~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Hi,

A female friend of mine wants a nokia phone which can be used for surfing, videos and a good camera. She'd want to use gtalk/yahoo messenger and stuff, and probably will be using 3G. Her budget is 14k, and she doesn't want a touch screen phone. She was recommended a E71 by the dealer, and i tried to convince her that the media playback/camera won't be that good... pls correct me if i'm wrong.. and pls do recommend a good phone.

*Edit*

She actually decided on a 6700 Slide... i hope its good...

Regards

Guys I'm planning to buy a new phone. Budget is strictly <= 15k

I'm very keen on trying out Android and I think Spica fits my budget perfectly. But I have some issues regarding Spica.

1. How good/bad is the battery as compared to 5800?
2. Samsung website says that Spica does not have AGPS (AGPS - No (SGPS)). What does this mean? {i've not used GPS thing on phones so I have no clue what what I stand to lose out on.
3. I've read that Android isn't that great when it comes to multimedia. So how bad is the music/cam quality of the Spica?
4. Spica doesn't come bundled with a memory card, does it?
5. Under the Personal Information Management , there are a whole lot of things that are marked "no". So I'm hoping there will be some apps that can do some of those tasks?
6. Will there be any difficulties accessing WiFi on Spica? (I have a Huawei 1003A router at home (provided by BSNL).

PS: I'm not sure if this post should've been in the Spcia thread :p

Even i was supposed to get the 5800 dumped it because of the touch screen and mind you Spica is brilliant :D

Spica comes bundled with 2GB card

Spica has A GPS.I am using Sygic Mobile ( it doesn't access GPRS) .I used the same app with Map My India when i was in India ,tested it for 1 whole month no issues what so ever.

Sound quality is good when using earphones( you might have to change the tips to something better,i had used the Head-direct RE 1 tips and it sounded brilliant).Cam is good but it doesn't have flash.I never got the phone for cam

I never had issues with Wifi.

You have loads of apps for the missing PIM

What is the current street price of Micromax Q2? I am getting it for Rs 1961 after applying coupon through ebay. Is the price okay or do I head out to the mobile market. I am stretching my budget by full 461 bucks, so better this be the cheapest.:ashamed:

Thanks for the info Metalspree.

Any other good phones < 15k with all those 3G,GPS,WiFi stuff? Please suggest ones with OS and other "feature phones" as well.

What about Nokia C6? How's that one?

red_devil said:
Thanks for the info Metalspree.

Any other good phones < 15k with all those 3G,GPS,WiFi stuff? Please suggest ones with OS and other "feature phones" as well.

What about Nokia C6? How's that one?

Nokia C6 is not yet released.

you can check these phones inside 15k:

1) Se Yari
2) Samsung spica
3) E71
4) SE W995 (slightly higher price)

If navigation is your top priority, Nokia phone will be the clear pick. There is no competition to Ovi maps (alternate would be EDGE connectivity with google maps, but no turn-by-turn navigation).

[quote name='egobrain.exe']

try and have a look at HTC's TATTOO .. its a brilliant phone ..!! has got ANDROID OS .. you'll like it for sure .. and it'll fill all your needs .. :hap2:

in december i gave my N79 to wife and got the tattoo since then I am missing my favourite java apps as they wont install on a tatoo.
1) NGPAY
2) bookmyshow
3) bse sensex streamer
4) Citibank mobile banking
5) atom mobile software (atom - the' new way' to pay)

can any one help who has installed these things on their phones.
it would be of gr8 help.

regards
Ujas.

setuniket said:
What is the current street price of Micromax Q2? I am getting it for Rs 1961 after applying coupon through ebay. Is the price okay or do I head out to the mobile market. I am stretching my budget by full 461 bucks, so better this be the cheapest.:ashamed:
Street price: 2.1K

Hi TTM,

MicroMax X260 attract me lots with it's features, would you like to comment on durability & feature usability? any other phone suggestion which has equal or more futures & better quality than X260?

If possible reply with price :)

Thanks

Emperor said:
Hi TTM,

MicroMax X260 attract me lots with it's features, would you like to comment on durability & feature usability? any other phone suggestion which has equal or more futures & better quality than X260?

If possible reply with price :)

Thanks
Well, features like camera, video recording, FM, Music et all...look good on print but in reality are quite average.

For ~ 2.4K, one can't really expect much.

Can't quite comment on durability or how long the device will remain faithful.

Unfortunately, other alternatives in this price range would still be among other Chinese and Korean brands.

However, if you are essentially looking for a device offering dual-sim functionality, basic feature set, good battery life and nothing more, these options should are worth considering, given the asking price.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~

hi looking for a rugged phone for my boss...he needs it to do his official work like checking mails, editing excel sheets etc (Wi-Fi is must, also a large screen)...no touch screen and must be able to take some amount of beating....price range is under 15K...thanks :)

thetoxicmind said:
Well, features like camera, video recording, FM, Music et all...look good on print but in reality are quite average.

For ~ 2.4K, one can't really expect much.

Can't quite comment on durability or how long the device will remain faithful.

Unfortunately, other alternatives in this price range would still be among other Chinese and Korean brands.

However, if you are essentially looking for a device offering dual-sim functionality, basic feature set, good battery life and nothing more, these options should are worth considering, given the asking price.

Hope this helps.

~ T.T.M ~
Hi TTM,

I think you are right about quality & features performance, can you please suggest me any other good handset with FM, MP3 & Cam within 3, 4 & 5 k range?

wich is better se xperia x1 or htc dream G1 ??

i have considered almost all hardware features and xperia beat G1 in almost evrything ...but G1 is on android and xperia has winmo ..

i hav been using symbian all my life tweaking and modding my nokia 5730 ...dont have much idea abt winmo and android Os ...

so anything in android tht helps it get a point over xperia plzz let me know ..

thanx :)

Emperor said:
Hi TTM,

I think you are right about quality & features performance, can you please suggest me any other good handset with FM, MP3 & Cam within 3, 4 & 5 k range?

Nokia 2700C ~ 3.7k. MP3, FM, 2MP camera, 1GB microSD included.

Nokia 2730C ~ 4.1k. MP3, FM, 2MP camera, 1GB microSD included,3G(384kbps).

Nokia 5130XM ~ 4.8k. MP3(excellent SQ), FM, 2MP camera, 1GB microSD included.

Nokia 2690 ~ 2.7k. MP3, FM, VGA camera, no microSD included(a 2GB card costs Rs.250).

DarkAngel said:
Nokia 2700C ~ 3.7k. MP3, FM, 2MP camera, 1GB microSD included.

Nokia 2730C ~ 4.1k. MP3, FM, 2MP camera, 1GB microSD included,3G(384kbps).

Nokia 5130XM ~ 4.8k. MP3(excellent SQ), FM, 2MP camera, 1GB microSD included.

Nokia 2690 ~ 2.7k. MP3, FM, VGA camera, no microSD included(a 2GB card costs Rs.250).
Thanks Karthik :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back