The iPad Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not 100% sure but you need appsync to install apps through iFunbox (the ones you have not purchased that is).

Get Appsync for iOS 6.0+ ,dont use the older versions

Your guess looks right.But problem looks that hacku$%^.us has completely gone offsite how to get appsync now?

- - - Updated - - -

Update: problem solved.

New source added.Cant share much here.Search with this tag on google

bl00dra1n

So MAGNeT you updated to iOS 6.1, how is the experience and how are your JB tweaks behaving (the ones that you use, also if possible name them here) ? Any issues or battery problems you facing ? You have iPhone of iPad ?
I am on 5.1.1 on my 4S and am not sure if i should go to iOS 6.1 or not and looks like i don't have much time since apple has already released iOS 6.1.1 beta so the final version of 6.1.X can come anytime soon which will surely close the signing window of 6.1

hey guyz, how do i transfer all my contacts from my phone (i use omnia hd), to my ipad mini ? i dont want to add all 250 contacts manually,i have all contacts in .vcf format stored in my pc

I dont know how to use outlook :(

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is my first Apple device, i have jb'd it and using IOS 6.1, i have also installed appcake, but i want to download full version apps and games through my pc and not through ipad, what should i do ?

hey guyz, how do i transfer all my contacts from my phone (i use omnia hd), to my ipad mini ? i dont want to add all 250 contacts manually,i have all contacts in .vcf format stored in my pc

- - - Updated - - -

Also this is my first Apple device, i have jb'd it and using IOS 6.1, i have also installed appcake, but i want to download full version apps and games through my pc and not through ipad, what should i do ?

Is it possible to sync your Omnia HD contacts with google ? If yes then do that and in your iPad, add a new account of google and only sync contacts and this should make the contacts appear in your iPad too.
For the second query, what is the problem with installing directly from within the device ?

Is it possible to sync your Omnia HD contacts with google ? If yes then do that and in your iPad, add a new account of google and only sync contacts and this should make the contacts appear in your iPad too.
For the second query, what is the problem with installing directly from within the device ?

Omnia HD is a symbian 60 v5 device, there is no option of syncing my contacts with google, and for the second answer,it takes time to download 500mb and above games, i prefer downloading it through pc rather than downloading on ipad and charging it again and again

Omnia HD is a symbian 60 v5 device, there is no option of syncing my contacts with google, and for the second answer,it takes time to download 500mb and above games, i prefer downloading it through pc rather than downloading on ipad and charging it again and again

Ok since you are Jailbroken just install Appsync for iOS 6 from a different repo. Refer the other thread related to iOS 6.1 jailbreak for that. Then say you have your 500 MB IPA available, install iFunbox and connect the iPad to your computer and let iFunbox detect the iPad. Then you can install the app using iFunbox.
Appsync has to be installed else you will get errors when trying to install the app.

Ok since you are Jailbroken just install Appsync for iOS 6 from a different repo. Refer the other thread related to iOS 6.1 jailbreak for that. Then say you have your 500 MB IPA available, install iFunbox and connect the iPad to your computer and let iFunbox detect the iPad. Then you can install the app using iFunbox.
Appsync has to be installed else you will get errors when trying to install the app.

thanks a lot and what about the contacts thing ?

- - - Updated - - -

Export Those Contacts to vcf format And Import Via iCloud
Its Damn Easy

Omnia Also can be synced to Google via exchange.

So MAGNeT you updated to iOS 6.1, how is the experience and how are your JB tweaks behaving (the ones that you use, also if possible name them here) ? Any issues or battery problems you facing ? You have iPhone of iPad ?
I am on 5.1.1 on my 4S and am not sure if i should go to iOS 6.1 or not and looks like i don't have much time since apple has already released iOS 6.1.1 beta so the final version of 6.1.X can come anytime soon which will surely close the signing window of 6.1

Mine is IPAD 3.I just installed all my past contents as i had to make a clean instal and have just connected to pc to fully charge and test it.

One note please try to download the contents in one go as i guess itunes download doesnt resume support 4 times i cancelled or paused and later i realised it starts from begining.Had to download 1.11gb iOS 6.1.Than Jb it.

Guys my iPad 4 16gb wifi is about a month old. Now Im updating it to 6.1. Iam currently using kuaiyong and everything is fine. Now if I jailbreak, will I lose all apps from kuaiyong? Also will I be able to go online in Modern Combat 4 etc(it is possible with kuaiyong). Also since I use kuaiyong, I dont sync with iTunes, but now to start jailbreaking I need to backup, so what is to be done? And any things to be vary of? Im kinda scared though I root my android phones the day I buy them. Is there any way for Apple to detect it and ban my device or something? Or can games ban me from going online? And what is the safest way to get jailed again without losing warranty? Thanks and sorry for too many questions :) @red dragon

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys my iPad 4 16gb wifi is about a month old. Now Im updating it to 6.1. Iam currently using kuaiyong and everything is fine. Now if I jailbreak, will I lose all apps from kuaiyong? Also will I be able to go online in Modern Combat 4 etc(it is possible with kuaiyong). Also since I use kuaiyong, I dont sync with iTunes, but now to start jailbreaking I need to backup, so what is to be done? And any things to be vary of? Im kinda scared though I root my android phones the day I buy them. Is there any way for Apple to detect it and ban my device or something? Or can games ban me from going online? And what is the safest way to get jailed again without losing warranty? Thanks and sorry for too many questions :) red dragon

You can selectively not sync the apps at all and keep the apps in the iPad itself. Just that you won't have any backup anywhere.
I do the same with my devices. No app syncing, music etc is synced like always.
Just remove the tick besides SYNC APPS under your iPad in iTunes.
Never heard devices getting banned because of jailbreaking except sometimes when some apps refuse to work completely (like skype etc) if your device is JB'ken.
But there are ways around that so you don't need to worry.

I many a times use the iPad to download torrents using iTransmission. Sometimes i need to keep the iPad on full night while it is downloading torrents. But i see that many a times, the torrent download gets paused which i don't wish happens. How can i ensure that my downloads go on and on without they getting paused when iPad is locked.

- - - Updated - - -

Use command prompt for all vcf files like

Go to the directory where all the .vcf files are than enter the following DOS command: copy *.vcf all.vcf

Now you will get a new file as all.vcf in the contacts folder. Import that directly to Google and than sync those contacts via Google to your iApple device.

You can use carddav or microsoft exchange. I prefer carddav for calenders, contacts and for email I am using Google gmail app.

No idea abt appcake since I don't use piracy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back