~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

a friend of mine wants to buy spica after he saw mine.

his max budget is 15k.

so just incase if spica is not available, what are my other options?

requirements:

It must be an android

3G

WiFi

Form Factor: Bar preferred...Slider, only if slides to a QUERTY keyboard.

so basically, what options do have at 12-15k budget in andorid.
PS: I do not want Galaxy i7500

Needing to replace my SE K-750- I need advice for a well connected phone with physical key board with a large display-good connectivity like 3G- Wi-fi etc. SE Hazel comes to mind- need advice urgently- before spending the 12k -which is the price for this. Other equally capable alternatives will also be welcome.

@ madnav

Android phones in that price range are pretty rare...the Xperia x10 mini launched recently just about falls into that bracket. However it does not even have an on-screen QWERTY keypad, and the 2.55" screen may prove to be too small for some. HTC wildfire - launching in a month- might fit in ur budget but it will again be a close call. Samsung Corby i5500 - running android 2.1 with 3G, Wi-fi et al should launch soon (launching in italy in a week, should be here within a mnth), this could be a good idea. The galaxy i5800, when it does arrive, if ever, should also be a nice option if ur willing to wait

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ vijayshimla,

I've used the SE Elm and i was quite satisfied with it. The Hazel is basically the same stuff, just a larger screen and a slider form factor. keep in mind that this is not a smartphone, and its customization options will be limited. Oter than that, its camera is very good, the usual conectivity features( 3G, Wi-fi) are present as always and the keys are decently sized and quite easy to use. It should be a good upgrade to ur K750i

archat68 said:
Pls. suggest a phone within 7K to be used primarily for browsing.
check Nokia 5233. If you can increase budget to 7.5k, you can get 5230 which comes with 3G.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

AMDfreak said:
require a mobile for 5k...General use, longetivity, nothing special...
check NOkia 5130XM. if you can extend budget, 6303 is a superb phone.

Looking for another Symbian phone ( i intend to use a voip software through wifi to make calls) .I will not be using it for anything else .What would be the cheapest of all i can get my hands on even a second hand would do as i will be using just for this software.

Edit: Got an Nokia 5230 for 7K locally, brother is happy about the phone .Installed sygic mobile (ahem :p) it works like charm :)

So guys , I am considering buying a BB .. I am upgrading / downgrading from a Tmobile G1 running Anrdoid . Going through the feature list I really don't see much difference between the BB 8520 and the BB 9700 other than the High Res screen and GPS ? .. Is it worthing spending the extra money on the 9700 ?

BB8900 is not an option as the device has a trackball instead of the optical sensor on the other phones .

Also BB9650 looks like a better version of the 9700 with more RAM .. and higher chance of getting an OS6.0 upgrade although I am not sure if it has been launched here .

What do yo guys suggest ?

Guys I finally managed to catch hold of someone (a friend of a friend) who says he can get me teh SPICA @ 12k (including 5%VAT) . Is it a good deal? Should I go ahead or ...

{is it a good deal money wise and not availability wise}

IIRC you're from Bangalore? Right?

Please PM me the seller details, I want to buy one. :)

And regarding your query, if you want a cheap android phone yes it absolute VFM, though I've read that camera is not so good (read bad) and music is just OK :(

Budget- 3.5k

Suggest me a mobile phone with a good camera within my budget (2mp)

Other requirements - Music player, bluetooth and if possible, it should be a slider phone.

If a 2mp camera phone is not there for a budget like mine then suggest a phone with the best camera.

udayrulz said:
So guys , I am considering buying a BB .. I am upgrading / downgrading from a Tmobile G1 running Anrdoid . Going through the feature list I really don't see much difference between the BB 8520 and the BB 9700 other than the High Res screen and GPS ? .. Is it worthing spending the extra money on the 9700 ?

BB8900 is not an option as the device has a trackball instead of the optical sensor on the other phones .

Also BB9650 looks like a better version of the 9700 with more RAM .. and higher chance of getting an OS6.0 upgrade although I am not sure if it has been launched here .

What do yo guys suggest ?
BB is not worth the hype IMO. I recently purchased 8520 and its pure backwass, you cannot assign a POP3 email , you cannot use ts messenger basically a number of blackberry services are useless without a Blackberry plan. It has NO 3G, a really bad build compared to E63, the screen surface is not stiff(bends inside and touches the LCD if pressed), the body looks cheap and the music keys are really stiff, apart from that the rear battery cover is also a bit loose(will get loose after 1yr). The camera is bad, image gallery is a wastage of time , apps available are very less and installing of Apps is possible only through it's stupid software that takes 10-15 minutes to load 1 app. on the phone. Plus Blackberry OS looks boring with its text menus(like a Chinese phone). Good things that are worth mentioning are a light sensor that adjusts the brightness of screen, good voice clarity, good battery life and that's about it. BB OS is like a feature-less smartphone.

Only after getting a Blackerry service plan the BBmessenger and email service will work. BBmessenger is good only for those who have a friends using BBmessenger(very unlikely). BBservice will cost you 300bucks per month(basic) instead of this we can use unlimited GPRS for 100bucks on a Nokia E63 that provides push email service which is a lot more convenient solution. Nokia E63 can beat BB8520 in every aspect I can think of, and for a price of 13K you can get a Nokia E71 which is even better.

Couple all of this with its price of 13K you can conclude that it's not worth the money we pay for. If it's priced around 8-9K then only it'll make some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back