The iPhone 5 thread

Looks like a scam.. iDiots buying it thinking they will be first in line without realizing that they won't get it for over a month.

If he sells all 4 he can fly to any country and pick them up...

destiny, dkpl2004

What's the idea behind quoting images immediately after the posts you are replying to ?

I hope the mods/admins discourage this and place reminders in such posts as well. The 3 posts looks like bogeys in a train.

How the heck can it be so expensive...? I was thinking it would max. out to 50K...tops.

You got better chances of winning the state lottery by using permutation/combination with probability than be cracking that query. :)

How the heck can it be so expensive...? I was thinking it would max. out to 50K...tops.

I recall the 4S sold for a similar price when it was announced and the launch was due. And it sold some units as well. These are not meant for the aam aadmi but for those rich impatient ones. :p

Awesome way to describe big fail of iphone 5 mapping application...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348227324787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348227324787.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 161
Read that Google maps coming to iOS 6 is a rumor mostly. This is sad. I seriously hope google maps does come as standalone application.

Read that Google maps coming to iOS 6 is a rumor mostly. This is sad. I seriously hope google maps does come as standalone application.

Well, every user wish that but even if Google submits the app to Apple, it would be interesting to see how quickly and whether in fact, it approves the Google Map or not.

Btw one thing i want to say, Apple Fked up big time with new Maps app on iOS 6, at least for us who live in India. People who use google maps on iOS should not upgrade to iOS 6 (thus downgrading maps). For India, i feel the maps will be a joke. I have not checked it personally but if someone has then please enlighten us on how it is. And i have no hopes of a dedicated Google maps coming to iOS ever. Will have to do with the web based maps which works pretty well (touchwood).

Ya i have tested and it is a joke lol, will take sometime to improve i guess.

I don't understand why people take this phone thing so seriously. Buy whatever you like and let others, its not like apple or samsung is giving it for free. If apple or samsung will be poor products, people will automatically stop buying them and everything will work itself out. calling names because someone has apple or samsung is really pathetic.

Is this is an iphone 5 bash thread or a legit one discussing the phone? Seems ridiculous that people ignorantly bash a phone which out performs every android device on the market.

AnandTech - The iPhone 5 Performance Preview

All fine and dandy Sire.

But I can interpret the above mentioned, read 'emboldened' any which way I please.

If you buy a phone, PC, camcorder (OR any other electronic consumable) only by looking at its benchmark numbers then everyone of us should tote around an Intel powered PC, nVidia Kepler graphics card and nothing but D-SLR's with Instagram on our smartphones.

I am not going to say SAMSUNG / Google are Angels but the fact is, I will be able to do a lot, maybe every 'revolutionary' feature that the iPhone5 has introduced with an Android device that retails at half-price, 4" screen -- SAMSUNG Galaxy S Advance / Ace 2, MOTOROLA Atrix 2; Panorama picture capability -- SONY XPERIA go / Sola / U (just download a simple application from the Google store / Apple App Store); slim and light, if you cannot carry a ~150gm phone too bad mate you need to seriously build up.

All we (at-least the most sane and rational ones of us) are saying is that Apple should seriously do a little bit of fact finding before calling its products 'revolutionary'. They kicked Google Maps fine but they hamstrung a lot of users with a sub-par experience (Google services are not perfect) but seriously to screw up with the wondrous disappearances and relocations -- London, is not in England on the Thames it is in Ontario state, Canada. Huh!

A stupid new proprietary connector, SONY backed off its vindictive streak by packing up its proprietary standards like that stupid charger / ear-phone plug-point in the Sony Ericsson handsets and the SONY M2 /MMC flash-memory line.

And I have no qualms if you feel I have flamed you because you see we are a free nation (thankfully) and we can harbour our own thoughts on certain facts and this means we need to have a slightly thick skin to deflect criticism of our view points OR whilst airing our dirt in the public. No hard feelings. Peace!

iPhone 4 launched :
Android fags : Ooh, what a shitty hardware, I have pentacore CPU, 6GB RAM, 20MP camera and it still lags. iPhone is sooo yesterday

iPhone 5 launched :
*iPhone 5 outperforms every smartphone*
Android fags : Ooh, benchmarks are not everything

Actually I was quite surprised by reading the Anandtech review few days ago. Apple outperforms quad core devices by quite a margin and that is impressive. And if you forget about the iPhone 4/4S design the iPhone 5 looks one of the best looking device out there. The only thing which actually feels lacking is the iOS itself, powerful yet boring.

Apple seriously needs to update the iOS now. Everything else looks good in practicality.

I use an iPhone 4.

Back