The iPhone 5 thread

This is a cat and mouse game, Apple may make good products but its expensive and not for the masses . Android is for the masses and has good market share. Buy whatever you can afford. I have used ios 5, but I prefer Android phone any day.

^

Err... FAIL.

That's just one benchmark not benchmarkS. Anyway it's already proved now the GS3 doesn't stand anywhere near the Iphone 5 in terms of Graphics and Browser performance.

Yes iPhone 5 is powerful in terms of hardware also there is a price difference between S3 and iPhone 5 but there is an issue with the Black version of iPhone 5. Even out of the box you can see black coating is coming off and you can easily see aluminium silver marks. I suggest buy white version.
Regards

Just an FYI for people planning to get the iPhone 5. The verizon model is GSM unlocked out of the box and it won't be locked in future as well. So one can very well buy a verizon iPhone 5 and use an Indian SIM (or for that matter any GSM SIM) and use it.

Right. But many a times people sell them on ebay and that's where one can get the verizon version.

Very true. I might be getting a 32 and a 64GB model very soon.
The only thing stopping me is the OOB issues that people are facing,especially the Touchscreen issue and the paint chipping issue.
If there is a touchscreen issue i would have to send it back to US for getting it exchanged which would mean more costs for me and time wastage for my sister there.

Just an FYI for people planning to get the iPhone 5. The verizon model is GSM unlocked out of the box and it won't be locked in future as well. So one can very well buy a verizon iPhone 5 and use an Indian SIM (or for that matter any GSM SIM) and use it.

So if a person in USA buys a iPhone from Verizon with contract and if he wants to opt out of contract then what he has to do. How much he has to pay.
I am asking if its possible to get this phone in a cheap way.

So if a person in USA buys a iPhone from Verizon with contract and if he wants to opt out of contract then what he has to do. How much he has to pay.
I am asking if its possible to get this phone in a cheap way.

You need to pay ETF (Early Termination Fee) to get out of contract and it varies from carrier to carrier. You can refer Verizon website to check for their fees. But it is always better to get from someone on eBay or similar.
Whatever you do, don't get high hopes of getting cheap iPhone 5 in US too.

Like AT&T has fees of 325$ I think, which means on contract you pay 199$ and then say after a month you plan to break contract and pay ETF of 325$ then total is 199$+325$+one month charges plus something else which will bring total cost to same as it would be unlocked.
I might be wrong and calculations may be off the way.

Still there is no update from verizon,they can lock the Phones Over the air via update..
Same thing happened with last year Sprint Iphones 4s,first they were all unlocked and suddenly sprint came with this Policy...
Sprint pushes SIM lock to iPhone 4S customers, offers to undo it for good boys and girls - Engadget

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/11/11/sprint-will-begin-locking-iphone-4s-sims-on-november-11/

Its Called The Haunt of 11/11/11 For sprint Iphone 4s ;)

Still there is no update from verizon,they can lock the Phones Over the air via update..
Same thing happened with last year Sprint Iphones 4s,first they were all unlocked and suddenly sprint came with this Policy...
Sprint pushes SIM lock to iPhone 4S customers, offers to undo it for good boys and girls - Engadget

Sprint will begin locking iPhone 4S SIMs on November 11 | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Its Called The Haunt of 11/11/11 For sprint Iphone 4s ;)
They cant lock it as per FCC regulation for 700 MHz(LTE).

Verizon Wireless confirms iPhone 5 to remain unlocked forever - National Technology | Examiner.com

No response from the community for the drop test video? That's definitely weird!

Oh wait, the iPhone survived! :p

Back