~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

gigy said:
Is Acer F900 worth 25k?

Apart from the average battery life, it's a great device !

Lowest price : 23K

TerrorBlade said:
What do you think about the SE Aino...DO you think it would be worth spending 22k on? In the sense as an all in one device.....

Would be a sweet deal if priced at 22K.

Great set of features too.

Although I wouldn't prefer a normal keypad in addition to a 3" touchscreen display.

~ T.T.M ~

WingZero said:
Dad needs to buy a sturdy one..for 4k max.
Only needs are good battery life and FM player
If other goodies are featured then its an added bonus
Please pour in your suggestions, mostly gona buy today itself.

TIA.

again i will suggest Nokia 2700C ...4k, 2MP cam, 3.5 mm Jack, FM, Music player, Expansion slot.

techcheat said:
Looking for a phone for my sister. Budget 15k, her main requirement is music and camera and that it should look stylish. I had recommended her N79 as I want her to have Symbian to install Fringe and other similar apps. I know for sure you can do voice chat using fringe on symbian phones but dont know if it works on Java based fringe application which is quite basic.

Now the question is do the non S60 phones in this budget offer Fring with voice chat capabilities. Is there another phone in this budget which meets her criteria. And yeah, lot of texting, so touch screens out.

It's called Fring.

And non Symbian phones only support miniFring (no voice chat).

So, options with Symbian OS :

Nokia 5800 XM ~ 13.3K*

Nokia N79 ~ 14.3K*

Other Options :

SE C903 ~ 15.9K*

SE W705 ~ 13.9K*

Nokia 6700 Classic ~ 13.1K*

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

WingZero said:
Dad needs to buy a sturdy one..for 4k max.

Only needs are good battery life and FM player

If other goodies are featured then its an added bonus

Please pour in your suggestions, mostly gona buy today itself.

TIA.

Your Options :

LG GB270 ~ 4.3K*

LG GM210 ~ 4.1K*

Nokia 2700 Classic ~ 4K*

SE T280 ~ 4K*

Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 3.9K*

Samsung J150 ~ 3.7K*

Samsung C3010 ~ 3.3K*

Nokia 2330 Classic ~ 3K*

You could narrow it down based on the pricing, styling and features.

~ T.T.M ~

thetoxicmind said:
Your Options :

LG GB270 ~ 4.3K*

LG GM210 ~ 4.1K*

Nokia 2700 Classic ~ 4K*

SE T280 ~ 4K*

Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 3.9K*

Samsung J150 ~ 3.7K*

Samsung C3010 ~ 3.3K*

Nokia 2330 Classic ~ 3K*

You could narrow it down based on the pricing, styling and features.

~ T.T.M ~

Much appreciated. Wt would be ur personal take?..

I tend to get the 2700c

phuchungbhutia said:
I have been looking for a phone after my sis took my n73 . I wanted to buy 5800 but its 14k here and my wife doesnt want me to get that pricy one so looked at samsung star @ 9k but i didnt like it . Plus she doesnt want me to buy 5130 as she has it just bought 2 weeks ago . . Think i must buy 5800 and hide for some time lol ;) . . What say . . And heard its price has come down further but my place still has it in 14k . . Think i must wait a little . . .?

Any other suggestion below 9k to beat samsung star in looks and feature . . Plus i need to use gprs.

The Nokia 5800 XM's price will eventually come down.

Options with touchscreen display (~ 9K) :

LG KP500 Cookie ~ 9.2K*

Samsung Star S5233 ~ 8.5K*

Samsung Corby S3653 ~ 8K

~ T.T.M ~

WingZero said:
Much appreciated. Wt would be ur personal take?..

I tend to get the 2700c

My take on this wouldn't help. :p

Are you gifting this phone to him?

If not, show him (online or offline) the models I mentioned and see which one he likes best.

He's going to use it after all. :)

FYI, They all are pretty decent.

guys thiz is sathyan from chenai going to buy a phone within a week.my budget is than 10k i am interested in sony ericcson because of its looks and sound feauture.. suggest me some models of sony ericsson less than 10k i found these 3 to be less than 10k Sony Ericsson W910i ,Sony Ericsson S500,Sony Ericsson W580i ..all of them got more or less same feautres which fone can i go for?????????????????/

sathinfotrix said:
guys thiz is sathyan from chenai going to buy a phone within a week.my budget is than 10k i am interested in sony ericcson because of its looks and sound feauture.. suggest me some models of sony ericsson less than 10k i found these 3 to be less than 10k Sony Ericsson W910i ,Sony Ericsson S500,Sony Ericsson W580i ..all of them got more or less same feautres which fone can i go for?????????????????/
They are very old models. Check the Samsung star which is a decent touch phone in your budget. The sony's fast port tends to get loose after a year or so. My w580's port is very loose now(especially i have to struggle to connect the data canle :mad:). Check
Nokia's 5310-8k
Nokia 5130-5.2k
Both have 3.5mm jack. Eventhough my sony walkman earpones has a 3.5mm jack extension it is still connected with the fast port. :no:
Avoid W580i and S500(slider is not as good as the w910i). If you still insist to go with SE then go for C510 or W910i. C510 is a good all-round phone.

sathinfotrix said:

Your best option would be the SE C510 (9.2K*) followed by the SE T715 (9.7K*).

sathinfotrix said:
guys please let me know the specifications of samsung star fone how will be the sound feautres will it be more than sony ericcson tell me whether to go for sony ericcson c 510 or samsung star

Go for the Samsung Star, ONLY if you need a big, touchscreen display.

The SE C510 is a good all-rounder.

TerrorBlade said:
for around 20-22k can you please tell me all the multimedia+music phones that you recommend...

big screen with very nice looks is a must:p

And how would Aino compete?

Your Options :

Samsung S8003 Jet ~ 18.7K* (Touchscreen)

Nokia N86 ~ 20.4K*

SE W995 ~ 20.6K*

^ The Aino simply distinguishes itself with its 3" touchscreen display.

~ T.T.M ~

i also want to purchase one phone for my mother and my max. budget is Rs.2000/-.Please suggest me good option.(in Nokia or Sony),as such no special feature required

ami_07 said:
which one is the better option to go for - Micromax(Q3) or Nokia 5130 ?

what about Micromax-do they have good reporting and battery backup ?

The Nokia 5130 XM (5.1K*) is a better option.

ami_07 said:
i also want to purchase one phone for my mother and my max. budget is Rs.2000/-.Please suggest me good option.(in Nokia or Sony),as such no special feature required

For basic usage, the Samsung E1210 (1.7K*) should do.

nokia n86 is a good phone with all multimedia features packed in it. what is the current price of the phone at delhi. is there any good phone within the rang of 30k? i still cant make my mind for omnia hd (i8910). or shud i wait for HD2, n900 etc. A convincing advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back