjectively) be sizable or insignificant. Unfortunately there is also the reverse effect of price on quality perception, as evidenced by the TF10.

For me, FX-700 and EX-1000 are a notch above the rest - may not be huge, but still a couple of good notches. So, all of you should head to Pune soon ;)

Apple iPod bundled earphones and then a creative ep630.
Thinking of buying a new one now :D
Cant decide between soundmagic pl21,pl30 or brainwavz m1...

My first IEM was PL-30 and I am still using it. I pair it with my Nokia 5800 XpressMusic phone. I think they sound really good but lately I have been a little dissatisfied with them. They kind of sound shallow sometimes and many times I have to reduce their volumes because they start hurting. But in some of the songs, especially with lots of instruments (excluding bassy ones) they really shine. Listening to Bollywood songs like "Hum dil de chuke sanam" is really amazing. The sound of each instrument rings in the ear and listening to them while relaxed feels like heaven. But with bass, they really seem to stumble. Sometimes it sounds like a tabla and sometimes it sounds too loose, like the drum can't stop vibrating, and that too out of tune. What you expect to be a dhummm becomes Dhuummmm....mmrrrr. I have just ordered myself the Sansa Clip zip via the ICCworld and I should hopefully get it in about a month. If I am still not satisfied with the sound quality, I will probably try to get either the M2 or the Xears TD-III v2

Back