~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Please suggest me a basic CDMA phone. Need following qualities:

1. Very strong. Mine kid is going to mostly play with it, she would throw it in air ( 3 fee), the phone should survive.

2. Good battery life.

3. Speaker phone ( if possible).

TIA!

+LT

linuxtechie said:
Please suggest me a basic CDMA phone. Need following qualities:

1. Very strong. Mine kid is going to mostly play with it, she would throw it in air ( 3 fee), the phone should survive.

2. Good battery life.

3. Speaker phone ( if possible).

TIA!

+LT
Parv is selling a really good - basic - cheap phone here on TE's Market section. check it out

Can someone suggest a phone with call filtering feature? i.e. the ability to block/drop an incoming call.

What I want is to be able to block all incoming calls that do not exist in my phone address book.

Multimedia features are not required.

A good battery life will be preferable.

I am not specifying a budget as I do not know what the budget will be for this kind of phone.

EDIT : I found this through Google http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1870

So, I am assuming I will need to use an application to do this call filtering??

what are the 3 cheapest phones in the market with Android ? Any cheap ( less than 10 k ) android based phone releasing soon that one can wait for or which is the best one below 10k right now.

Hi,
I'm looking for a mobile from which i can stay online in yahoo and facebook .
It shud be having a good flaunt value..means when someone takes in hand he shud get impressed..
Battery life shud be good.
Price not a problem can go to 30k.

puns said:
what are the 3 cheapest phones in the market with Android ? Any cheap ( less than 10 k ) android based phone releasing soon that one can wait for or which is the best one below 10k right now.
none inside 10k. Cheapest one is Samsung Spica (12k) which is now stopped. Next comes HTC Tattoo which kind of sucks. Wait for Sony Ericsson Xperia X8.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

var89 said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a mobile from which i can stay online in yahoo and facebook .

It shud be having a good flaunt value..means when someone takes in hand he shud get impressed..

Battery life shud be good.

Price not a problem can go to 30k.
1) Samsung Galaxy S i9000 : to be released in few days time. superb android phone (android)

2) Apple iphone 4 : officially available in few european countries as unlocked. one heck of a phone this is now. (iOS 4)

3) HTC HD2: best phone available in the market right now. nothing beats this phone in terms of functionality. (winmo 6.5)

Hardware Wise , definitely not.

HD2 vs Galaxy S

480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colors | 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g | Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; DLNA

448 MB RAM | 512 MB RAM

VGA@30fps Video Recording | 720p@30fps Video Recording

HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps | HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps

Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP | Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP

Snapdragon Processor | ARM Cortex A8 (better than snapdragon)

Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh | Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh

Pardon me , I just dont see the best hardware .

In terms of OS , although i feel Android 2.1 is better , i won't argue since thats personal opinion .

manu1991 said:
Hardware Wise , definitely not.

HD2 vs Galaxy S

480 x 800 pixels, 4.3 inches TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colors | 480 x 800 pixels, 4.0 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g | Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n; DLNA

448 MB RAM | 512 MB RAM

VGA@30fps Video Recording | 720p@30fps Video Recording

HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 2 Mbps | HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps

Bluetooth v2.1 with A2DP | Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP

Snapdragon Processor | ARM Cortex A8 (better than snapdragon)

Standard battery, Li-Ion 1230 mAh | Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh

Pardon me , I just dont see the best hardware .

In terms of OS , although i feel Android 2.1 is better , i won't argue since thats personal opinion .
you missed the string "right now" in my post. yes. Galaxy S is definitely better and is set to take the crown.

Ppl Posting on behalf on a frnd of mine

- Max Budget 20 k

Needs Good Android Device
Samsung Bada Wave / HTC Android Devices ~ What's better

Any suggesstions below 20k - even Nokia

stevejobs said:
Can someone suggest a phone with call filtering feature? i.e. the ability to block/drop an incoming call.

What I want is to be able to block all incoming calls that do not exist in my phone address book.

Multimedia features are not required.

A good battery life will be preferable.

I am not specifying a budget as I do not know what the budget will be for this kind of phone.

EDIT : I found this through Google BlackBerry App World - PrivacyManager Call Block Call Reject and SPAM Blocker

So, I am assuming I will need to use an application to do this call filtering??
My samsung corby has a Call Reject List option that contains all the numbers which I want to be rejected. I think a number of samsung phones have this feature. The good think is that we just have to enable the reject list option and we can keep on adding the numbers(to be blocked) in the future directly from the call manager.

dad whats to buy a new cell phone.

price range 4-5k +-10%

Requirements:

FM

Music

Physical Keypad

Good Battery Life.

my considerations:

MicroMax Q5fb ~4k

MicroMax Q7 ~5k

Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) ~5.5k

Samsung Corby TXT (B3210) ~4.5k

all above contenders are nearly perfect for the requirements.

Although it is likely impossible for dad to use net but still considered 3G as an important aspect as dad generally uses his cell phones for atleast 2yrs.

Star Nano 3G serves that purpose but without a physical keyboard.

If no other option then i will have to narrow down to MicroMax Q5fb and Q7 .. dual SIM would be a nice feature for him in that case.

now about Q5fb and Q7

i have tried my hand on Q5fb and it is a pretty neat cell for the price... sound quality is good enough. is the case same with Q7 ?? or just another rebrand kind of thing with inferior class components apart from wifi?

^Well IINM the 3G in Star Nano is only 384 Kbps whereas even edge gives u upto ~220Kbps. So not much of a jump in speed.
Why not the Nokia 5130XM? Its a proven performer with excellent SQ and good build quality and battery life.

desiibond said:
[/COLOR]
1) Samsung Galaxy S i9000 : to be released in few days time. superb android phone (android)

2) Apple iphone 4 : officially available in few european countries as unlocked. one heck of a phone this is now. (iOS 4)

3) HTC HD2: best phone available in the market right now. nothing beats this phone in terms of functionality. (winmo 6.5)

Thanks for the update.

Now its a pick between iphone4 and galaxy s...but currently i'm not seeing any reviews of iphone4 and comparison between galaxy s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back