~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

Where can I get it? Will I have to get it from US? Is it locked to verizon? Will it work with Indian sim?

Will the 512 MB internal storage be an issue for apps? assuming no game n similar apps are used?

Thanks

^^

1) Durable

2) Really good battery back up

3) Good voice clarity

4) Prefer to have a dual Sim

5) FM

6) Looks decent (not the flashy orange, green and yellow LAVA, Karbonn ones)

7) Samsung

Was planning to go for E1160, but one major drawback is 200 SMS plus no dual sim.

Planning to opt for E1172, what do you recommend, have a look at the specs

Both E1172 and E1160 are priced similar

I'm confused between a couple of phones because I dont know their street price without bill.Please help me out for the following-

Motorola Defy

Samsung galaxy I9000

Samsung Google Nexus S

Dell Streak

DarkAngel said:
^Your needs? If you need a good stereo speakers for FM then the E1160. Excellent speakers. Build and battery backup is also pretty good :)
I am also in lookout for similar phone with atleast dual speakers, WirelessFM, Good voice clarity, atleast gprs/java support for java apps, and good big font support screen, Samsung/Lg, less than 3k. E1160 is good but lacks java app support, anything else which is tried, tested and believed good?

Sorry, If already been answered, but I could not get the answer.

I want to know, if I can get a locked+contract android 2.3 smart phone from USA,
1. can I unlock it
2. will it be compatible with Indian GSM SIMs
3. Is it legal to do so

If all above has +ve answers then, I guess most of us must be doing this to get better specs smart phone with less price :p

^

pratikb said:
you are taking phone on contract.

if you have ssn,you get it linked to that and your credit card status.

suppose you take it on contract with your cc history.

you have to honour contract and pay monthly bills of contracts.

if you dont pay monthly bill,you have option of early contract termination.

if you dont have ssn or cc history , you wont get phone on contract.you have to deposit 500 usd or so for getting phone on contract.after one yr they may retain your deposit if your account is in good standing.
http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/att-mobile-unlock-in-india-problem-193831.html

Hello all,

I just wanted feedbacks about the HTC phones available in India. I wanted to know about the battery back up about the phones. And please also suggest me the one with the best battery back up! The use in my phone is extensive texting and calling. A bit of music, other than that nothing really important. I need a quick response. Thank you!!

Regards,

egOB!

Back again for another question.

Needed a phone for Mom and Dad. The keypad needs to be huge - Dad is close to 70 and can't see too well. Also needs to be a phone built for the elderly. Needs no additional features except for being able to dial a number (even one number which I can program every speed dial key for) and receive calls. Can be as cheap or as expensive as needed - price is no factor.

Thanks in advance!

egobrain.exe said:
Hello all,

I just wanted feedbacks about the HTC phones available in India. I wanted to know about the battery back up about the phones. And please also suggest me the one with the best battery back up! The use in my phone is extensive texting and calling. A bit of music, other than that nothing really important. I need a quick response. Thank you!!

Regards,
egOB!

Whats your budget. If you want good batter backup and extensive texting i would suggest the Nokia E6-00. You can get it for ~16.3k (If you have such a large budget)
If its less than 10k then the Nokia E5 ~ 8.2k

*Prices mentioned are after discount from letsbuy using ICICILB and RCOMLB1

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/say-hi-to-the-nokia-e6-193919.html

Budget is around ~22k. And the thing is my only option is HTC phones. I've a source from where i get a bit more discount on HTC phones, So please suggest me a HTC phone. Ive been looking at Desire HD, Desire S, Desire Z and Incredible S on GSMArena. Incredible is a bit out of my budget, but the other three come in the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back