The Fitness Thread !

aussie and me did longs peak yesterday. 16 mile round trip with 5100 ft altitude gain. brutal rock scramble. it took 14.5 hours. started at 2AM and finished at 4:30pm.
1597614438512.jpeg

1597614400652.jpeg

03C60B62-C582-4C9E-A626-FA226F773D13.jpeg
38D65690-8CFB-43A6-9EBD-E790E88CF00C.jpeg

@booo - You didn't carry your new light glider so you could fly down back.
Haha. this place is a national park and flying in national park is prohibited. they arrest and confiscate. more importantly at those altitudes weather was really crazy. we were hiking against 40mph gusts.

Honestly, I have always been a very thin person ever in my life till I was 26 and I have now gained some weight. However, I never visited a gym to help myself gain weight and never trusted any extra supplement to increase my weight. Instead, I went for natural weight gaining products such as Banana Shakes and sources of proteins such as eggs, soya nuggets, peanuts, moong and gram etc. However, it never occurred to me that I could visit a gym and get healthy. And while gymming was quite popular, I always felt that when I stop hitting the gym, I would gain get that plump body which would be sagging from everywhere. So gym has never been a part of my lifestyle, though I really admire people who work hard on their bodies.
As of now, while I gained some weight, out came a little bit of tummy as well and I am trying to reduce this by watching YouTube videos and this is working. Since I fear losing weight again, I do not hit a gym or work too hard on my body. And most importantly, I would never take any form of protein supplements because I have heard that they turn dangerous to the kidneys in the long term.

Any one has a good veg protein diet plan without supplements?
Quite frankly if you completely avoid junk food you will get the required proteins from any combination of cereals, pulses, veggies etc. that you need to satiate your hunger.
Let's work out the worst-case scenario - you only love eating polished rice.
Assuming Daily calorific requirement of 2400 kcal, you will need to eat approximately 600 g raw polished rice every day (calorific value of raw rice = 4 kcal/g). Ofcourse when you cook rice it becomes almost 3 times in weight = 1.8 kg
Now 100 g of raw rice contains 8 g of proteins, this means that 600 g of rice = 48 g of proteins.

Real case will include wheat, pulses, legumes, soy etc which have far higher content of proteins- therefore you are sure to get about 75-100 g proteins from a normal veg diet.

Any one has a good veg protein diet plan without supplements?
You need to specify what's the goal of the diet. Cuz it's not something you do lifelong it's a phase and maintanence phase comes after you achieve said goal. Also supplements has nothing to do with diet.
I believe you just asking about general healthy lifestyle stuff in that case don't really stress on it just eat stuff you like in within limit, there is lot of fear mongering out there don't fall for it.

Watch these for no bs advice

You need to specify what's the goal of the diet. Cuz it's not something you do lifelong it's a phase and maintanence phase comes after you achieve said goal. Also supplements has nothing to do with diet.
I believe you just asking about general healthy lifestyle stuff in that case don't really stress on it just eat stuff you like in within limit, there is lot of fear mongering out there don't fall for it.

Watch these for no bs advice
weight training and boxing, the goal is to include approx 90gms of protein a day.

Last edited:
Back