The Indian Premier League 2008 Thread

SidhuPunjab said:
I dont support any team, but M too happy that Dhoni is in loosing side, I hate him naturally, sometimes I dont find any reason.

Ditto :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

+ Yuvraj and Sreesanth too ..

Hate these three without any reason :bleh:

In the end the best team WON
Congrats to the Royals

I feel disappointed that Superkings couldn't pull it off, it could have gone either way.
But Dhoni has rallied the team superbly and Chennai will come back much stronger next year to claim the trophy

yogi7272 said:
its just me or what , that i find shades of andrew symonds in yusuf pathan..

Hmm, probably yeah...Both bowl offspin....both have uncharacteristic stances, both seem to clear boundries easily with flat sixes...both are calm and have a bit of a swagger... Maybe Symonds seems slightly more solid, but Yusuf will only improve...

Switch said:
Sehwag out... WTF are u smoking... If you would have said Dhoni i would have kindda agreed but sehwag... If anything he should be made the captain of the side...

He had hit pollok for 19 runs in the very first over of the match against Mumbai Indians... He is made for 20-20... And if you see his inngis more often then not he has clicked... He with Gambhir makes the "Best" opening combination in the world for 20-20 and heck i would stick up my neck and say for 50 Overs ODI also... If he gets going(As he is doing it now) more often then not he will single handidly win the match for the team. PERIOD.

I guess you were still half asleep when you typed that...

I am not smoking, I am talking FACTS
Sehwag, inspite of given soooo many opportunities has always let the team down with his careless approach
Sure, he is talented but if u cant make use of your talent, then you have no business playing for national side (ask Afridi)

He failed in SA, Worldcup, Australia - what more chances should be given to him (remember he was not picked for finals of CB series and India WON)

If Dravid(best Indian batsman) gets dropped for failing in 1-2 series, then Sehwag is damn lucky to have got few more chances

LOL u want him captain :eek:hyeah: - he doesn't even have his place guaranteed in playingXI. As Sachin is not playing, Sehwag has been selected. If he doesnt score in Asia cup, forget Sehwag for good

So, leave of your city loyalties :-[ and support deserving players to play for India.
You must be in deep slumber for long time to keep supporting Sehwag :eek:hyeah:

vij said:
Hmm, probably yeah...Both bowl offspin....both have uncharacteristic stances, both seem to clear boundries easily with flat sixes...both are calm and have a bit of a swagger... Maybe Symonds seems slightly more solid, but Yusuf will only improve...

Its too soon to compare Pathan to likes of Symonds..

Its just 16 20-20's that he has played.. I guess one shouldn't expect so much so early.. Besides he hasnt played enough one dayers to determine his worth.

Besides it takes a lot more to bat on the pitches which are not totally suited for batting ;)

None of these guys have faced vicious swings or spins.. Whole tournament has been batting friendly with hitting from the word go..

In ODI everything will be tested.. Patience, Partnership , Shot Selection and Timing... Where else here any bowl that reaches boundary and its Mission Accomplished ;)

sehwag is crap. ...as long as the ball doesnt move he can whack ..if it moves one bit then he has no leg work to whack it anywhere... just a waste of space

I too hate Yuvi and Sree coz MI lost a match by damn 1 run and i was there at wankhede it was not a pleasant scene for us MI , we cud have been in the Semi's if we had won that match.

Next year MI is gonna blast the Kings 11 for sure.

Back