The Last of Us - Discussion Thread

@Black_Hawk - Does that mean you found the glitch as well?

The Movie bit - Truth be told 'Last of Us' is 'Dil Hai ki Manta Nahi' (Inspired by 'It Happened One Night') with a few twists.

Guys I am playing this game, had completed playing unchartered 3 recently. But after playing UC3, Last of Us feels bad.
I mean the cinematics and the graphics in UC3 seemed far more better then last of us , do you'll too feel that way

Guys I am playing this game, had completed playing unchartered 3 recently. But after playing UC3, Last of Us feels bad.
I mean the cinematics and the graphics in UC3 seemed far more better then last of us , do you'll too feel that way

I don't think so. Uncharted 3 has a lot of bloom effect where everything has a subtle glow and it is meant to be like that because you are into an adventure game where you are supposed to explore and discover wonders.

The Last of Us represents a world in ruins where everything is dead or decayed if not then decaying or dying. You might as well call it the gloom effect. Worry not mate there are a number of levels which will be a treat to your eyes as they will contain wilderness, snow, a dam etc., That will take a while till then enjoy the ruins.

I don't think so. Uncharted 3 has a lot of bloom effect where everything has a subtle glow and it is meant to be like that because you are into an adventure game where you are supposed to explore and discover wonders.

The Last of Us represents a world in ruins where everything is dead or decayed if not then decaying or dying. You might as well call it the gloom effect. Worry not mate there are a number of levels which will be a treat to your eyes as they will contain wilderness, snow, a dam etc., That will take a while till then enjoy the ruins.

I've played around 15% of the game now and yes I got to agree with you, the game seems far better now.
It was probably the effect of UC3 bloom effect as you said. I also had to crank up the brightness a little bit.

i also felt similar when had started playing TLOU after UC3; didn't like UC3 as compared to UC2 much, but TLOU anyway felt bland to me earlier (and same to a friend) - slow pace, little-to-no sprinting, etc. however, the game starts gripping you gradually, and THEN when you move further do you feel that it somehow is a little more than 'just' a game!

P.S. - in the looks and environment, TLOU feels similar to Tomb Raider.

i also felt similar when had started playing TLOU after UC3; didn't like UC3 as compared to UC2 much, but TLOU anyway felt bland to me earlier (and same to a friend) - slow pace, little-to-no sprinting, etc. however, the game starts gripping you gradually, and THEN when you move further do you feel that it somehow is a little more than 'just' a game!

P.S. - in the looks and environment, TLOU feels similar to Tomb Raider.

Yes apparently I am playing TR too but kept it aside after I started TLOU.

Gotta agree the game feels more then just a game. For example, at times especially when stealth is needed I actually had my heart beat faster.

Yes apparently I am playing TR too but kept it aside after I started TLOU.

Gotta agree the game feels more then just a game. For example, at times especially when stealth is needed I actually had my heart beat faster.

yes! the nice SFX, plus no BGM, all made it at times feel like a mix of playing a movie (but very unlike heavy rain) and engaged in a real-life encounter!

The Last of Us DLC, "Left Behind," will launch on Feb. 14

The first DLC extension for The Last of Us, "Left Behind," will launch on Feb. 14, Neil Druckmann of Naughty Dog said in a Tweet this afternoon.

The chapter is a prequel to the main story, hadn't been officially dated before. "Left Behind" will explore the friendship between Ellie and another young survivor named Riley, before Ellie meets Joel, the protagonist of the main game.

Source: Kotaku & Neil Druckmann Twitter

It actually means TLOU PS3 multiplayer servers will be closing soon after this release. Nothing else. Everything else is BS. Targeted towards some S*## public (especially american).

It actually means TLOU PS3 multiplayer servers will be closing soon after this release. Nothing else. Everything else is BS. Targeted towards some S*## public (especially american).

Didn't care much for multiplayer in TLOU but I really hate Sony for pulling stunts like this. With release of Gran Turismo 6 they closed servers for Gran Turismo 5. Indirectly forcing you to buy the new game to continue racing online. The same thing happened with Resistance 1, 2 and 3. Despite being old games, each one of them had a number of players playing at all times.

Has anyone tried 'Left Behind'?

The multiplayer of this game is quite different & punishing than other games. Its not linear.Need strategy & good team work. I am already tired of building clans. :banghead:

Well some people may support its multiplayer but its just stupid. To get the journey trophy you have to survive 12 weeks. Now in between you get sub missions where you may risk 100% population loss. If you fail here the game resets to week 1 & you have to play again.:banghead: I am not sure If I would continue this stupidity.

Last edited:
Back