The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Sorry, I didn't know you were using a smith machine for the squats. I was under the impression that you were using a barbell in which case 100 KG was an insane amount of weight for your level. Does your gym not have a squat rack? In my opinion a Smith machine squats are only half as effective as conventional squats.

Its squat smith only. Free bar weights are max at 60kg here.

And i went to my old gym last nov. Then i was using the free bar and 60KG for squats.

@sg.

Yes. Thats why i reserve fridays for squats alone. So that sunday and sat i get time to relax.

ROM? How am i overdoing it? Plz explain. as its a crucial exercise i want to be correct as possible.

let me repeat again

download 'starting strength' videos from torrent...it has everything you need to know

Smith machine is the enemy of developing proper form. IMO it is safe to go 1.5x LBM on squats and bench press, 2x on deadlifts. I suck at gorilla press, I'm prolly more than 6 months away from even 1x LBM.

^Any recommendation for using creatine ? Any particular brand ? Thinking of using it for 20 days or a month.

nukeu666 said:
let me repeat again
download 'starting strength' videos from torrent...it has everything you need to know
Yes please. I think it has everything.
The other book by mark rippertoe i would recommend, is Practical Program for Strength.

Saiyan said:
^Any recommendation for using creatine ? Any particular brand ? Thinking of using it for 20 days or a month.

Brand : ON Micronized Creatine Powder

Store : STAR BAZAAR

Sennerikuppam, Off. Poonamalle Bypass Road, Chennai – 600056

Dosage : Loading dosage of 15-25g per day for 5 days and after that use a maintenance dosage of 3-5g for the remainder of 15 days/25 days.Put it in your Protein Shake or even Gatorade will do.

Bl^nK said:
Brand : ON Micronized Creatine Powder

Store : STAR BAZAAR

Sennerikuppam, Off. Poonamalle Bypass Road, Chennai – 600056

Dosage : Loading dosage of 15-25g per day for 5 days and after that use a maintenance dosage of 3-5g for the remainder of 15 days/25 days.Put it in your Protein Shake or even Gatorade will do.

cool thanks. Been buying from that shop only for a year now. Using BSN Syntha 6 now. btw cost of that creatine and also your experience after consuming it please.

Creatine is a fairly new supplement and hence any long term side effects of creatine are yet unknown. This is the only reason why some people and even some doctors advise against the use of creatine. One must also keep a strict tab on the amount of creatine one is consuming as excessive creatine can be dangerous to kidney and liver functions. With that said, it is a good supplement that does work if you are into serious bodybuilding.

Here is a good read on positive and negative effects of creatine : http://www.satoriintegrativehealth.com/articles/seanarticles/Creatine.pdf

I am unable to open the link right now but creatine is one of the oldest supplements.

Creatine supplements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Creatine History

http://www.muscle-building.com/history-of-creatine.html

Excessive amount of anything is not good any way. There are no conclusive studies and conclusive side effects of creatine.

What is serious Bodybuilding. According to me you should a goal (Fatloss, Build Muscle etc....)and plan how to reach there. If you don't have a goal no point doing anything.

And for Muscle Building creatine is a good and safe supplement. I have not seen any side effects from people who are taking it regularly for extended time.

fellas, need small clarification..

i heard some where that cycling and Skipping increases back and thighs..is this true?

Thanks.

sg3707 said:
I am unable to open the link right now but creatine is one of the oldest supplements.

Creatine supplements - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Creatine History

http://www.muscle-building.com/history-of-creatine.html

Excessive amount of anything is not good any way. There are no conclusive studies and conclusive side effects of creatine.

What is serious Bodybuilding. According to me you should a goal (Fatloss, Build Muscle etc....)and plan how to reach there. If you don't have a goal no point doing anything.

And for Muscle Building creatine is a good and safe supplement. I have not seen any side effects from people who are taking it regularly for extended time.

It has been available to public only since the late 90's and hence any long term side effect is not yet recorded. No one is denying the positive effects of creatine, yes it is good for building muscle mass but then so are steroids. I am not comparing the two, I am just painting a vague picture that even something which has a positive effect can be harmful in long run. If general fitness is all you desire and if you do not want to look like a fitness model or a professional bodybuilder than you don't need supplements like creatine, a good healthy diet with good workouts will do the job for you. I am not advising against the use of creatine, I am just trying to show both sides of the coin.

Creatine is used to increase explosive muscle power by increasing muscle atp concentrations

It wont increase bulk in itself but will let you make more powerful lifts

I've read it should not be taken more than 3-4 months at a time

^Yes, it is quite similar to a pre-workout supplement. I used to take NO-Xplode but realized that it was increasing my blood pressure even at idle and I was kind of getting addicted to it because of the high caffeine quantity. I stopped taking it, although the energy level has gone down a bit but it still works for me, atleast I am not getting addicted to anything.

Anyways, i just want to try it out for a month. Don't think i'll use it afterwards. I just got loads of time this month, so thought will give a shot.

Back