~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Reactions: 2 people

d@rK nEmEsIs

Skilled
Feb 3, 2008
Mumbai
www.techmadoo.com
motorheadinc said:
Hi TTM,

Need the cheapest possible phone for my father. His Nokia 5300 is playing nasty since a few days now.

Requirements:

1) Decent Megapixel camera (1.3 or 2 will do)

2) FM/Music with memory card slot (SDhc) and speakerphone.

3) Decent battery life.

I would prefer candybar phones, no flip/slide please.

Already seen Nokia 2690 (but its got VGA camera) rest all is fine.

Not biased towards or against any brand but definitely want a phone which looks good, has a solid feel and a smooth interface.

Budget: 3.5K (Lower the better)

Thanks in Advance
Cheapest you can get

Alcatel OT i650

1700 bucks

modifii

Disciple
Dec 22, 2009
Emil said:
My original question still remains:
What is the cheapest solution with both Symbian 60 and WiFi? Is there anything better VFM than E63 for this?
At present no.

You may wait for E5 which will be in showrooms soon. It will cost @10k.

But if you cant wait, E63 is one the finest product of Nokia.

motorheadinc

Adept
Jun 17, 2008
www.awishcar.com
motorheadinc said:
Hi TTM,

Need the cheapest possible phone for my father. His Nokia 5300 is playing nasty since a few days now.

Requirements:

1) Decent Megapixel camera (1.3 or 2 will do)

2) FM/Music with memory card slot (SDhc) and speakerphone.

3) Decent battery life.

I would prefer candybar phones, no flip/slide please.

Already seen Nokia 2690 (but its got VGA camera) rest all is fine.

Not biased towards or against any brand but definitely want a phone which looks good, has a solid feel and a smooth interface.

Budget: 3.5K (Lower the better)

Thanks in Advance
Anything apart from the Alcatel please... I like that but then the seller had sold it for even cheaper at 1500 for the so called orange sports edition which he is now selling at 2K. Have messaged him and am waiting for his reply.

DarkAngel

Skilled
Apr 10, 2009
motorheadinc said:
Anything apart from the Alcatel please... I like that but then the seller had sold it for even cheaper at 1500 for the so called orange sports edition which he is now selling at 2K. Have messaged him and am waiting for his reply.
Chk out the Nokia 2700~3.6k. Comes with a 1 GB card and has 2MP camera and 2" screen.

amohit

Disciple
May 20, 2009
Any idea how is HTC wildfire? Can it be rated better than Nokia X6 (apart from resistive vs capacitive touchscreens)

Which place in bangalore will be the best to buy this phone?

Regards,

Mohit

maheshr

Disciple
Sep 25, 2008
sorry for double posting,

hi,

please suggest a multimedia mobile phone in the range 17k-18k. Qwerty keaboard will be preferred. AND No E-Series please.

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
amohit said:
Any idea how is HTC wildfire? Can it be rated better than Nokia X6 (apart from resistive vs capacitive touchscreens)

Which place in bangalore will be the best to buy this phone?

Regards,

Mohit
The low resolution of Wildfire can be a dealbreaker. I have seen those low quality displays of HTC phones and they do suck big time. This phone is worth 12k and not more than that. If it's at 16k, you better save a bit more money and get HTC Legend or get Nokia X6 or Nokia C6 (once the price drops below 15k)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

maheshr said:

hi,

please suggest a multimedia mobile phone in the range 17k-18k. Qwerty keaboard will be preferred. AND No E-Series please.
Nokia C6 (currently overpriced, wait for the price drop)

SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro (phone is too tiny but do give it a try)

BB 8900 Javelin (data plans are a bit costly)

modifii

Disciple
Dec 22, 2009
maheshr said:

hi,
Why dont you get N97 Mini then? It costs around 18k. Or wait for C6 till September.

uchiha

Recruit
Jul 6, 2010
Hey man.. Thanks for the awesome support thread..

Can you please help me decide between hd2, desire and Galaxy.

I am inclining towards desire since it seems to be the best of 'all' worlds (looks, durability, speed and support). Durability is a major issue because I am used to kicking my phone around like I did with my old P3300 (gotta say, that poor thing took it all for 2 years till it's screen finally broke last week) and I plan to use it for at least 2-3 years if I'm spending 25-30k on it.

I hope I am choosing the right one. Please let me know what you think.

Also, could you give me an idea about the current prices of these 3 in Mumbai. I wouldn't mind buying it from lamington if possible

Thanks

Abhinay

arvnd

Disciple
Dec 13, 2009
Which mobile phone to get for my sister? She currently has a K550i which she just loves, but the display has gone bad and some keys not working. Tried to get it repaired but looks like the board would need to be changed, so probably not worth the trouble.

Looking for a decent mobile within 5K budget with mp3 playback and a reasonably decent camera(say 2MP) . She has a preference towards Sony Ericsson . I dont mind buying another K550i (if it's available).

agantuk

Skilled
Aug 1, 2009
arvnd said:
Which mobile phone to get for my sister? She currently has a K550i which she just loves, but the display has gone bad and some keys not working. Tried to get it repaired but looks like the board would need to be changed, so probably not worth the trouble.

Looking for a decent mobile within 5K budget with mp3 playback and a reasonably decent camera(say 2MP) . She has a preference towards Sony Ericsson . I dont mind buying another K550i (if it's available).
Nokia 7020, 2730 classic, 2700 classic

crvinay_4u

Adept
Apr 29, 2009
hi friends,I'm buying a new mobile in 6.5k range.I decided on the Nokia 5233,but my friend says that the Corby is better in touch sensitivity and is better than the 5233 in messaging.I am also considering the LG cookie fresh.Help me out guys.

amohit

Disciple
May 20, 2009
Just came to know that the Samsung Wave has been priced down to 15k. Cannot guarantee the reliability of the source. Please check before you buy the phone.

Regards,

Mohit

Status
Not open for further replies.