~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Reactions: 2 people

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
^^ Your welcome, Samsung has quite a few Dual Sims in slider and candybar form factors. But i personally havent come across one, so cant comment on them. Try searching for some reviews though.

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
prince_20003 said:
Hi pals,

very soon i will be moving out of my home for job ,,,so for few months i wont be having my lappy or desktop either...

So want to have some smartphone around 16k to keep in touch with all my online pals...

here what i want to have in my phone...

1) Should be able to log in multiple email accounts as well as instant messengers at the same time & should raise sound alerts whenever either instant message or email is received..

2) Decent webpage surfing capability.. and Should play streaming videos...

3) Decent headphone audio quality

4) Pretty strong vibrator & loud speakers for ringtones & alarms(To wake a Sleeping Monster like what i am )

now i am thinking of E72...... but you guys can suggest me if there is any better option ,,,,BUDGET is strictly 16k

Thanks
Isn't this thread going well? : http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phone-buying-advice/mobile-phone-around-16k-nokia-e72-171879.html No duplicate posts please :)

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
^ Droid X is a CDMA phone, available only with Verizon Wireless in the USA. That's on record. In the real world, they are short of stock and so it is next to impossible to lay your hands on a piece.

harisubs

Disciple
Sep 25, 2009
Cochin
Hello all,

This is for a friend of mine. Can someone help out with a few recommendatios?

Budget is around 8K
The requirements in order of priority are:
1) Mail checking (yahoo, gmail)
2) Gtalk and yahoo messenger
3) Viewing newspaper(epaper) website and portals like rediff
4) Decent battery life with all these applcations
5) A document/pdf viewer.
6) Qwerty keypad if it really makes difference in terms of using these applications.

He likes the Nokia 5230/5235 (btw, whats the difference?) even though it doesnt have the QWERTY k/b.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
Looking for a phone with following features:

1) Good cam ( something like 5MP)

2) FM Transmitter ( Realised its potential and it is something which i most def wd like to have )

3) Good processing speed.

4) Nokia preferred. But not adamant about Nokia brand either.

Budget abt 15k. Wd like to keep it well inside 15 though.

Already have an N79 in the house and looking for something which is faster.

var89

Adept
Aug 27, 2007
teche said:
Thanks Pillai, I guess Samsung has some Dual sim models in the market!

Could you suggest some good model by Samsung?
Hi just enquired about samsung C3212. Its discontinued plus the second sim on that phone was not active while on another call(thats what the mobile store guy told me). How about Samsung C5212.

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
Spacescreamer said:
Looking for a phone with following features:

1) Good cam ( something like 5MP)

2) FM Transmitter ( Realised its potential and it is something which i most def wd like to have )

3) Good processing speed.

4) Nokia preferred. But not adamant about Nokia brand either.

Budget abt 15k. Wd like to keep it well inside 15 though.

Already have an N79 in the house and looking for something which is faster.
Nokia 6700 slide ~ 9.5-10k. Satisfies mentioned needs. Its a smartphone. Has 5MP cam(Good one) and 3G. Only con is it has a 2.5mm jack instead of standard 3.5mm one.

Nokia 6700 slide review: Braving the odds - GSMArena.com

Obviously there aren’t any fancy features such as face and smile detection or dynamic range optimizations but the the Nokia 6700 slide delivers some seriously wicked image quality. It easily ranks the phone among the best 5 megapixel cameraphones on the market. The photos have pleasing colors and good contrast with the noise levels still remaining pretty good. The amount of resolved detail is also among the best we have seen on a 5 megapixel phone.

Spacescreamer

ex-Mod
Jan 23, 2006
DarkAngel said:
Nokia 6700 slide ~ 9.5-10k. Satisfies mentioned needs. Its a smartphone. Has 5MP cam(Good one) and 3G. Only con is it has a 2.5mm jack instead of standard 3.5mm one.

Now why does Nokia has to act that weird all the time ?

Seriously a 2.5 mm jack in today's times ..??

I would have seriously considered this phone despite its stupid design but that jack is a real deal breaker. Main idea of the phone is to use it for the music files being run from inside the car and an option of using the connector would have boosted the chances. Will have to seriously consider this drawback now.

No other options ??

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
Spacescreamer said:
Now why does Nokia has to act that weird all the time ?
Seriously a 2.5 mm jack in today's times ..??

I would have seriously considered this phone despite its stupid design but that jack is a real deal breaker. Main idea of the phone is to use it for the music files being run from inside the car and an option of using the connector would have boosted the chances. Will have to seriously consider this drawback now.

No other options ??
Nokia X6 16GB ~ 15-16k. Nokia X6 8GB ~ 13-13.5k(Not sure abt availbility in all markets)
Nokia 6700 ~ 11.5k. Its not a smartphone and lacks wifi but has a good cam and a 3.5mm jack.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Outside the Nokia stable there is the SE C903 ~ 10k(lacks wi-fi) and the SE Elm ~ 11k(has wifi). Both are feature phones with good 5MP camera. But they have fast ports. But u can get a 3.5mm jack adapter for these phones.

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
Emperor said:
TTM, Darky & Friends,

What about with G-Five Brand, I found this model for 1990/- with lots of good future & 1 year on-site warranty, how good hardware is & ease to claim warranty? Please update your best.
I have come across one G-Five brand fone and it was pretty decent for the price. But the ebay link says it comes with dealer warranty(as good as none). So its better to avoid that listing.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.