The Fitness Thread !

So finally, started going to the gym
Been at it since the past 3 months, weight is still hovering around 92 Kgs but dropped body fat from 33% to 26%

And it feels great :)
What do you guys take for your protein needs apart from the Protein Supplement ?
I'am a Vegetarian (Have Eggs though), can you guys recommend something ?

So finally, started going to the gym
Been at it since the past 3 months, weight is still hovering around 92 Kgs but dropped body fat from 33% to 26%

What do you guys take for your protein needs apart from the Protein Supplement ?
How did you measure the body fat percentage?

eight is still hovering around 92 Kgs but dropped body fat from 33% to 26%

Been in a good diet from last 3 months. Lost 50 pounds. Everyday run/walk, except sunday and completely abandoned bad food. No need of protiens or anything. Most prolly they will be bad for the long run. Natural is the way to go. Just my personal experience, lemme know yours.

Been in a good diet from last 3 months. Lost 50 pounds. Everyday run/walk, except sunday and completely abandoned bad food. No need of protiens or anything. Most prolly they will be bad for the long run. Natural is the way to go. Just my personal experience, lemme know yours.
Seriously? My weight has been 73-74kg for the last 4 years! :O

Depends on how you adapt. I have been follwing r/lostit and nyfitnesspal and it has been a great ride all in all.[DOUBLEPOST=1421195421][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends on how you adapt. I have been follwing r/lostit and nyfitnesspal and it has been a great ride all in all.

The Gym has some sort of device that measures BMI/BMR etc..
In that case since your weight has remained the same and I am presuming you are no longer in height growing age - how does the BMI change?
BMR cannot be checked by a simple machine at gym. So I am not wrong in assuming that it was BMI that was calculated. (Nothing great about BMI by the way = weight in kg / square of height in metres)

Lets look at this from another perspective.
Your weight = 92 kg. Previous body fat = 33%. Which means your lean body mass = 61 kg
Now body fat = 26%. Therefore now lean body mass = 68 kg

You gained 7 kg of muscles in 3 months??? !!!
This has to be a record of some sorts, or you are juicing.

###
If you really want to track body fat, then track your waist circumference.
Which is taken just above the navel.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist#Waist_measurement

The best measure of body fat is SAD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittal_Abdominal_Diameter) since this eliminates larger circumference due to wider structure, but then measuring the SAD becomes little difficult, therefore we are happy with waist measure only.

Waist:Height = 0.45 is Ideal

Last edited:
Those who live in a city and run regularly, where do you guys run?
On the concrete pavement?

I did on concrete in a stadium every day in the morning for 1 - 1.1/2 hours. But legs soon gave up. So started running in grass ground in the same stadium. I'd say do this alternatively, sometimes in concrete, sometimes in grass. Though ultimately what matters is - you do certain activity which get's your heart beat going.

I did on concrete in a stadium every day in the morning for 1 - 1.1/2 hours. But legs soon gave up. So started running in grass ground in the same stadium. I'd say do this alternatively, sometimes in concrete, sometimes in grass. Though ultimately what matters is - you do certain activity which get's your heart beat going.
You are running way too much. If your goal is fitness and not to become a long distance runner try to run about 20-30 KMS per week and run on alternate days. Your legs need time to repair itself. On the other day ,do body weight exercises for upper body. Classic exercises such as Diamond Push Ups/Yoga Push Ups/ Side-to-Side Push Ups, Pull Ups, Dips are exceptionally good for building a strong physique and are fun and challenging as well. There are literally dozens of cool and challenging stuff you could with a pull up bar.

Those who live in a city and run regularly, where do you guys run?
On the concrete pavement?
Never. Doesn't hurt initially but is not good if you get regular. Grass.[DOUBLEPOST=1421783565][/DOUBLEPOST]
DSC00032.JPG

I was here yesterday. Picked up an Olympic bar for 1/7th price.

How do people work out in the morning and not be tired throughout the day ?

First day of workout. I thought i'l go work out early and then go through the day. But got tired and sleepy after going to gym so had to take a few hours nap to get be 100% again.

Quick Q on a gym - has anyone been a member of talwalkars? I have a corp offer that is giving me dirt cheap rates, so I have joined for a month. The equipment is good (even if there is only one squat rack). Any feedback on their trainers especially with regard to free-weight training?

Back