~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hey guys,
A friend is looking to switch over from an N95 8GB. What are her options? The new phone should be atleast comparable in terms of specs. to the current one. Clam shell design would be preferred and strictly no touch-screens. No particular budget in mind as of now. Thanks!

Please suggest a good dual sim (both gsm) phone around 4-5k, for my dad. Is micromax good? And i think even samsung has dual gsm phones now, how are they priced?

It should have somewhat big screen so that the text is easy to read and should have large contacts storage capacity.

Emperor said:
TheMobileStore cost Rs.4.3k is it true

Any 3G other than 2730C within 5k (+/- 500)
The website still says 4.9k.

http://www.themobilestore.in/mobilestore/cellphone-buy//.html

Also just old age 3G(384kbps) is not a great improvement over Edge Class 10(236kbps).

If you want better speeds you need to a phone with HSDPA(3.6Mbps). If real 3G speeds are important get a SE Naite ~ 6k/ Samsung S5350 Metro ~6k

Sony Ericsson J105 Naite - Full phone specifications

Samsung S5350 Shark - Full phone specifications

TTM & DarkAngel,

Finally bought Nokia 5130 with Free Philips Headphone (MRP 1299/- I know it's sold in open mkt. for Rs.300/-) for 4850/- with Bill.

Thanks for your valuable inputs

^ That's a decent buy, for a music phone in the 4-5K range. :)

MenTaLLyMenTaL said:
Please suggest a good dual sim (both gsm) phone around 4-5k, for my dad. Is micromax good? And i think even samsung has dual gsm phones now, how are they priced?

It should have somewhat big screen so that the text is easy to read and should have large contacts storage capacity.
Samsung C5212 ~ 4.5K*

Samsung C6112 ~ 6.5K*

Samsung D780 ~ 7.4K*

~ T.T.M ~

Emperor said:
TTM & DarkAngel,

Finally bought Nokia 5130 with Free Philips Headphone (MRP 1299/- I know it's sold in open mkt. for Rs.300/-) for 4850/- with Bill.

Thanks for your valuable inputs
Nice Buy :) The 2730 has stiff keypads when compared to the 5130XM. 5130XM has the best SQ under 5k IINM. Nice price too :D

Amien said:
Hey guys,
A friend is looking to switch over from an N95 8GB. What are her options? The new phone should be atleast comparable in terms of specs. to the current one. Clam shell design would be preferred and strictly no touch-screens. No particular budget in mind as of now. Thanks!
^ Can someone help me out here? Would appreciate any suggestions i can get.

What is the best phone I can get without a camera (Office restrictions)? Budget less than 10K. Browsing capabilities preferred. No Blackberry, and no cheap Chinese like Micromax, Karbonn and stuff.

1) Nokia 5130 XpressMusic (arguably best sub 5k music phone)

2) SE G502 (a bit old but still going strong, amazing battery life)

3) Samsung CorbyTXT (for texting addicts)

4) Samsung C5212 (dual sim)

5) Samsung S3310 (stunning looks)

desiibond said:

thnks for the reply...

i actually thought of three phones

se w205

sew350

lg ku285

how are these incomparison to the recommended phones??

taher said:
thnks for the reply...

i actually thought of three phones
se w205
sew350
lg ku285
how are these incomparison to the recommended phones??
SE W205 : this phone is much inferior to 5130 in every manner.
W350: the drop down panel is flimsy and I have seen phones losing it after some time. better not to go for it.
if you mean LG GU285, it looks good in many aspects and just a bit inferior to 5130XM. among these three, I think GU285 would be better pick.

^ Cool. This looks nice, need to check out the reviews. Browsing is a priority which is why I am not particularly interested in the BB - have heard about its not so great browser

desiibond said:

Lately SE phones below 10k range didn't perform well, one of my friend bought G502 for 7.3 k, handset screen come out automatically, body color fade near to worst, just in 6 month his handset look like using from 10 yrs. Lately he turn to 5130xp for 5k ... 9 months passed out... still no complaint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back