The Last of Us - Discussion Thread

I'm just hoping they don't push the release date

I almost felt like I'm watching a TV Series

I'll probably need to borrow my friend's PS3. Update his firmware and then play this game, unless some mircale graces the 3.55 side. :D

You never know. Knowing what happened with Uncharted 3. :p

Anyways its a long shot from now. I'd want Naughty Dog to reveal the release date for this one. The trailers and screenshots seem to have set the bar really high.

I dont like TV series.Btw for me this game looks like a movie so did UC3 thats why i liked it.:).I would expect a multiplayer here too.:D

God of War: Ascension Will Feature Exclusive Demo for The Last of Us

And with that, the commercial aspect of SCE Santa Monica’s next venture is comfortably sealed.

Although The Last of Us, Naughty Dog’s next big action adventure title that has been impressing all and sundry with its art style and design, will be releasing on May 7th for PS3, players can get a little sneak preview when an exclusive demo releases alongside God of War: Ascension on March 12th for North America.

The demo will be featured directly on the game disc, and accessed directly from the main menu. As of now, no details have been given as to what’s in the demo. But hey, element of surprise and whatnot. Should be worth a look.

God of War: Ascension, by the way, is still very much a big deal. As a prequel to the series, it will be the first game to feature multiplayer and cover the back-story leading up to the battle with Ares.

Source: Gaming Bolt

A brilliant preview of the demo - The Last of Us: Naughty Dog owns stealth survival horror | VG247

Due to the stealthy nature of the game, you won’t find the kind of epic set pieces we’ve come to expect from Naughty Dog thanks to what they’ve done with the Uncharted series. It’s just not that kind of game, as you might have realized from my descriptions of the gameplay above. But they did design the game with a similar philosophy to their other current generation games in that they have had some idea of the type of sensory experience they wanted to craft before building the story.

By that point, too, I had learned the value of crafting, which is a necessity in surviving The Last of Us. As you explore, you’ll collect a variety of seeming pointless items like scissors and tape and glass bottles. With the crafting system Naughty Dog has built, you will use those items to put together useful things like Molotov cocktails and shivs, and they also allow you to upgrade our weapons. A pipe is nice on its own, as it will allow you to take down a Runner twice as quickly as if you are just using your fists, but if you combine your pipe with blades from scissors, you can kill them with one hit. Upgrading will also allow your improvised weapons to last longer, as they can only stand a limited number of hits before breaking.

So if you try to approach The Last of Us the way you would any other stealth game, like I did, you will be beating your head against a wall. In the first serious encounter with these enemies — an area that contained five or six Runners and one Clicker, I died over and over again without making significant headway. I became immensely frustrated, and I started to worry that the game might be unbalanced and far too difficult.

Can't wait to play the demo next month! :p

Crap! That looks pretty scary to me. :( Imagine playing it on a big display with a nice sound system and lights off.

Looks like there are going to be a lot of these crawl in the dark type of sequences in the game.

Back