~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Will be getting one touch screen phone for daddy today.
Any new suggestions apart from the galaxy pop or fit to fit in the budget of upto 9k.
Also would like to the best price in mumbai since will be buying it today on the auspicious day.

ggt said:
Will be getting one touch screen phone for daddy today.
Any new suggestions apart from the galaxy pop or fit to fit in the budget of upto 9k.
Also would like to the best price in mumbai since will be buying it today on the auspicious day.
Better extend the budget a bit and get the LG Optimus One P500. Price should be in the 9.5k-10k range.

DarkAngel said:
Better extend the budget a bit and get the LG Optimus One P500. Price should be in the 9.5k-10k range.
not that it is a problem but dad wont approve of it.
He was earlier going only for nokia but now is open to try samsung.

egobrain.exe said:
Wanted to seek some advice on the ZTE Blade(San Francisco). Please tell me how the phone is and how does it compare to other phones of its class?
It is a good phone for the price. DO keep in mind that it won't carry a warranty in India. If you want a similar phone that is available in India, get the LG O1.

Guys kindly suggest a phone for a female friend for around Rs.9,000.

Main requirements: Should have decent audio quality and camera. Auto focus must.

No Nokia and LG Optimus please. She finds optimus to be fat!

PhotostarSR said:

Main requirements: Should have decent audio quality and camera. Auto focus must.

Get her the Samsung Galaxy Pop. Though the Screen Resolution is not really a strong point for the phone...

PhotostarSR said:
Sony Ericsson Elm ~ 7.6k
Good 5MP Cam and excellent audio quality. Only -ve is that i has SE's non-standard fast port instead of 3.5mm jack and microUSB

^^Thanks for that :)

But any touch screen+android possible? budget can be increased to 10k.

Basically this is wat she wants:

1. Touch Screen

2. Android OS

3. Decent cam

4. Good music quality

5. Should be thin!

6. NO NOKIA, LG Optimus

Budget 10k :)

Mephistopheles said:
I asked this before but got no reply, asking again:
Is 3.85k a good price for Nokia X2-01?
Yeah the phone has a good qwerty KB with decent OS, audio quality, screen and build. But only an below avg. camera (VGA)
So if you dont mind the cam then its a good qwerty phone at that price :)

Mephistopheles said:
Is 3.85k a good price for Nokia X2-01?

Get it from Letsbuy for Rs.3,619/-

Buy a 250 rupees off coupon for Rs. 25/- from Koovs here: Koovs - Rs. 25 = Rs. 250 coupon for Letsbuy.com. India's leading portal for branded and best priced Computer and Peripherals, Digicams, Electronics and Home Appliances, Gaming Consoles and Softwares, Mobile Phones and Netbooks. Stay tuned for many mo
And the Letsbuy link for the X2-01: Nokia X2-01 Mobile - Latest models| Best Prices

Effective Price: Rs. 3,844 - Rs. 250 + Rs. 25 = Rs. 3,619/- Shipped :yahoo:

BTW, hurry as the Koovs Coupon deal expires in ~ 6 hours...

nehaladsul said:
It is a good phone for the price. DO keep in mind that it won't carry a warranty in India. If you want a similar phone that is available in India, get the LG O1.
Oh ok. But i dont like the shape of the O1 at all. Blade seems to be more fascinating! And can you also tell me what with the screens, i mean some are OLED and some are LCD/TFT ?

egobrain.exe said:
Oh ok. But i dont like the shape of the O1 at all. Blade seems to be more fascinating! And can you also tell me what with the screens, i mean some are OLED and some are LCD/TFT ?
AMOLED ones are difficult to get but the AMOLED ones are super crisp. Far better than LCD.

If you get the AMOLED one, go for it ASAP... else, even the LCD is not that bad. :p

pauldmps said:
^^ X10 is a good choice considering that SE has announced Gingerbread update for it. Don't go for the Mini Pro. Wave II is not a good choice either due to its OS.

Can you mention your budget & priorities so that we can suggest you the best handset in your budget ?
Hmm, i see well my budget may extend to 25 K's bt as i have around 15 @ hand, so i was thinking of buying the aforementioned phones.. bt seems X10 is worth the wait.. yeah BADA isnt my cup of tea with Android around.. bt i liked the AMOLED screen of wave.. is xperia x10 good enuf or shud i wait for the Xperia Arc?... btw hw good is SE Yendo? i wanna buy it for my younger sister!

Plz suggest a phone within 20k for a friend (girl)
I'm thinking of a good mid-high end android phone. But I'm not uptodate with the latest android phones. I think SE and Samsung have a good android lineup.

So plz suggest some good android phones within 15-20k. Also suggest any non-android phones within the range which u think are good (I dunno why ppl would go for non-android phones now but I could be missing somthing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back