~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Reactions: 2 people

Emil

Skilled
Nov 10, 2005
Mumbai
Which is the cheapest decent phone that can be used to make and receive Skype calls? Obviously needs WiFi and a suitable OS.

So far my choice looks like E63.

Any suggestions?

amul_capri

Disciple
Jun 18, 2007
Yes - Ipod Touch 8gb, with JBuds earphones.

Budget is around 10k-20k (if its worth it). Android/Symbian/Win doesn't really matter.
I won't use it for social networking and internet jazz.
Only Music/light calling/heavy texting/few games...

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
amul_capri said:
Yes - Ipod Touch 8gb, with JBuds earphones.

Budget is around 10k-20k (if its worth it). Android/Symbian/Win doesn't really matter.

I won't use it for social networking and internet jazz.

Only Music/light calling/heavy texting/few games...
let me tell you one thing clearly. No current gen phone can match ipod touch in multimedia experience. If you are thinking of using the phone as replacement for ipod touch, it is a bad thought :)

given your needs, check Nokia 5235. I don't think you would need anything more than that. if you want phone with lots of memory, NOkia X6 16Gb for 16k

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
i am getting a brand new micromax q1 on ebay with 1 yr warranty for 1274 using a discount coupon. i plan to use it as a second phone. are micromax phones good and reliable? or should i go for spice qt 44 for roughly the same price?

Emperor

Skilled
Jan 12, 2006
Hi TTM,

any good & lowest possible dual sim phone with big font on display & big-smooth keypad , good sound quality (call reception/fm & MP3) for elderly people? Camera not essential, though no-problem if it's there.

Regards :)

smAsh

Disciple
Feb 18, 2008
desiibond said:
let me tell you one thing clearly. No current gen phone can match ipod touch in multimedia experience. If you are thinking of using the phone as replacement for ipod touch, it is a bad thought :)

given your needs, check Nokia 5235. I don't think you would need anything more than that. if you want phone with lots of memory, NOkia X6 16Gb for 16k

I think Samsung wave @17K is better option than Nokia X6.

desiibond

Skilled
Jan 19, 2009
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
yes budget can be pushed to 28k ! But are you sure Galaxy S ?!!!
Yes. Why? It's the best android phone in the market. 16gig memory, good audio quality, divx playback, stunning video quality. What more do you need?

thetoxicmind

ex-Mod
Jun 3, 2007
Interweb
Emperor said:
Hi TTM,

any good & lowest possible dual sim phone with big font on display & big-smooth keypad , good sound quality (call reception/fm & MP3) for elderly people? Camera not essential, though no-problem if it's there.

Regards :)
Well, there are some decent (yet cheap) options from Micromax, Karbonn and Videocon.

You'll have to take a look at the models that are available locally, too many to list out as such.

~ T.T.M ~

kunaldua

Disciple
Apr 6, 2009
Anyone checked the street price of Nokia C5 yet?

Any other NON touchscreen, non Micromax/ Lemon type (i.e. "Indian"/ Chinese) phones that you would recommend around the similar price point (under 10K) ? GPS is NOT a must, WiFi would be nice, but, again, not must.

St.John

Disciple
Mar 10, 2010
C5 going to be 7 grands only after the price stabilizes, checked at a local dealer who said that the price was 7.5 Grands (and not available, wait for a week more he said).... Wait for about a month or so till the C5 hits the 7 Grand mark.. It has a decent feature set (no wifi) but everything else is taken care of...

motorheadinc

Adept
Jun 17, 2008
www.awishcar.com
Hi TTM,

Need the cheapest possible phone for my father. His Nokia 5300 is playing nasty since a few days now.

Requirements:

1) Decent Megapixel camera (1.3 or 2 will do)

2) FM/Music with memory card slot (SDhc) and speakerphone.

3) Decent battery life.

I would prefer candybar phones, no flip/slide please.

Already seen Nokia 2690 (but its got VGA camera) rest all is fine.

Not biased towards or against any brand but definitely want a phone which looks good, has a solid feel and a smooth interface.

Budget: 3.5K (Lower the better)

Thanks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.