~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

desiibond said:
Did you check SE Zylo? If you can spend 11k-12k, you can get SE Elm or Hazel or yari. All three are superb phones.
ok Zylo looks good for about 8 k. planning to buy by next month end. any new phones coming by that time at that price point (touchscreen, Wi-fi, GPS) guess i am too greed here :)

ggt said:
ok Zylo looks good for about 8 k. planning to buy by next month end. any new phones coming by that time at that price point (touchscreen, Wi-fi, GPS) guess i am too greed here :)
If except the wi-fi then the Nokia 5230 is good for ~7.5k. Else the Samsung Monte/ Galaxy 5 ~ 9k.

If u want only SE phones then u are out of luck. There are no SE touch screen phones with all connectivity in that price point.

The X8 should cost ~ 13k

The Yendo is a basic feature phone with touch screen and has features similar to basic Corby.

When is Nokia C3 coming out? if its launch is not near(~20days), any other handset in same range. phone should have a good music player,decent camera for taking family photos & its design should be sleek and stylish.do not need a smartphone, my sis does not run many apps.

plus, would like to avoid touch screen phones as I heard touch screens at this price point are not responsive.And unresponsive touch screens are bad for SMS

Gaurish said:
When is Nokia C3 coming out? if its launch is not near(~20days), any other handset in same range. phone should have a good music player,decent camera for taking family photos & its design should be sleek and stylish.do not need a smartphone, my sis does not run many apps.

plus, would like to avoid touch screen phones as I heard touch screens at this price point are not responsive.And unresponsive touch screens are bad for SMS

nokia x2 ..currently for 6.2K@NPD, 6.1K ebay , 5.6K Nokia X2 - adexmart

Gaurish said:

The touch screen part is subjective.
My keypad of My SE is showing signs of dying. The zero button is not working. Guess i can hold my phone till the time i upgrade my phone.
And you yourself had a touch screen nokia right. How was that one?
Samsung uses a capacitive screen so response should be better.
Gauresh

agantuk said:
Checked the Samsung Champ? Quite feminine I think :) Camera however is decent for day light photos. No flash. Touch screen is nice.

No the black coloured one is good for guys you must have checked some girlish coloured phone

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gaurish said:

No samsung' s touch screen is quite good and responsive
You can get a touch + QWERTY keypad corby plus instead

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ggt said:
The touch screen part is subjective.

My keypad of My SE is showing signs of dying. The zero button is not working. Guess i can hold my phone till the time i upgrade my phone.

And you yourself had a touch screen nokia right. How was that one?

Samsung uses a capacitive screen so response should be better.

Gauresh

How is your phone ??

techno_guy said:
No the black coloured one is good for guys you must have checked some girlish coloured phone
How is your phone ??

been using it for almost two years. it is a SE W350. music is great from the phone(its actually the only thing i like about my phone apart from support of jar files).
last month the back light of the phone died. till yesterday other functions were alright but suddenly 0 button stops functioning.
i think its suggesting me to get a new phone.:(
using the phone largely for music and Wap on phone and PC. so upgrade can be avoided till other keys function fine:ashamed:
Zylo apart from Touch screen and wi-fi has better hardware specs (3G @7.2Mbps D/L,2Mbps U/L)
2.6 inches screen (16M) colors not sure though.
saw some youtube videos and was liking it.
but saw my SIS's 5230 and liked the fact it can do video wide screen (playback and recording) so easily.
but for future 3G I'm tempted for Zylo.
plus did'nt like the music output of 5230with my PL-11.:no:
thus the confusion :S

ggt said:
been using it for almost two years. it is a SE W350. music is great from the phone(its actually the only thing i like about my phone apart from support of jar files).

last month the back light of the phone died. till yesterday other functions were alright but suddenly 0 button stops functioning.

i think its suggesting me to get a new phone.:(

using the phone largely for music and Wap on phone and PC. so upgrade can be avoided till other keys function fine:ashamed:

Zylo apart from Touch screen and wi-fi has better hardware specs (3G @7.2Mbps D/L,2Mbps U/L)

2.6 inches screen (16M) colors not sure though.

saw some youtube videos and was liking it.

but saw my SIS's 5230 and liked the fact it can do video wide screen (playback and recording) so easily.

but for future 3G I'm tempted for Zylo.

plus did'nt like the music output of 5230with my PL-11.:no:

thus the confusion :S

if i am right 5235 comes with 3G and unlimited music download from ovi music. And it does sound good too.

desiibond said:
if i am right 5235 comes with 3G and unlimited music download from ovi music. And it does sound good too.
are you sure about it? the music being better.
the fact is at 40% volume my SE W350 is louder than the nokia 5230 at almost 90% volume level.
so was not that satisfied with the overall output.
do the stock earphones have better output?
P.S : the volume level was compared with my PL-11. and not just the volume but the overall bass and clarity was much better on SE W350.

ggt said:
are you sure about it? the music being better.

the fact is at 40% volume my SE W350 is louder than the nokia 5230 at almost 90% volume level.

so was not that satisfied with the overall output.

do the stock earphones have better output?

P.S : the volume level was compared with my PL-11. and not just the volume but the overall bass and clarity was much better on SE W350.

Exactly 5230/5233/5235 all have bad audio outputs and speaker volume is too low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back