The Fitness Thread !

Hmm ok. Then i'll stick to 50x2
<

Not gonna make it alternate as it is the only exercise i do, and my muscles don't take a long time to recover (like naruto!).

^agree

doing lots of pushups will increase a lot of low strength

do onearm pushups, you will start gaining high strength...after you can do 2 onearm/side, do other variants

as for bodywt exercises, follow convict conditioninf like pullups, squats, handstand pushups, bridges

All these weight gainers are good, but they mean no shit when your normal diet is pretty ****ed up. You need to eat pretty heavy meals(balanced but biased towards more proteins) along with a properly planned workout schedule like 5x5 or something similar. I see all the n00bs buying gainers and blaming their body type for not gaining any weight, it's no reason to fail. You might not see fast results, but you will get the results eventually if you do it properly.

So, finally today i started jimming against my dad's will. According to him, when i will stop jimming, i will gain weight with 2x speeds then. How far this thing is true? This is the main answer i want first.

Second thing is : What are the side and after effects of jimming?

The purpose of joining jim to me is just make myself fit, reduce some extra fats. I am not much into body building, will just prefer a little tightness of skin.

So, finally today i started jimming against my dad's will. According to him, when i will stop jimming, i will gain weight with 2x speeds then. How far this thing is true? This is the main answer i want first.

Second thing is : What are the side and after effects of jimming?

The purpose of joining jim to me is just make myself fit, reduce some extra fats. I am not much into body building, will just prefer a little tightness of skin.

Jimming..want to reduce fat..bodybuilding..tight skin?

guys been gymming(mainly bodybuilding) on/off for more than a year now, was following the beginner's workout from bodybuilding.com and have had good enough results..

I anticipate conditions which will allow a regular gym schedule in the coming 3 months, and can manage good diet too..so ppl pleas suggest some good bulkup workout, which has worked for you.

I have just 1 constraint:I cannot hit the gym more than 3 times a week.

btw am 5ft 10" 72-75kgs.

Hey guys, Started weight training and cardio a few weeks back with no history of weight training. Im 23 and reatively fit at 74kg.

So after 3 weeks of upperbody - cardio- lowerbody- cardio and repeat routine, today i shifted to this routine ->http://www.muscleand...it-workout.html

Daily Workout Schedule:

Monday - Shoulders and Triceps

Shoulders Exercise Sets Reps Smith Machine Shoulder Press 4 12,10,8,6 Dumbbell Lateral Raise 4 12,10,8,6 Dumbbell Reverse Fly 4 12,10,8,6 Dumbbell Shrugs 4 12,10,8,6

Triceps Exercise Sets Reps Lying Tricep Extension 3 10,8,6 One Arm Cable Extension 3 10,8,6 One Arm Dumbbell Extension 3 10,8,6

Tuesday - Back

Back Exercise Sets Reps Wide Grip Pull Up 4 12,10,8,6 Close Grip Pull Down 4 12,10,8,6 One Arm Dumbbell Row 4 12,10,8,6 Bent Over Barbell Row 4 12,10,8,6

Wednesday - Rest Day

Thursday - Chest and Biceps

Chest Exercise Sets Reps Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4 12,10,8,6 Barbell Bench Press 4 12,10,8,6 Incline Dumbbell Flys 4 12,10,8,6 Cable Crossovers 4 12,10,8,6

Biceps Exercise Sets Reps Incline Dumbbell Curl 3 10,8,6 Preacher Curl 3 10,8,6 Standing Hammer Curl 3 10,8,6

Friday - Legs Quads, Hamstrings and Glutes Exercise Sets Reps Squat 4 12,10,8,6 45 Degree Leg Press 4 12,10,8,6 Leg Extension 4 12,10,8,6 Stiff Legged Deadlifts 4 12,10,8,6 Calves Exercise Sets Reps Seated calf Raise 3 10,8,8 Standing Calf Raise 3 15,12,10

Saturday and Sunday - Rest Days

Today being monday, i did the shoulders and i was barely able to do the exercises. The Smith Machine and Lying Tricep Extension was especially overwhelming since i've never dealt with these. Over all, i started trying to concentrate on form but then lost that too, so couldnt make the reps nor form. For some reason i find it pretty hard to maintain form. With hands shaking invountarily or going wayward. Perhaps more concentration?

I want to know whether this gets better or not? Im ready to put in the intensity, but if the damn dumbell at 10kg wont reach shoulder level halfway into the second set, how do i go about it?

This is the first routine i liked since it aims at exhausting one set of muscles every working day. (and its pretty good according to the claims here --> http://www.muscleand...-thread-11.html )

What do you guys think, Is it normal for a beginner? I don't really have the option of a personal trainer since that's 4.5k a month at the gym i go to. Other wise the gym is pretty good in all respects.

Ps-

Looks like im freaking out
tongu23e.gif
My target is to gain some muscle mass and tone in my body and a six pack in lace of the generous paunch i deveoped in the last three months (went from 66-67 to 74ish al went to the stomach rest is al inshape/thinnish) height is around 5'11.

I think a part of the anxiety is cause of idiots around who can easily do 20-25kgs
<

Don't look around yourself is the first thing I would suggest. Those lifting more weights have been lifting around for a while to reach there. Pick a weight with which you can complete the target reps maintaining the right form (more or less for starters, you will perfect it over time). Once you are able to comfortably complete those reps increase the weights.

What were you doing with the 10 Kilo dumbbell? I definitely hope it was not lateral raises
<
. Even lying extension would be a little too much with 10 kilos (assuming 10 +10 for either side = 20). Start with 10 pounds (each side or use a EZ bar with 5 pounds either side) or so and if it seems too easy, pile up 2.5 pounds more. And remember do eat well if you want to increase your strength.

Oh, and add one more thing to the above. Don't use those machines, they're useless in the long run. Will do you more harm than good, unless you're injured or handicapped, then it's OK.

Anyone tried HIIT here? What results did you get? I must say, I've tried it for a while and it's more of a gimmick than 'the best fat loss' solution. I did HIIT the same way every website suggested. I went for all out sprints for my work sets and light jogs for my rest sets. As expected, it knocked the stuffing out of me. I managed to do this three times a week. I lost a bit of fat but nothing drastic. Still, I'm going to call it a gimmick. Why? I dropped HIIT and did moderate intensity cardio for 40 to 45 min five to six days a week. I lost a lot more fat with regular cardio.

I did some research. Basically HIIT is great for increasing your speed or endurance while running, but it actually doesn't burn as many calories as moderate intensity cardio. Just putting it out there for all you people looking to cut some fat off. HIIT is not the way to go.

HIIT is good if you mix it within your normal cardio routine. Like say if you do an hour for a week, make 2-3 days hiit.

Its actually hit and miss. Im not fat so i do it for increasing my endurance. Say while playing basket ball or football you require short bursts of speed, doing normal cardio wont help you with that

It works for some people though. Also the intensity matters 25 seconds of sprinting (above 12kmph in my opinion on a treadmill) and then back to 5-6 for 50 seconds till you catch your breath, and repeat atleast 6 times. Get some good songs going, it really helps to get the intensity up.

Yes, my stamina and speed went up quite a bit after a month of doing it. Plus, its a lot more fun. Didn't do much to burn that extra inch I've put on waist.

Actually the thing is HIIT works because it is supposed to increase the metabolism by 5 % for about 8 hours after the workout. Now if you're consuming 100 cals, thats just 40 more cals. And depending on the workout you left out(in calories) and what you made up for in speed, that should tell you if it was beneficial or not. About that extra inch, well if you're counting in inches, your diet comes into play.

Its a prety common cliche, no matter if you do 4 hrs of cardo, if you eat twices as much extra calories as you burn in cardio, it aint getting you anywhere.

And yes HIIT is fun. All the fatties around me kind of think im a maniac for going at 13kmph when the trainer has told them to do 5-6
<

I think diet plays a big role in controlling ur fat. I myself have come down from 97kgs to 70kgs purely by controlling my diet.

Also about cardio either do sprints or walk. Never do the in between jog.

I think 2 sessions of sprint per week is sufficent.

Back