The Fitness Thread !

When you lost weight using this, what kind of exercise and diet were you doing?
6kms daily Running and the 4exercises which @Renegade shared earlier.

DVOzgWK.jpg

Diet:

Diet is as follows:
*Breakfast: Coconut water before Jogging> After Jogging a Glass of Herbalife Shake with a Fruit
* 2-3 Biscuits after 2hours.
* Lunch : Two roti's with Dal or Spinach and Coconut water after 15-20mins
* Snacks: Green Tea with Two Osmania biscuits or a Fruit like Apple or Papaya.
* Dinner: Glass of Herbalife Shake.

I Don't Go to Gym.. Yoga pranayam's are part of my routine with 10mins of Kaphalbati and Anuvilom.

I am on Diet since 10days seen a improvement of 1.5 kgs weight loss and 1" Waist line.
All sunday Afternoons are cheat days.. Chicken biryani or Rice with mutton.

^it's okay to have less at dinner and you will get used to it.

but never ever ever ever ever skip your breakfast. thats the most important meal.

I feel hungry always. But if I eat fruits, that hunger does not go away. Only if I eat some junk food (pizza/burger etc) from office canteen do I feel good. I have tried a lot and have finally got this under control. But even if I do not eat junk food, my stomach feels empty.
Can you guys suggest some specific fruits which even when taken in small quantities makes one feel full?
I have tried bananas but never feel full until I consume 5-6 bananas.

One problem that I have with a light dinner is that go without food for a very long time. I have dinner within 10pm and next day, I eat breakfast at 10am after reaching office. I have light dinner (2 chappati, sabji). But I think in the long run this huge gap between two meals is going to affect my health.

But if I eat fruits, that hunger does not go away. Only if I eat some junk food (pizza/burger etc) from office canteen do I feel good.
fruits make me even more hungrier :p . i used bring home cooked burgers and sandwiches to office. burgers etc with good filling aren't always junk. you can prepare them at home even if you are staying alone :D. BTW, fruits are mostly sugar. so they are okay as snacks but shouldn't replace a whole meal.

I feel hungry always. But if I eat fruits, that hunger does not go away. Only if I eat some junk food (pizza/burger etc) from office canteen do I feel good. I have tried a lot and have finally got this under control. But even if I do not eat junk food, my stomach feels empty.
Can you guys suggest some specific fruits which even when taken in small quantities makes one feel full?
I have tried bananas but never feel full until I consume 5-6 bananas.

One problem that I have with a light dinner is that go without food for a very long time. I have dinner within 10pm and next day, I eat breakfast at 10am after reaching office. I have light dinner (2 chappati, sabji). But I think in the long run this huge gap between two meals is going to affect my health.

Never keep this much difference in meal times. If you dont feel full, you need to keep munching all day long. Your breakfast is too late. Grab an apple or 2 and complement it with a glass of milk early morning and all should be good.
I have been in the same boat as yours and that long difference is a big culprit in making your body crave for junk food. Fruits are not meant to be meal replacements, they should be taken between meals as they keep your metabolism running and also one eats less of the actual meal.

fruits make me even more hungrier [emoji14] . i used bring home cooked burgers and sandwiches to office. burgers etc with good filling aren't always junk. you can prepare them at home even if you are staying alone :D. BTW, fruits are mostly sugar. so they are okay as snacks but shouldn't replace a whole meal.
Are you saying that if one doesn't eat fruit at all, it's not a problem at all?

I don't eat fruit much, people eat lot of fruit and I feel I am missing necessary vitamin intake which fruit provide

Are you saying that if one doesn't eat fruit at all, it's not a problem at all?
they are mostly sugar and can't replace a proper meal.

completely omitting them isn't a good idea as our bodies are meant to consume fruit... caveman diet.

some fruits contain valuable nutrients, such as potassium (banana). i eat fruit mainly for fiber and therefore, i never consume fruit juices... juices are one of the worst possible ways to consume fruit.

i get to eat a lot of fruits... benefits of living in a family. but when i am staying alone, i eat only bananas. they are good for energy.

i don't know what all you are missing by not eating fruits. i used to have an ebook on benefits and nutritional values of fruits. i'll share it with you if i find it. maybe it'll be of some use to you. :D

I understand but last time i followed the routine, I lost 7 kilos + 2 inches tummy. For like 2 and half months.
Since its a new company, they're giving it for half the price.

PS: http://www.medianama.com/2015/06/22...-weight-loss-products-private-label-incredio/
Healthkart's own brand.
It could be because protein satiates hence people end up eating less overall while having whey + protein is thermogenic. Happy for your weight loss :)[DOUBLEPOST=1434405271][/DOUBLEPOST]Here is the problem. Doing 250 squats can be very boring. All you get post 15 reps is endurance.
My goals: 100 kgs squat for 3 sets of 5.
10 chin ups.
8 pull-ups
60 kgs press
3 sets of 12 bw dips
BW right now: 86 kgs.
ETA - unknown.
6kms daily Running and the 4exercises which @Renegade shared earlier.

DVOzgWK.jpg

Last edited:
Doing 250 squats can be very boring. All you get post 15 reps is endurance.
:D
I am not sure if you have tried it but for the squat the moment you go above 15-20 reps (say doing 15-50 reps), you may see a far greater increase in leg muscularity significantly. I am not certifying that you surely will, but almost everybody I have requested to try have seen the difference. The progression mentality can happen at higher reps too (if that stops someone).

{Of course you may not have hypertrophy as a goal}

So I no longer believe in the oft repeated advice that anything above 15 reps is endurance. The same thing goes for forearms, traps, calves, biceps, triceps. Perhaps even deltoids.

The sarcoplasmic vs myofibril hypertrophy argument (higher reps = sarco) does not take anything away from the point that growth in muscles happens even at higher reps (even though it is wrong to begin with). The reason why people get the "hard" and "dense" compact looks from doing low reps is simply because low reps causes less stimulation of muscles, and at the same time a high tonus, ergo the look and feel. It is not because of more myofibril hypertrophy and less sarcoplasmic.

Last edited:
:D
I am not sure if you have tried it but for the squat the moment you go above 15-20 reps (say doing 15-50 reps), you may see a far greater increase in leg muscularity significantly. I am not certifying that you surely will, but almost everybody I have requested to try have seen the difference. The progression mentality can happen at higher reps too (if that stops someone).

{Of course you may not have hypertrophy as a goal}

So I no longer believe in the oft repeated advice that anything above 15 reps is endurance. The same thing goes for forearms, traps, calves, biceps, triceps. Perhaps even deltoids.

The sarcoplasmic vs myofibril hypertrophy argument (higher reps = sarco) does not take anything away from the point that growth in muscles happens even at higher reps (even though it is wrong to begin with). The reason why people get the "hard" and "dense" compact looks from doing low reps is simply because low reps causes less stimulation of muscles, and at the same time a high tonus, ergo the look and feel. It is not because of more myofibril hypertrophy and less sarcoplasmic.
Sarcoplasmic vs myofibril yup yup.. but seriously man.. 250 squats :O[DOUBLEPOST=1434577766][/DOUBLEPOST]
you've been working out for quite a long time. why is that you haven't reached this goal? are you too heavy?
Yes, 86/7kgs and I have never been able to workout regularly for more than 4/5 months max due to some reason or the other, mostly work related. I end up starting from scratch every 6 months. I lack the most important part of training - consistency.

Last edited:
Recently started with my workout regime (again) and have started with cardio + strength plan. My trainer says that I need to include atleast 50 gm of protein in my diet daily and since I am veggie he suggested me to eat 20 - 22 egg whites daily. Is it advisable to do so ?

My stats:
Weight: 98 kg
Height: 6 Feet

At present I am following below mentioned diet:

Breakfast: Protein bar (Rite bite) + Porridge with homemade vegggies or dal
Lunch: 2 chapati + veggie + dal
Evening snacks: 5 egg whites and small bowl of sprouts
Dinner: 1 chapati + Dal + sabzi

I tend to throw in a bowl of muskmelon sometimes.

Also since I am trying to maintain a calorie deficit, I believe that my workout will use excess fat stored in my body and not the protein which I am including in my diet.

My aim as of now is weight loss + toning.

Last edited:
My trainer says that I need to include atleast 50 gm of protein in my diet daily and since I am veggie he suggested me to eat 20 - 22 egg whites daily.
do not depend only on egg whites for your protein needs. you would bound to have side effects [at least initially]. protein content in boiled egg white is not so much.. that is the reason i think your trainer has done a direct math of multiplying no. off eggs into protein required!!

if you ask me weight loss is the easier part. it is the muscle/lean mass gain that is difficult. by the way how tall are you?

do not depend only on egg whites for your protein needs. you would bound to have side effects [at least initially]. protein content in boiled egg white is not so much.. that is the reason i think your trainer has done a direct math of multiplying no. off eggs into protein required!!

if you ask me weight loss is the easier part. it is the muscle/lean mass gain that is difficult. by the way how tall are you?

6 feet.

Back