The Fitness Thread !

when did your friend go to roopkund? theres a chance he went with me :D

btw group is called Great Hyderabad Adventure Club. There are also other groups like Hyderabad trekking club, Hyderabad adventures and trekking club (HATs), wildwoods adventure clubs, The Great Escape etc etc
Thats really cool. I think my friend went in 2016 I think. I have another friend who is a local of lohajung and during my last trip to India, I was with him to do the roopkund trek. sadly, the place was closed because people were trashing the hike. we went to a nearby short hike and we managed to collect a big trash bag full of kurkure wrappers on our way back. I mean... who would really eat kurkure on a hike :facepalm:

btw, I am a hyderabadi, next time when I am home lets go on a hike :D

I went in 2016 too :D. yeah, the trash problem I see all too common. Another problem is assholes on bluetooth speakers spoiling the serene atmosphere.

lets catch up for sure. Im going to rajmachi fort in maharastra in june 1st week this year :)

First time snowshoe hike. Was much harder than it looks. Temps were -15c with a lot of windchill due to 30-40mile gusts. Did a good hike after many days.
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/upper-forest-lakes-trail

459566D8-71D3-4DC2-B547-BB2D1E96A748.jpeg
BB2C882F-592B-46AA-98D8-644D449D5933.jpeg

As for your question, seems like Breckenridge. But could be anyone between Telluride, Aspen Snowmass, Loveland, Silver Mountain as he has multiple options around him.
loveland... but yeah; so many options.

@ BOO! Where is this?
https://skiloveland.com/
Its right on the continental divide on the rocky mountains. the ski lift takes you over 12k feet and the highest ski lift takes you just over 13k feet. This is close to the place where I also fly.

We had our lunch here. https://skiloveland.com/the-mountain/ptarmigan-roost-cafe/
ptarmigan-roost.jpg

And the ski lift behind the cafe is where you go above 13k. I was just a beginner so...

Last edited:
Hi all,

Does the amount of calories burned while Jumping Rope for 5 sessions of 2 minutes each (spread out during the course of the whole day) equate to a single 10 minute session? (Since I can't go much beyond 2-3 minutes at a time currently, I'm thinking it's better to have multiple shorter sessions to increase overall workout volume).

& is there any way of preventing calluses from being formed on one's big toes? I've attempted jumping rope barefoot recently. At the most, I can think of wearing shoes. (Though that hadn't helped when I'd tried eons ago). So any other things that I could try? Or is it one of those things that you just need to push past until eventually the problem solves itself?

Thanks for your time. Cheers.

^Jumping rope is usually a cardio exercise. You can start slow and then gradually increase as you increase your endurance. However IF your overweight, I'd suggest going slow on rope skipping since you might be putting enormous load on your knees and ankles.

Can't prevent calluses. You can use smooth surface when jumping rope, use moisturisers but ultimately you cant prevent them. I get them on my palms and I just use nailcutter to cut away the skin

^Jumping rope is usually a cardio exercise. You can start slow and then gradually increase as you increase your endurance. However IF your overweight, I'd suggest going slow on rope skipping since you might be putting enormous load on your knees and ankles.

Can't prevent calluses. You can use smooth surface when jumping rope, use moisturisers but ultimately you cant prevent them. I get them on my palms and I just use nailcutter to cut away the skin
Hi, & thanks for replying. I'm already doing a bit of indoor cycling & walking. So jumping rope is something I wanted to add to the mix. So while I'm indeed overweight, I don't intend on dialing up the intensity on the jump rope any time soon.

Any idea with regard to how the calories burned compare, when jumping rope in a single session of, say, 10 minutes versus doing the same 10 minutes in 5 sessions of 2 minutes each? I'm assuming it's going to be roughly the same, going by how it's the same for an exercise like walking. But just wanted to confirm.

Cheers!

Such a good well constructed incline. Guess we will never see this in SEA countries
It was a cog railway track for mining. When the mining stopped they turned it into a fitness stair master.
Btw the trail starts at 6500ft or 2000m msl. Since tourists come from all over the world to do this you can see people from sea level like me suffering on the hike.
Another cool thing is we usually get some ice cream after the hike at Colorado Custard Company which is owned by Matt Carpenter who is GOAT marathoner and ultra runner. really cool guy and served icecream himself.

Last edited:
Any recommendations on a basic weighing scale? I was thinking of buying the Mi Body Scale for about 2k but I guess they’ve stopped making it. Any similar products at similar prices?

I might even consider getting an analog scale if all an electronic scale shows is the weight. I don’t really need to track gram-by-gram :)

Any recommendations on a basic weighing scale? I was thinking of buying the Mi Body Scale for about 2k but I guess they’ve stopped making it. Any similar products at similar prices?

I might even consider getting an analog scale if all an electronic scale shows is the weight. I don’t really need to track gram-by-gram :)

I have this one at home: https://www.amazon.in/Healthgenie-E...580647281&sprefix=health+genie,aps,296&sr=8-9

Its basic weight and room temperature. But for 649, what else can you ask for! I have had it for 6-7 months now.

Back