The Fitness Thread !

re: The Fitness Thread !

@geekgod

Yea me too using ON gold.

@saiyan

Even im in the same boat.Progress is good in terms of increasing weight, but i guess it will take a few months before results start to show.

I only see a small difference in my arms.Not much difference yet in other body parts.

I am not a bb but I like to work out pretty hard and do mma (I skip on the ground-fighting though... a bad back) So Thai kickboxing (muay-thai) and boxing with cardio and plyometrics.

Since all this working out can make you sore and can take time to recuperate, I suggest l-glutamine, and excellent supplement that occurs naturally in the body. It helps rebuild muscle after the body starts breaking it down from a good work out and is good for cutting up. By adding it as a supplement into your diet, it will help relieve muscle soreness and is a good Amino Acid for rebuilding. It is also a great supplement to bolster your immune system too ;)

Some links for your info

L-Glutamine Basics - Preserve Lean Muscle Mass With Glutamine

L-Glutamine Information - Intense Workout

What is L Glutamine and Do I Need Glutamine Supplements?

Glutamine and Muscle - Wellsphere

Benefits of Glutamine - Wellsphere

The Fuel for a Great Workout: Glutamine - Wellsphere

Well, I am 5'11" and used to be around 75kg. But for the last 4 months, I've nearly stopped hiking due to lack of time and spending more time in TE than exercise. :p Now I guess I'm over 80kg. :ashamed:

Is there any way that just by running daily, I can loose 5-7 kg in 40-60 days ?? :p

I lost 14 Kg and still in progress...

No fancy gym's or anything.

A good nutritionist & healthy diet plan (She is based in Vileparle for Mumbaiites - 2-3 Month waitlist for clients), lots of water intake, high protein, & the occasional swimming session.

BTW, no restrictions on food intake really, just balancing what you eat throughout the day. E.g. Last weekend was a pizza & pasta fest - 2 days full day :D

No artificial supplements required so far. Just a followup every few days.

^wow 2~3 months waitlist , i'd rather do my own research ;). I intially lost 20kg in a period of 7 months with proper diet (on my own research) and gym, am in my 13th month now and have lost 25kg so far, concentrating on weights for the past 6 months.

well,I have started walking in the morning from yesterday

I wake at around 5:00am and go for a walk,roughly around 4-5kms

In the Beginning its quiet lazy :p

Do i need to start running or just walking is enough ?

^^ its is not advisable to run on hard surfaces cuz it can really hurt your knees .... if u want u can run on sandy surface or on grass. brisk walk is also a gud option .

^^+1000 that, I did that a lot and ended up with injured calf :(

I am just waiting to shift and once I am done with it I'll find a good gym in the locality ;)

Ravi_D said:
beer belly>>six-pack tbh,:p.
:cheers:

i possibly would have the best built body around here. im 5'11'' and my weight is 58 kgs. :p
i have many packs too. :p
saline packs
:bleh:

axeman said:
I lost 14 Kg and still in progress...

No fancy gym's or anything.

A good nutritionist & healthy diet plan (She is based in Vileparle for Mumbaiites - 2-3 Month waitlist for clients), lots of water intake, high protein, & the occasional swimming session.

BTW, no restrictions on food intake really, just balancing what you eat throughout the day. E.g. Last weekend was a pizza & pasta fest - 2 days full day :D

No artificial supplements required so far. Just a followup every few days.

Sarita Dawre?

Well i guess i will feed in my numbers too. Started this July 09 with 101 Kgs and was 87 last i measured about 10 days back. I have actually stopped working out intensely from last 10 days or so as i wanted my body some rest as i was pushing myself to my limit for almost 1.5 months. The biggest achievement which i have accomplished till now is lowering my heart rate from high 80's to high 60's. Also i can somehow manage to run a mile in under 8 minutes now. I am aiming for that to come down to under 6 and my heart rate to low 60's. I have till now solely relied on a clean diet, cardio and floor exercises.

Workout: My cardio consists of empty stomach jogging in the morning anywhere from 3-5Kms and 30 minutes of brisk walk in the evenings. I try to do atleast 5 sessions of the same every week. Apart from this i also incorporate two sessions of intense badminton from 1-2 hours each every week. I also do a bit of floor exercises every week for both my upper and lower body. I try to incorporate 3 sessions every of cross training. Also a little bit of ab-exercises here and there.

Diet:

Mainly clean,green and lean foods. Was hitting anywhere between 1200-1500 cals for 1.5 months with a cheat day every week. Now its more like 1800-2200 cals as i am resting my body and pushing up my metabolism. Something like not letting my body go into starvation mode.

Egg whites in the morning with brown bread and a glass of milk.

2 Chapatis in the afternoon with whatever cooked vegetables along with curd and salad.

2 Chapatis in the dinner with cooked vegetables and salad.

A fruit somewhere in between.

Hmm.. i'm 170 cms tall and used to weight 73kgs (2-months ago). just on the border for being overweight on the BMI index.

joined the gym at office. since office is very far from my home, i spend only like 30-45 mins at the gym(at least 4 days a week).burning about 150 cals a day on the treadmill/jogger. do a little weights, but my main aim is to reduce flab (and not to become like Saiyan :p )

i'm not a fitness-freak or anything. just dont want to look fat.

diet-wise, cutting down on rice a bit and taking more chappatis/veggies and stuff.
lost about a kilo after a month. lost my love-handles :D so thats a relief. Now to get rid of the belly(+backside) fat. :D

I've got a doubt. will only jogging/running/treadmill help reduce my excess fat? the problem is i do not like jogging (worried about weak knees).

Try HIIT, the single most thing you can do to reduce bodyfat really fast without doing cardio sessions for hours.

mods is there any chance of making this thread sticky ??? i PM'ed DS but no reply:( n then Io read thread regarding increasing sticky thread .... so any chance :huh:

Back