~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hi guyz....planning to buy a mobile ..

Budget -25k.........MAX:upto 30k....if da fone is too gud

NO SYMBIAN PLZ...ny oder OS except symbian..

IT shud be gud looking

u can also check out MOTOROLA MILESTONE XT720...( may have to shell out a bit more than your budget.... not too much though... also depends on the vat/sales taxes etc)

The best thing is the Android OS (v 2.1)... so that sorts out all the problems of symbian.

Great looks.. also supports multi touch.... n' lot of stuff

Comes loaded with all u can think of n' need in a phone...

My friend got one yesterday.... 30k flat...

Am shortlisting a GPS touchscreen phone and Nokia 5230 fits the bill. Had a n00b query - does GPS works without GPRS? Also, apart from Ovi maps, can we use Satguide maps (when I buy it)?

Kneo said:
Am shortlisting a GPS touchscreen phone and Nokia 5230 fits the bill. Had a n00b query - does GPS works without GPRS? Also, apart from Ovi maps, can we use Satguide maps (when I buy it)?

GPS works without GPRS, but it takes longer time to lock onto satelites.

Kneo said:
Nokia Ovi maps on GPS enabled Nokia phone works like a charm. once in a while you will get updates for maps which is when you need GPRS/EDGE/3G.

TTM,

please suggest phones with the following requirement:

1A) WINDOWS / ANDROID (Basic requirement is to be able to access outlook express and other windows software)

2A) Decent camera and music capability

3A) WiFi (3G is not necessary however will be an added advantage if i get)

4A) If it is touch screen. then i should be able to use it with my fingers (stylus should not be mandatory)

1B) Dual SIM.

2B) Good coverage.

3B) Sturdy with decent camera and audio capability

Will be buying 2 phones

for "A" have the option of MICROMAX W900 / HTC Touch 2 and (BUDGET 12K If i get a good mobile for lesser amount it will be great)

for "B" have the option of VIDEOCON V1675. (Budget 4 - 5k)

please suggest as to buy them or do i have better options.

You did help me buy my K790I two years back and i am amazed that this thread is still running......waiting for your advice.

hussainattari said:
TTM,

please suggest phones with the following requirement:

1A) WINDOWS / ANDROID (Basic requirement is to be able to access outlook express and other windows software)

2A) Decent camera and music capability

3A) WiFi (3G is not necessary however will be an added advantage if i get)

4A) If it is touch screen. then i should be able to use it with my fingers (stylus should not be mandatory)

1B) Dual SIM.

2B) Good coverage.

3B) Sturdy with decent camera and audio capability

Will be buying 2 phones

for "A" have the option of MICROMAX W900 / HTC Touch 2 and (BUDGET 12K If i get a good mobile for lesser amount it will be great)

for "B" have the option of VIDEOCON V1675. (Budget 4 - 5k)

please suggest as to buy them or do i have better options.

You did help me buy my K790I two years back and i am amazed that this thread is still running......waiting for your advice.
1) Nokia 5800XM or SE Hazel. one is touch phone other is not. each is unique in it's own way and both cost around 12k. You can also wait for Samsung i5800 android device if you can. Given your priority, Touch2 does make sense. Are you actually looking for a phone that supports MS Exchange push email functionality?

Need a phone for a lady. Here are the requirements -

- Budget under 10k. Not a penny more!

- Candybar form factor.

- No touchscreen based inputs. A well laid out keypad ideal for texting.

- Nokia preferred to SE. No Motorola or Samsung.

- A good cam with AF.

- 3.5mm audio jack.

- Expandable memory (duh! :p).

Out of the phone scene for sometime. :ashamed:

Please suggest me the options. TIA. :)

Desecrator said:

- Candybar form factor.

- A good cam with AF.

- 3.5mm audio jack.

Nokia C5 should be perfect :)

For all those who were waiting for this phone grab one now :)

The Nokia C5 has been listed for Rs.7500(+4% VAT) --> Rs.7800 in Univercell

Nokia C5 Phone Details - quadband;3G;symbian;gps; :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories

Its a good Symbian mobile with a powerful processor and a nice alternative for ppl who dont want touch phones.

Desecrator said:

- Candybar form factor.

- A good cam with AF.

- 3.5mm audio jack.

Grab the Nokia C5. Satisfies all your criteria.

Nokia C5 review

desiibond said:
1) Nokia 5800XM or SE Hazel. one is touch phone other is not. each is unique in it's own way and both cost around 12k. You can also wait for Samsung i5800 android device if you can. Given your priority, Touch2 does make sense. Are you actually looking for a phone that supports MS Exchange push email functionality?

Yes i am looking for MS EXCHANGE....as i have a company account which is configured to OUTLOOK and which cannot be accessed through normal mail clients like gmail, hotmail etc.

also please suggest mobile options for my second phone with "B" requirement

hussainattari said:
Yes i am looking for MS EXCHANGE....as i have a company account which is configured to OUTLOOK and which cannot be accessed through normal mail clients like gmail, hotmail etc.

also please suggest mobile options for my second phone with "B" requirement
if you can pay some extra cash in data plans, a blackberry would suit your needs perfectly. I am very very weak in this dual sim phones thingie. wait for others to respond on that. Any phone that supports "Exchange ActiveSync support" will do in your case and generally Nokia E series and Blackberry are the best of the lot.

desiibond said:
if you can pay some extra cash in data plans, a blackberry would suit your needs perfectly. I am very very weak in this dual sim phones thingie. wait for others to respond on that. Any phone that supports "Exchange ActiveSync support" will do in your case and generally Nokia E series and Blackberry are the best of the lot.
thank you for your advice desiibond......

would love to own a HTC as i have already owned a nokia and SE wouldn't go for Nokia again might go for SE if anything comes up.....don't know much about "Exchange ActiveSync support" as in how does it work if i need to get mails on MS OUTLOOK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back