~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

cranky said:
Back again for another question.

Needed a phone for Mom and Dad. The keypad needs to be huge - Dad is close to 70 and can't see too well. Also needs to be a phone built for the elderly. Needs no additional features except for being able to dial a number (even one number which I can program every speed dial key for) and receive calls. Can be as cheap or as expensive as needed - price is no factor.

Thanks in advance!
The iBall Aasaan and Arpan are marketed for exactly that niche.

egobrain.exe said:
Budget is around ~22k. And the thing is my only option is HTC phones. I've a source from where i get a bit more discount on HTC phones, So please suggest me a HTC phone. Ive been looking at Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z and Incredible S on GSMArena. Incredible is a bit out of my budget, but the other three come in the range.
I would suggest the Desire S over the other two. But outside of HTC the Galaxy S and the Nexus S are good choices.

The iBall Aasaan and Arpan are marketed for exactly that niche.

iBall? Phones?

Has anyone any experience of iBall service? The Aasaan looks like exactly what I want. It's nice that a phone from an India brand costs so much more than a well-kitted out Nokia or similar. However money is no object when it comes to this sort of thing, so here goes!

egobrain.exe said:
But, if we compare the ratings of the two. The HD scores more than the S! Also the HD has an 8MP cam and a bigger screen. But, the S has a S-LCD display and a 1.1 ROM which the HD does not have. Cant decide between the both :(

HTC Desire S vs. HTC Desire HD - GSMArena.com
MP alone doesn't determine camera quality. I just feel the DHD is a bit too big and heavy. It also has a smaller battery than the Desire S!

Smaller battery and bigger screen -> Doesn't sound too good eh!

Take a look at both phones if possible. You are the only one who can decide which screen size is better for you. if you feel you absolutely need a 4.3" and 3.7" is too small for you then pick the DHD. Else i would suggest the Desire S.

cranky said:
iBall? Phones?

Has anyone any experience of iBall service? The Aasaan looks like exactly what I want. It's nice that a phone from an India brand costs so much more than a well-kitted out Nokia or similar. However money is no object when it comes to this sort of thing, so here goes!
I must confess I have never actually seen this or any other iBall phone other than in pictures. But this one does look pretty rugged as well. If you can actually lay your hands on one, a guy with your background would get a pretty good idea based on look and feel alone.

Nexus S has a better GPU and MUCH better community support. i9003 has 720p recording and gorilla glass. Overall Nexus S is a much better buy. This coming from an i9003 owner. (only because it was a gift, otherwise would've bought Nexus S only)

manu1991 said:
If you need more than 16GB of storage, then yes. Frankly, i feel the LG O2x @ 22k is better than both.
Frankly, the nexus itself is a long shot for me. Could you suggest good ones from 15-18k range? Exclude the Ace. I already own a O1

The nexus s in letsbuy is quoted at 19.9k. With the reliance coupon, it gets down to 18.9k. However, the details are contradicting. They mention it has a super AMOLED screen in the product overview but also mention it has a super LCD in the Product Specification. From what I can guess, its just a super lcd and not amoled. Can someone confirm this? Also, where can I get the amoled version from for the cheapest price?

My friend is looking for a cheap phone that supports Wi-Fi tethering (phone becomes a Wi-Fi hotspot and provides internet to other Wi-F devices over 3G).

Please advise.

similar dilemma b/w defy and nexus S.

confused b/w nexus S @18.5K (ebay after 1K coupon) and defy@ 14K (letsbuy ..14.6K- 600 for bluetooth headset) :mad:

+ Nexus S
Larger Screen(4" vs 3.7")
Better CPU & GPU
16 gb storage(vs 2gb in defy)
Lesser SAR value (~0.5 vs 1.5)

+Defy
Compact ( Nexus is 1.5 cm larger)
Rugged

Cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back