~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hey bro ,

One of my friends needed advice on a good phone for music via earphones.

He checked out the 5800 XM but didnt like the shape/size.

He had a sony earlier and was happy with the sound quality.

Can you advice for him a good phone with exceptional sound quality?

His budget could fall between 8k-14k

Thanks

kaiserbreath said:
Hey bro ,

One of my friends needed advice on a good phone for music via earphones.

He checked out the 5800 XM but didnt like the shape/size.

He had a sony earlier and was happy with the sound quality.

Can you advice for him a good phone with exceptional sound quality?

His budget could fall between 8k-14k

Thanks

Best audio quality & 3.5mm jack :

Nokia 5310 XM ~ 8K*

Samsung i450 ~ 11.6K*

Moto ROKR E8 ~ 12.3K*

Nokia N79 ~ 14.3K*

And should a 3.5mm ADAPTER do, consider the SE W705 and SE W595.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

thanks TTM u r doing an awesome job by helping others. i bought 5800 and as u know there is no pouch with the phone, by any way do u know where to get one? like the original one.

lilboy said:
i bought 5800 and as u know there is no pouch with the phone, by any way do u know where to get one? like the original one.

The price reduction of Nokia 5800 XpressMusic came up as surprise.

There are some catches though:

1. The video-out hardware is not available.

2. Video-out cable is removed.

3. Additional stylus is removed.

4. Pouch is removed.

5. Stand is removed.

Many buyers are not aware of this new version.

^ Now you know why. ;)

You can always purchase original accessories from a Nokia priority dealer.

Just was browsing through the forum ! And seeing ur replies :clap:

Just a suggestion that it would be nice if u could edit the First post of the thread and have details like

Have category like Phones under 10k, 15k, 20k, 25k and 25 above
And have these categories under the above ones
Best Music Phone
Best Camera Phone
Business Phone
Best All-round phone

ajay387 said:
Just was browsing through the forum ! And seeing ur replies :clap:

Just a suggestion that it would be nice if u could edit the First post of the thread and have details like

Have category like Phones under 10k, 15k, 20k, 25k and 25 above

And have these categories under the above ones

Best Music Phone

Best Camera Phone

Business Phone

Best All-round phone

I used to post such lists earlier but then the queries got a lot more specific, requiring limited options. So it wouldn't really benefit anyone here.

Moreover, such lists would have to be frequently updated to enlist newer options.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

~ T.T.M ~

Hi.
My budget is 15k.
I wanted a camera focused killer looking SE phone...Nokias would be a 2nd priority....What do u think about the c901 and the c903...Also tell me about their prices..

Essentially I wanted to get the SE Aino which is coming out this weekend for 22k...I know this info because of insider sources...I really loved the phone as far as what it looked like on gsmarena....Its partial touch features, 8.1mp cam, charging dock and looks coupled with mindblowig features really got me hooked on but my mom doesnt want me to spend that much on a phone as she thinks its a waste of money me being a college going boy and all...So when it comes out in the weekend, I will go and check it out and pick it up if I really like...

Just wanted to have some more options in terms of the SE's I mentioned...5800XM looks killer due to the new price too....

Please help me out here....I like SE's basically and Ive noticed that you dont recommend many cybershots when helping ppl but I specifically like them..Call me biased...

TerrorBlade said:
Hi.

My budget is 15k.

I wanted a camera focused killer looking SE phone...Nokias would be a 2nd priority....What do u think about the c901 and the c903...Also tell me about their prices..

Essentially I wanted to get the SE Aino which is coming out this weekend for 22k...I know this info because of insider sources...I really loved the phone as far as what it looked like on gsmarena....Its partial touch features, 8.1mp cam, charging dock and looks coupled with mindblowig features really got me hooked on but my mom doesnt want me to spend that much on a phone as she thinks its a waste of money me being a college going boy and all...So when it comes out in the weekend, I will go and check it out and pick it up if I really like...

Just wanted to have some more options in terms of the SE's I mentioned...5800XM looks killer due to the new price too....

Please help me out here....I like SE's basically and Ive noticed that you dont recommend many cybershots when helping ppl but I specifically like them..Call me biased...

It's not that I don't recommend Cybershots RATHER them not meeting the member's overall requirements. Rest assured, all the brands (except the cheap chinese ones) are considered while making recommendations. :)

That apart, your best option would be the SE C903 (15.9K*) !

It also beats the SE C902 in terms of value.

The SE C901 has got a great camera but seems a distant option with a possibly higher price tag and its uncertain availability.

What else?

The Nokia 6500 Classic (13.1K*) is your next best option followed by the Samsung F480 (13.9K*).

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

TTM , in my city 3G will be launched till March 2010 , I thought I need diwali self buy gift for myself as Samsung star 3G , should I wait till March assuming there will be more 3G models or more price drop like that ? just need your view :)

multi said:
TTM , in my city 3G will be launched till March 2010 , I thought I need diwali self buy gift for myself as Samsung star 3G , should I wait till March assuming there will be more 3G models or more price drop like that ? just need your view :)

Going by the pace at which manufacturers are launching new models, I suggest you wait till then, to get a gem of a device. :)

Looking for a phone for my sister. Budget 15k, her main requirement is music and camera and that it should look stylish. I had recommended her N79 as I want her to have Symbian to install Fringe and other similar apps. I know for sure you can do voice chat using fringe on symbian phones but dont know if it works on Java based fringe application which is quite basic.
Now the question is do the non S60 phones in this budget offer Fring with voice chat capabilities. Is there another phone in this budget which meets her criteria. And yeah, lot of texting, so touch screens out.

thetoxicmind said:
It's not that I don't recommend Cybershots RATHER them not meeting the member's overall requirements. Rest assured, all the brands (except the cheap chinese ones) are considered while making recommendations. :)

That apart, your best option would be the SE C903 (15.9K*) !
It also beats the SE C902 in terms of value.

The SE C901 has got a great camera but seems a distant option with a possibly higher price tag and its uncertain availability.

What else?

The Nokia 6500 Classic (13.1K*) is your next best option followed by the Samsung F480 (13.9K*).

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

What do you think about the SE Aino...DO you think it would be worth spending 22k on? In the sense as an all in one device.....

Dad needs to buy a sturdy one..for 4k max.
Only needs are good battery life and FM player
If other goodies are featured then its an added bonus
Please pour in your suggestions, mostly gona buy today itself.

TIA.

I have been looking for a phone after my sis took my n73 . I wanted to buy 5800 but its 14k here and my wife doesnt want me to get that pricy one so looked at samsung star @ 9k but i didnt like it . Plus she doesnt want me to buy 5130 as she has it just bought 2 weeks ago . . Think i must buy 5800 and hide for some time lol ;) . . What say . . And heard its price has come down further but my place still has it in 14k . . Think i must wait a little . . .?

Any other suggestion below 9k to beat samsung star in looks and feature . . Plus i need to use gprs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back