The Lego (and Knockoffs) Thread

Ordered this from the recent AliExpress 11.11 Sale:

Capture.jpg

:)
Have you bought from this company before? How was the quality?

As someone who grew up on LEGO i was very very skeptical on trying something like Lepin, but LEGO's availability in India is just not that good (For Ideas/Creator/UCS Sets). Just ordered this Lepin one via Aliex, will share the completed build/share my thoughts once its here.

ezgif-2-192e98db34d2.jpg

For some reason when I try to search for this on ali it gives an error "search results have been hidden due to your local law and regulations".

Never seen such an arror. Did you guys use VPN to order these?

Does anyone have suggestions for containers with clasp to store lego pieces? I got 2 from local market and they are absolute trash. I would like them to be transparent but it is ok if it is opaque too. If you have a container, please show us so we can probably get some idea out of it.
Any knockoff lego sellers on aliexpress who aren't charging arm and leg for shipping? We can then check all the listings of that seller to see what we want.

Last edited:
bumping up an old thread.

Where can I buy Lego toys in Bangalore or online?
My son is asking for a Aeroplane and what I am seeing in Amazon cost a bomb (38K, 18K :eek: ).

Hamleys store keep some lego stuffs. But one I went to (at Nexus Shantiniketan) doesn't have any stock and I can see similar complain in google map reviews of other such stores.

My son is asking for a Aeroplane and what I am seeing in Amazon cost a bomb (38K, 18K :eek: ).

Hamleys store keep some lego stuffs. But one I went to (at Nexus Shantiniketan) doesn't have any stock and I can see similar complain in google map reviews of other such stores.

You do have toys r us right? Did you check there?

If you're ok without the Lego brand : https://mayatoys.in/product/sluban-...vzfgxQL1YpMR6S-87dJd-kUOEi-o1ez0aAqBtEALw_wcB

For that amount on Amazon you can buy a return ticket to a good destination & experience the plane itself

Right, so reviving the thread...

In 2020 I happened to order a Chinese micro-block set from AliExpress and it came just as the ban on Chinese goods in India was laid and shipping from AE was stopped. I actually received it during the first wave of COVID IIRC and quarantined the package indefinitely, LoL! The package came by standard India Post shipping and no Customs Duty was charged for it.

Post that period I got busy with shifting base in 2021 and first half of 2022 and never really got around building this micro-block set, until a few days ago. I had kept the set safely in my stash, well packed because even losing 1 pack of blocks would make the entire set useless. That would be a shame.

Jumping to NOW: With all the festival holidays and a break from traveling and waiting at layovers in international airports I thought it would be a good time to put my head together to building this set. I already knew that this would be a big build and also the sheer number of micro-blocks in the build was very overwhelming at first! But I knew I would be spreading the build over a few days with absolutely no rush and thus gathered my wits together and began blocking with a purpose...

Here are the photos of the build:

IMG_20220829_130834.jpg

Total Number of Blocks = 1,860 (Yes, that's One Thousand Eight Hundred and Sixty Blocks)!!
Micro-Blocks meaning the single blocks are smaller when compared to a standard single block of LEGO.
The bowls I stole temporarily from the crockery cupboard!

IMG_20220829_130913.jpg

IMG_20220829_130921.jpg

IMG_20220829_131001.jpg

^^ Blocks Close-up shots!

IMG_20220907_135137.jpg

^^ And the build starts... laying the foundation right was crucial. The manual that comes with this build set is only half decent and nothing detailed and well explained like the manuals that come with LEGO sets. A little dampening but can be worked with.

IMG_20220907_135203.jpg

IMG_20220907_135213.jpg

^^ Iceberg building with transparent white single and dual blocks.

IMG_20220909_180004.jpg

^^ Slowly taking shape!

IMG_20220912_130849.jpg

IMG_20220912_130906.jpg

^^ Patience was key! Block by Block. Layer by Layer.

IMG_20220915_181001.jpg

^^ Iceberg fully built!

IMG_20220913_234641.jpg

^^ All 4 Smokestacks fully built. This was arguably the hardest part of the build for me. The manual was sketchy on showing how to lay the blocks in each layer of smokestack and following the images lead me nowhere. That's where Youtube came in very handy! There is a full build video of this on YT and I followed it for this Smokestack part only. Before resorting to the video however I made countless mistakes in laying the blocks and each time detaching the blocks was a big pain. Had to use a small hammer and screwdriver to separate the micro-blocks from each other by creating a wedge between them. Never had to do this for any LEGO set till date! Thankfully, got it all done in the end which is what counts.

IMG_20220916_135201.jpg

^^ All Smokestacks in place! While attaching them to the body of the vessel I actually ended up breaking one smokestack (ouch!) and had to re-build that one from scratch again before fixing it in it's slot for good.

And now for the final build photos, all set and completed here is the...

The RMS TITANIC (1,860 Blocks):

IMG_20220926_132142.jpg

IMG_20220926_132249.jpg

IMG_20220926_132259.jpg

IMG_20220926_132930.jpg

^^ Size comparison with a Standard Hot Wheels 1:64 scale model.

So, it's done! Completed. After keeping the blocks in a well packed box for 2 years I finally ended up building it! Feel like unlocking the hardest Achievement in a Video Game, LoL! The build took me a few days for sure and there were times where the micro-blocks weren't easy to set in or remove (my trusty small hammer and screwdriver helped a lot in the latter case!) but it didn't frustrate me to the point of rage quitting. I had set my mind to it and took it piece by piece, page by page of the manual. The Smokestacks for me was the part that made me hit my head against the wall but once I had the pattern mastered it fell into place, albeit with difficulty. Yes, the micro-blocks did give me some sore fingers and working with LEGO blocks is infinitely smoother but this set was really worth it in the end. Really does look convincingly good.

Best reaction I got was from my Mom when I showed her the fully built set... she said " My God you had the patience to build something with 1800 blocks but you say you don't have the patience to get married and live happily ever after"!! :tearsofjoy:

Hope you enjoyed the photos folks and keep block-ing! Cheers!!

Attachments

• IMG_20220916_135201.jpg
    IMG_20220916_135201.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 66
@Black_Hawk @raksrules
How do you guys manage to get these. I am okay with products available in India but from abroad. Makes me want to splurge again.
Been aeons since I played with those kits. I got thrashed at home if one small piece injures someone's feet. My worst experience was when our family pup swallowed these and we had to rush to the vet next door to get it out. I was punished severly for it. That was the end of Lego and me. I never had such elaborate kits. The maximum was 200 or so. But it would take atleast a couple of hours on a Saturday to complete it. The best part was you can dismantle it and build another model with the same kit. And then dismantle and do it once again. Looking forward to see progress of Dubai kit.

@Black_Hawk @raksrules
How do you guys manage to get these. I am okay with products available in India but from abroad. Makes me want to splurge again.
Been aeons since I played with those kits. I got thrashed at home if one small piece injures someone's feet. My worst experience was when our family pup swallowed these and we had to rush to the vet next door to get it out. I was punished severly for it. That was the end of Lego and me. I never had such elaborate kits. The maximum was 200 or so. But it would take atleast a couple of hours on a Saturday to complete it. The best part was you can dismantle it and build another model with the same kit. And then dismantle and do it once again. Looking forward to see progress of Dubai kit.

I had actually posted links for some LEGO sets which were on discount on the Amazon Deal's thread here on TE in the recent Amazon month long Diwali Sale which just ended. Some LEGO Marvel along with Technics sets had discount coupons available on them ranging anywhere between 500 to 1,500 bucks which you could apply and buy.

I got the above Marvel Gauntlet for 4.9k (with a Rs.1,500/- discount coupon applied). Now the price is back up to 8.9k on Amazon.

Links are here:

Amazon: Lego Marvel Infinity Gauntlet - 8.9k
Flipkart: Lego Marvel Infinity Gauntlet - 6.7k (It's Flipkart Assured).

Made the Dubai Architecture set today. Looks small but took lot of effort and time due to small pieces. My 8 year old ditched me in middle and I had to continue making entire set.
3A4A96AC-9520-4C2D-ABB4-352212CCC2CB.jpeg
34DF0F31-C20B-475D-B3C3-8ACEA66DEE44.jpeg
D1515CA8-4EDE-47E8-A843-A5300AE22604.jpeg
291DEBEA-D96F-4F0A-98DD-6C48BD5D4139.jpeg
69D44814-4774-4490-9F33-E0D4064B0A6B.jpeg

@?dOuBtFiRe?

I got the Dubai architecture from a shop (Borders) in Dubai Mall (for 215 AED). The same set was selling at MRP (more than 260 AED) in official lego store and few other shops). The lego man head storage was bought from Legoland Dubai shop. Glad I bought from there as the same wasn't available in offical lego store in Dubai mall. The lego shop in Dubai Legoland is claimed to be largest Lego store in middle east.

Dubai set looks relatively easier than the Titanic model. The blocks are unique too in this and the guantlet. I always saw only square/rectangular blocks when I was a kid.
The joy of building one with your kids is worth more than anything you spend on. Don't worry, your child will find this joy soon and support you in the future.
Too bad I missed deals.

Played a lot with Lego as a child. Solace for monsoon vacations. Got a boxed kit last year for my 4y. He loves it. Had to get a larger base plate though. Really helps for creativity and motor skills. Best toy in the world.

Back