The iPad Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I bought an iPad 2 off eBay and now was looking to buy a screen guard. Dont really wanna spend much on it so was wondering if those 100-200 bucks screen guards are decent enough?

Also, can you suggest a good app for editing word, excel documents? Tried FileApp and Documents 2 Free but none letting me edit the Doc file I from my system.

All these days I thought all iPads are Factory Unlocked, now I see At&T, Verizon on Apple page :S

All these days I thought all iPads are Factory Unlocked, now I see At&T, Verizon on Apple page :S

That is nothing. AT&T means GSM one and Verizon means CDMA one.
I have the AT&T version and have used my Tmobile SIM card for EDGE access. iPads are factory unlocked. Just that instead of GSM version and CDMA version they are mentioning AT&T and Verizon here in US.

Ok guys, HELP!!!! i finally got a 3G sim for my ipad 2 3G.
i went for a Vodafone prepaid 1gb thing for 30 days.
The vodafone guy cut the sim and gave it.
It was supposed to be activated in 2 hours.

But it still would show as "No Service"
If i chose cellular data as Vodafone IN, it would say that the network is locked to a certain network blah blah.
Called up customer care: They told be to make the SIM setting of International Roaming to ON and wait for 10 mins.
Did the same, entered APN as www.

STILL no progress. :(

Hello all

thanks to all your constructive inputs here
http://www.techenclave.com/general-portables/whom-ios-whom-android-131599/

i went ahead and got myself an ipad ( well not exactly myself - but my wife and kids)

would appreciate your help in the following
1. i would like to watch(stream) movies on my ipad that are saved on various PCs that are on a wifi network around my house
Please suggest a reliable method
A bit of reading has suggested two methods
a) Air video
b) Filebrowser+AV player

please advice since i have read reports that airvideo is not very reliable
P>S y ipad is not jailbroken , i already have AV player, i dont mind paying for apps that are worth it

2. Any PDF viewer for ipad ?

3.A decent photo viewer/manager (free)

4. A remotedesktop tool that can be used with XP - basically this will be used to control my MUSIC PC playing foobar or Jriver
i have read reports that JUMP is very good - better than RDP or logmein - any inputs regarding this ?

1. i would like to watch(stream) movies on my ipad that are saved on various PCs that are on a wifi network around my house
Please suggest a reliable method
Do have a look at Buzz Player. AVPLayer HD is surely good, thanks to the gestures that one can use in it.

2. Any PDF viewer for ipad ?
GoodReader. Does much more than just reading PDF files. Can say that its a must have app.
Replied in Bold

AV player standalone cannot be used to access movies on my other PCs harddrive can it?
my first question would hence be unanswered

Tried it.. still No Service. CC says its a SIM issue.. F*@$*#$s..

Then change the sim.
Is the sim is correctly cutted. Because no service is more tends to mean that the sim is not aligned properly.
Usually new sim will have signal but not activated.

What cases are people using the for the new iPad (2012). Will receive my new shiny baby tomorrow. Oh and where to get the screen protector?

How did you end up getting a finance job ?

Dood whats that got to do with it. :-/

Then change the sim.
Is the sim is correctly cutted. Because no service is more tends to mean that the sim is not aligned properly.
Usually new sim will have signal but not activated.

Sim seems to be correctly cut. I can even access the Vodafone Services tab. It even scans for carriers in Manual mode, but doesnt allow me to select any. Even when I choose Vodafone, it says something like, "You are linked to another carrier"

Update: Since i bought a Chennai SIM, buggers in Mumbai are making me run from Vodafone store to Vodafone store, to get the sim replaced.
WTF did they launch India-wide operations if they cant replace a sim card between two metros!!!!

What cases are people using the for the new iPad (2012). Will receive my new shiny baby tomorrow. Oh and where to get the screen protector?

Get the full body smart case. Covers the front and back.
As for screen guard, belkin or any other brand does the job.
Ps. If possible order skins from decal girl or customize your own skin from wrappz. But remember it's not good to hide the beauty of skin if you keen on buying case.

Sim seems to be correctly cut. I can even access the Vodafone Services tab. It even scans for carriers in Manual mode, but doesnt allow me to select any. Even when I choose Vodafone, it says something like, "You are linked to another carrier"

Update: Since i bought a Chennai SIM, buggers in Mumbai are making me run from Vodafone store to Vodafone store, to get the sim replaced.
WTF did they launch India-wide operations if they cant replace a sim card between two metros!!!!
If the sim works on other mobile, try any of this methods,
1. Reset network from the general tab or
2. Do a new restore and start as a new ipad(not from the backup)

Else trash that sim, get a new sim and have a peace of mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back